Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups MavAlbert's Avatar

Default Re: Marc Cuban Failed

you guys must not remember the mavericks before he bought the team...

NBA Legend

Is Rondo a free agent this offseason?

I wonder if theyd try to just trade him again as soon as they can.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Pre-Rondo this team was looking great. They just brought in the wrong PG. Simple as that.

Cuban is not perfect but his moves I felt made sense IMO.
    Well, except for giving max money to Parsons. I really think they should have used most of the money on Greg Monroe instead.
    They barely gave anybody worthy to acquire Rondo and if he doesn't pan out, they can be ok letting him walk and use the $ on somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Pre-Rondo this team was looking great. They just brought in the wrong PG. Simple as that.
    I just don't understand how he is shooting so poorly from the FT line. 2 years ago he was a 60+% FT shooter and this year he's not even at 30%.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Cuban repeatedly gets shitted on by Morey. When Morey sent him a trade offer asking for Dirk. Like a slap in the face.

Poor boy.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Cuban repeatedly gets shitted on by Morey. When Morey sent him a trade offer asking for Dirk. Like a slap in the face.

Poor boy.
    Gotta admit, Morey has owned him this season.

3-time NBA All-Star

Sometimes there's just too much talent on a team and it's hard for everyone to be happy and utilized correctly. It's funny cause given their current situations, had the Celtics managed to trade for Love, it would've been the perfect situation for Love and Rondo. Shit, if it wasn't for Kobe, it would've made a lot sense for them to go to the Lakers next year together.
    Last edited by guy; 03-11-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    He and Nellie JR have made many poor decisions since taking over the team, but I think he's actually made some really good decisions as of late.

I don't like the Parsons signing, but I see why he did it.

Just hard to win without an elite player like you said. Dirk isn't elite anymore. He's just a pretty damn good NBA player...and that isn't good enough to carry a team in this Western conference right now.
    Defense be damned, this team was so much better with Jameer. It just was. Ellis and Rondo look awful together. I thought that Rondo would be a good move but I desperately wish they just had Jameer back and got Amare and a defensive big off the bench. This is a nightmare. I was excited that they actually had a chance to make some noise early in the year but now there's no shot. Im not wild about Parsons but I'm ok with him but this Rondo experiment is a disaster.

Banned

i don't hate the parsons move. he's not responsible for the mavs letdown.

the truth is that everyone on the team is underperforming at the moment.

since the all star break:

Dirk is averaging 12ppg. either hiding an injury or old age caught up to him quick.
    Ellis is averaging 16ppg on 38% shooting. playing with an injured hip.
    Parsons has only played 3 games.
    Rondo still hasn't been able to play with the proper Mavs team and hasn't been accimilated.
    Tyson's even missed some time.

They should get better for the stretch run.

let's be honest, the mavs were a shit franchise before cuban came along. he's been a net positive for the team. i think part of his problem is that he let his ego get in the way. i don't know why he has this rivalry with morey but i think it has led him to make some questionable moves he would not have made unless he felt it was in part to stick it to daryl

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    he overspend in 2011 and won a ship while beating down the best player in the game.
    and then he broke up a championship team...

he also didnt want to pay nash.

Banned

As a Mavs fan, all you want is to get a 3 or 6 or 7 seed and hopefully to be facing Houston in the first round. Memphis is a good match up as well. Rick will be able to get the team at least 2 wins against anyone and I like the chances against anyone but Golden State.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    As a Mavs fan, all you want is to get a 3 or 6 or 7 seed and hopefully to be facing Houston in the first round. Memphis is a good match up as well. Rick will be able to get the team at least 2 wins against anyone and I like the chances against anyone but Golden State.
    I was going to provide a thorough response but took a look at your rep first. You aren't worthy of my time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

1/2