Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mychal Thompson on GSW: "I agree with Klay, I think they would beat us"

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Kevin Durant and Westbrook can take them to 7, the showtime Lakers would run them off the floor and pound them inside.
    Kevin Durant is one of the greatest players ever. And that Thunder team is a lot better than the 55 wins it got. They really started clicking at the end of the season.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the Showtime Lakers not lose to the 51 win Rockets?

Default Re: Mychal Thompson on GSW: "I agree with Klay, I think they would beat us"

I'm not really sure why people argue these things, because it really all depends under what rules the teams play. In theory, if a more skilled team plays a less skilled 3 point shooting team from this era, the less skilled team could easily beat the more skilled team just by shooting 3s. And not being able to touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Wasn't really a role player. Maybe on the Lakers.

That's what the **** we are talking about captain obvious

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Kevin Durant and Westbrook can take them to 7, the showtime Lakers would run them off the floor and pound them inside.
    That Thunder team was better than the regular season indicated since it beat a 67 win Spurs team with a 40-1 record at home.

The 87 Lakers would've been interesting tho. Though the game has evolved since then. I do think the 87 Lakers had more talent top to bottom, but the Warriors love the small ball and can stretch you out. It would be interesting to see how can stop Curry, but it'll be hard for them to match up with Magic, Worthy and Kareem. The Warriors have more versatile defenders to toss at the Lakers than the other way around I think. It would be cool to see Michael Cooper on Steph.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Yeah, a lot more imposing than the Celtics or Pistons
    where did I even mention the word imposing ?

Spacing. Thats what matters. Larry Bird, who was the GOAT shooter in showtime's era, takes and makes less 3's than Harrison Barnes. Andre Iguodala, a guy his whole career only weakness being his shot, takes and makes more 3's than Larry Bird.

THAT is how stacked the warriors spacing is. The worst shooters on their team are better than Larry Bird at shooting 3's. Think about that shit, and reflect on how much of an alien GSW would be to them offensively. They would be scratching their heads.

The OKC team that showed up after game 1 of the Spurs series was playing at a legit 65+ win level. The vast majority of their season was underwhelming so they won't be remembered in the long run but that team in the last two rounds is one of the nastiest squads I've ever seen not win it all.