Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do the Clippers and Cavs both improve if you swap Griffin for Love straight up?

Just a thought experiment. CP3 is the type of guy who could REALLY bring out the best in Love, and playing next to DeAndre Jordan would make Love's defensive issues less problematic. BG is a much better ballhandler than Love and having Griffin and Lebron together on the court could result in a devastating smallball lineup.

Jordan Stopper

Default Re: Do the Clippers and Cavs both improve if you swap Griffin for Love straight up?

LOL, i'd even give up Love for Austin Rivers

Love is just not a good basketball player

Default Re: Do the Clippers and Cavs both improve if you swap Griffin for Love straight up?

BG lebron spacing problems is a small worry. Don't think he get as many ball handling opportunities with irving and lebron either instead of just cp3. You have 2 shooters in that starting lineup now but I guess the bench could make up for that. Love seems like a better fit with his shooting but blake's all around game really helps the Clippers. If it wasn't for draymond this year, he still be the best playmaking pf in the league.

I don't think it'll make much of a difference for the Cavs and while Love will be able to fit in well with CP3 I don't think Clippers change much.

NBA Legend

Its not makin much difference either way. In fact in theory Love is a better fit with Lebron because of the spacing, altho Love likes to go ice cold whenever something important is on the line.

Irving and Paul is what really needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Irving and Paul is what really needs to happen.

If Cleveland gets swept or loses in 5 they need to consider this.
    Hmm... Kyrie is too much of a chucker I think. DeAndre and Blake get 1/10th the dunks they would now if Kyrie was in the driver's seat.

The Cavs would be BEASTLY with a CP3/Love/LeBron combo, though. And MUCH better at wing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Hmm... Kyrie is too much of a chucker I think. DeAndre and Blake get 1/10th the dunks they would now if Kyrie was in the driver's seat.

The Cavs would be BEASTLY with a CP3/Love/LeBron combo, though. And MUCH better at wing defense.
    But they get significantly younger though. And Irving can improve from where he is now. Plus Griffin doesn't need a great distributor, he's a good enough passer to make up for Irving's deficiencies.

Paul is getting old. It makes no sense to waste his last prime years on something that's clearly not working. Get him on Cleveland so he can play with his buddy and try to contend for a title.

I want to see this go down.

But they get significantly younger though. And Irving can improve from where he is now. Plus Griffin doesn't need a great distributor, he's a good enough passer to make up for Irving's deficiencies.

Paul is getting old. It makes no sense to waste his last prime years on something that's clearly not working. Get him on Cleveland so he can play with his buddy and try to contend for a title.

I want to see this go down.

For sure I just think it would favor the Cavs a bit more. Whereas I think the BG/Love trade is a 'wash' but improves both. Don't get me wrong though I like your idea, it would add a lot of excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    For sure I just think it would favor the Cavs a bit more. Whereas I think the BG/Love trade is a 'wash' but improves both. Don't get me wrong though I like your idea, it would add a lot of excitement.
    What do you think about the lack of shooting and spacing with James/Griffin?

What do you think about the lack of shooting and spacing with James/Griffin?

On second thought... yeah that could be problematic. All I really have to say is it doesn't seem like it could get worse than it already is

LeBron USED to be a good 3pt shooter and Blake actually had a very nice midrange last season. This season LeBron has been shit, and Blake seems to have lost his balls. Blake used midrange as a dangerous threat, but this year he seems to have become over-reliant on it and was shooting worse.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 06-07-2016 at 03:12 AM.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Cavs get worse

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Cavs should improve..but Lebron ball as a way of limiting players. Blake isn't a 3pt shooter, but he has a more dynamic game. With Lebron holding the ball Blake would surely be limited. Love on the Clippers wouldn't be much of an improvement. He adds an extra 3pt shooter and rebounds but doesn't win you games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

dont think so .. cavs are basically trading shooting for ball handling / finishing, thats redundant w/ Bron. Blake would make the spacing even worse, and brings similar problems on defense.

College superstar

Lol.......Clippers getting raped in the butt on this trade.........Love is just trash.