Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    Gingereffic
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Is Kobe the Biggest Choker in Finals History?

My conclusion is that he is in the running. Plenty of guys have played bad in one finals, some guys had even played poorly in two finals but Kobe has been pretty bad in 4 of 5 Finals he has played in. So far his shooting percentages have been 37 percent vs Indiana while Marc Jackson was guarding him. He shot 40 percent vs the Sixers the following year, then had a very good showing vs the Nets and shot around 50 percent. But here comes the ones that really put Kobe in a league all his own. Kobe shot and single handedly gave my Pistons the 2004 title. 37 percent shooting for kobe while Shaq shot around 65 Percent for the series... In 2008 THE Lakers were again in the Finals and Kobe shot a 40 percent.

kidachi

Default Re: Is Kobe the Biggest Choker in Finals History?

be ready to be flamed by the Kobe fanboys.

anyway. here's one.

Dennis Johnson shot like 0-13 in Game7 of the '79 finals.

Banned

i see its that time of the year.. i mean month.. i mean week... i mean day.

Gingereffic

Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    be ready to be flamed.

Wow you remember that game. Credit to you my friend. Though johnson didn't choke in 4 of five finals.. Not a bad answer but not something you can use... Good try though. I watched that game..

Gingereffic

Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    be ready to be flamed by the Kobe fanboys.

anyway. here's one.

Please no flaming just good answers. If someone can come up with a guy who choked in more finals than I will forever stop saying Kobe is the biggest choker in finals' history. Cool.. Now give me a name.. Remember the guy had to have played in a couple of finals to even come close to KOBE...

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    i see its that time of the year.. i mean month.. i mean week... i mean day.

Nick Anderson

Banned

Yeah, as far as stars go, no one has had as many awful performances as Kobe. If it wasn't for Shaq, aka the Big Eraser of KB's ****ty finals showings, kobe has 0 rings. As far as single game, I nominate John Starks game 7 vs Houston.

kidachi

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo
    Nick Anderson
    oh men that was awful.. I read somewhere that it affected his whole career.. in terms of shooting FTs..

Gingereffic

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo
    Nick Anderson

Decent answer and he has to be up their for his missing 4 straight frees... That is just a no no.. But comeon he messed up in one series. Not four...GOOD ANSWER..

Your boy against the Spurs.

Gingereffic

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers13
    Your boy against the Spurs.

Lebron is a choker just like kobe but he has only been in one final and has not played with great teammates. So while he is a choker he can't be close to Kobe who has choked with some of the best players ever by his side. Lebron's best teammate has been Z .

The Holy Trinity

Well, Kobe won two of those four Finals, so I don't think half of that total are even worth discussing. He was pretty bad in the Pistons series, but I would call his play last year "mediocre" rather than bad because that same Celtics defense held LeBron to 35% shooting and forced him into 6 TOs/game.

But, my award for the biggest Finals flop by a superstar player goes once again to LeBron James, chiming in (once again) with 35% shooting and 6 TOs....

Gingereffic

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Well, Kobe won two of those four Finals, so I don't think half of that total are even worh discussing. He was pretty bad in the Pistons series, but I would call his play last year "mediocre" rather than bad because that same Celtics defense held LeBron to 35% shooting and forced him into 6 TOs/game.

But, my award for the biggest Finals flop by a superstar player goes once again to LeBron James, chiming in (once again) with 35% shooting and 6 TOs....

Hmm, Kobe won two finals. I don't remember Kobe ever playing well vs a east opponent in the finals. Well the nets but shessh I would score on them. TRY AGAIN.. Lebron is also in the running but Kobe is just way ahead of him at this time...

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Gingereffic
    Hmm, Kobe won two finals. I don't remember Kobe ever playing well vs a east opponent in the finals. Well the nets but shessh I would score on them. TRY AGAIN.. Lebron is also in the running but Kobe is just way ahead of him at this time...
    True, but it's not a choke if you end up winning. And I would say LeBron's one poor losing Finals were worse than both of Kobe's bad losing ones, so maybe that makes them even then.