Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I just can't fully respect players who don't guard stars at their positions

I really like Curry and he deserves MVP but it's kind of ridiculous to me that a guy like Harden gets clowned on for defense but no one talks about Curry having to be hidden on self-checks constantly.

Default Re: I just can't fully respect players who don't guard stars at their positions

If you a coach tryna win why would you piy Curry on Westbrook when Klay Thompson is your best on ball defender? And when Currys strength is off ball stealing? Plus even still, Curry>>Harden on defense, and I like Harden.

Default Re: I just can't fully respect players who don't guard stars at their positions

konex, who's gonna win this series?

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Harden is a bad defender and a lot of that is from a lack of effort. Curry is an average to good defender because he tries on defense. Like the poster above said, why wouldn't you put your teams best defenders on Westbrook? That's what teammates are for, to help make up for each others weaknesses to form a complete basketball team. And curry does guard the other teams pg, just not on every single possession, they switch up defensive assignments throughout the game. It would be silly to leave curry on the other teams best offensive player it would gas him out.

And what's up with people trashing great teams? No player wins without a great team. The point is to have a better team than the other guy, right?

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Did you watch the game just last night?

Curry was on Westbrook a lot.

Do you think Jordan guarded the opposing team's best player at all times? Or did Pippen sometimes take the assignment?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    White
    2 Questions....Why are you always on my d!ck?, and why do you want me to be white so bad?

Decent playground baller

Curry did a great job on Westbrook last night

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Did you watch the game just last night?

Curry was on Westbrook a lot.
    This is just not true. Klay was the primary defender

Do you think Jordan guarded the opposing team's best player at all times? Or did Pippen sometimes take the assignment?
    Jordan was never hidden on the worst offensive player most games in his prime.

Defense is why I respect CP3. He is never hidden and almost always takes the challenge

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by konex

Defense is why I respect CP3. He is never hidden and almost always takes the challenge
    So you don't respect Curry, but CP3 is the guy you do respect?

I rule the local playground Klay 3D's Avatar

Keyword fully. At least you still respect him somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by konex

So you didn't watch the game.

Jordan, like a lot of superstars, sometimes rested on defense so they could max out their offensive potential.

Leonard, the back to back DPOY, often did NOT guard Durant and instead Green was on him.

So you didn't watch the game.

Jordan, like a lot of superstars, sometimes rested on defense so they could max out their offensive potential.
    Sometimes. Curry hardly ever guards stars. It's so weak

Leonard, the back to back DPOY, often did NOT guard Durant and instead Green was on him.
    Only cos Westbrook was murdering them that series. He took the challenge

MJ never always guarded the opposing team's best player.

Do you fully respect Kobe? He rarely guarded Ray Allen and instead Fisher was relegated to chasing him.

Kobe mostly guarded Rondo and basically played safety.

Decent playground baller

Do you fully respect Kobe? He rarely guarded Ray Allen and instead Fisher was relegated to chasing him.

Kobe mostly guarded Rondo and basically played safety.