High School Varsity 6th Man ortonsaw's Avatar

Default If LeBron, Wade, Chris, Melo Superteam does happen, what team would it be?

Honestly, i wouldnt be surprised if Lebron leaves again after this year final to join another superteam so what team would it be if this superteam is possible?
    Knicks? Heat? Cavs? Clips? I cant think of anywhere else

Default Re: If LeBron, Wade, Chris, Melo Superteam does happen, what team would it be?

Please don't let it be the knicks. I would be pissed!

Default Re: If LeBron, Wade, Chris, Melo Superteam does happen, what team would it be?

melo would have to get traded has the longest contract amongst them...but lebron could easily make it anywhere as he got that billion dollar lifetime deal going for him

lakers will have a potential 100 million in cap next year if they dont sign anyone this year...

Quote Originally Posted by ortonsaw
    Honestly, i wouldnt be surprised if Lebron leaves again after this year final to join another superteam so what team would it be if this superteam is possible?
    Knicks? Heat? Cavs? Clips? I cant think of anywhere else
    In HELL.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

That team will suck so bad. My condolences to whichever team it happens to

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    That team will suck so bad. My condolences to whichever team it happens to
    Why? All they would really need would be a center, someone that can rebound, block shots and do some of the dirty work. Maybe one of them could come off the bench to lead the 2nd team (Wade or Melo, whoever's ego can handle that). What's your definition of 'suck so bad'? I don't see them winning 73 either, but a dangerous team in the playoffs? Yeah most definitely.

CP3
    Wade
    Lebron
    Melo
    Whiteside

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Please don't let it be the knicks. I would be pissed!
    As oppose to the current state...

NBA Legend

No. The team needs to be Bron, Durant and Dwight, and I want them on the Celtics. Get it done, Ainge.

But ofc watch the league block it to protect their little "GSW dynasty" smdh

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Why? All they would really need would be a center, someone that can rebound, block shots and do some of the dirty work. Maybe one of them could come off the bench to lead the 2nd team (Wade or Melo, whoever's ego can handle that). What's your definition of 'suck so bad'? I don't see them winning 73 either, but a dangerous team in the playoffs? Yeah most definitely.
    I don't know mate. But with 4 all stars on the team, the sharing of the shots is going to be a big issue. All these players are taking loads of shots for their entire career, with their points in the 20s. Someone's game got to take a massive hit. who want to be that guy doing the dirty work, he knows for sure he isn't touching the ball on offense.

Then you got payroll issues. How are you going to pay for these guys and go on to build a team which is deep enough to challenge guys from the western conference. Your team is going to end up being a bunch of no bodies or aging names, if these 4 players are not already into their 30s themselves start of next season.

I do not mean suck in a huge extent, but they are going to fall below expectations for sure

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Here is what I learned as a Heat fan from the 2010-14 Heat.

The NBA has a lot of control on who is and isn't a superstar. They control the referees, and those refs are told how to officiate players and certain games.... and they influence playoff series.

So, while Bosh, Wade, and James were superstars on their own teams..... they got the benefit of lots of Free Throws and foul calls because that's how the NBA officiates games. The "best player" on each team gets preferential treatment.

But when you tell the NBA to F off and you decide to create your own superteam..... the NBA suddenly starts treating Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as role playing scrubs that don't get much free throw calls anymore. No more "benefit of the doubt" calls. No more star treatment.

So, you can't just take 3 players and put them on the same team and except the refs to treat each one the same as before. Those players are going to struggle to get to the FT line now as compared to before.

The only way Superteams can work, is if they play Elite Defense. You gotta have superstars that are 2-way players.

Melo is a 1 way player. A Superteam would be better off with a scrappy 3&D guy instead of Melo.