Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Basketball Genius

Default Re: When did Lebron lose the title as best in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Because LeBron played better than Kobe, hence leading his inferior team to a better record?

What does KG's injury have to do with anything?
    what's your basis on bran having an inferior team if they had a better overall record? i could use the "weak east" argument but back to back 60+ win seasons is not an accident and i think his teams had a winning record against the west.

oh and that was about you saying gasol dominated kg when i believe kg was injured that 09' finals trip.

They played the same team, it's not like the Magic got any better from the ECF to Finals. They played the same team, LeBron averaged 39/8/8 against them while Kobe averaged 30/5/5, against the same team.

LeBron averaged 29/10/7 in the finals in 2012 btw.
    i know what your point is but kobe's stat-line within of itself was historic during the finals. bran's 12' finals stats are his best finals stats out of all of his appearances and it still technically isn't in the sphere of kobe's/jordan's numbers.

I don't think he was the best player in 07, nor am I flipping scripts against anyone. It's because even though he didn't have post season success, he was averaging godly stats.

By 07 do you mean 07-08? Because I think Kobe was the best player in the league that year.
    i mean that 07' post-season specifically due to that performance. for kobe imo his best years were 05', 06', 08', 09', 10'.

Agreed, Durant > LeBron last year.

Yup, its wide open this year. Maybe LeBron turns it around with the Cavs this year as well.
    i wont discount bran this year if he does something spectacular but his early season struggles hurt him as of now. once his schedule evens out a bit and he has to face better teams night in and night out then we'll see how he stacks up vs the durants and davis's.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    what's your basis on bran having an inferior team if they had a better overall record? i could use the "weak east" argument but back to back 60+ win seasons is not an accident and i think his teams had a winning record against the west.
    East was not weak in 09, 10 as it is today. In fact, the East in total, had a winning record against the West in 09. LeBron had a better record despite having an inferior team means LeBron played better than Kobe individually.

Nobody on the Cavs was on the level of Gasol and Odom tbh.

oh and that was about you saying gasol dominated kg when i believe kg was injured that 09' finals trip.
    That I meant in 10, I was comparing their performances against the Celtics in 10 because both Lebron and Kobe played against them in the playoffs.

i know what your point is but kobe's stat-line within of itself was historic during the finals. bran's 12' finals stats are his best finals stats out of all of his appearances and it still technically isn't in the sphere of kobe's/jordan's numbers.
    I would say LeBron's performance in 12 is just as good as Kobe's in 09, but each to their own.

i mean that 07' post-season specifically due to that performance. for kobe imo his best years were 05', 06', 08', 09', 10'.
    East was too weak in 07 for LeBron to be the best player. Using your logic, and accounting for the playoffs, Dwyane Wade should be the best player in 06.

i wont discount bran this year if he does something spectacular but his early season struggles hurt him as of now. once his schedule evens out a bit and he has to face better teams night in and night out then we'll see how he stacks up vs the durants and davis's.
    Your basis of argument for Kobe being the best player in 09, 10 is that he won a ring. Yet you're using statistical dominance as your argument in 05 and 06. When Kobe literally has no argument in 05 due to injury and not even making the playoffs.

My basis of argument for LeBron being the best in 09 and 10 is that he had both regular season success, regular season stats dominance and post season stats dominance. He didn't win the ring, but that was mainly because of he had inferior teammates not stepping up and hit open shots when they need to.

09 and 10, then lost the title in 11. Regained it for 12 and 13. 14 is very close, and so far this year he's not

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    East was not weak in 09, 10 as it is today. In fact, the East in total, had a winning record against the West in 09. LeBron had a better record despite having an inferior team means LeBron played better than Kobe individually.

Nobody on the Cavs was on the level of Gasol and Odom tbh.
    we would have to agree to disagree there. bran had the better overall team even though individually they were all perhaps nothing too special aside from some outlier games here and there.

East was too weak in 07 for LeBron to be the best player. Using your logic, and accounting for the playoffs, Dwyane Wade should be the best player in 06.
    i literally only mentioned that 07' post-season because of his game against the pistons and leading his team to the finals. in 06' i would make that exception for wade but what kobe did that season was just too legendary. when we all think of the 06' season, we think of kobe's godly numbers and wade's finals second.

Your basis of argument for Kobe being the best player in 09, 10 is that he won a ring. Yet you're using statistical dominance as your argument in 05 and 06. When Kobe literally has no argument in 05 due to injury and not even making the playoffs.
    i am making reasonable exceptions. we both know kobe's 06 season was monstrous and to say that he was the best player that year isn't a stretch at all. it would be almost the same as saying wilt was the best player in his 50ppg year despite not winning a title. i might take back 05' because i believe i got it mixed up with his 03'-04' season in my mind.

My basis of argument for LeBron being the best in 09 and 10 is that he had both regular season success, regular season stats dominance and post season stats dominance. He didn't win the ring, but that was mainly because of he had inferior teammates not stepping up and hit open shots when they need to.
    this argument would only work if kobe was the type of player to average something like 20/3/4 en route to a championship but what he accomplished was nearly on par with what bran did while putting up historic numbers in the finals against the magic and celtics.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    we would have to agree to disagree there. bran had the better overall team even though individually they were all perhaps nothing too special aside from some outlier games here and there.
    I guess we would, I do believe Gasol/Odom/Bynum (even though he was injured half of the time) > Mo Williams, Z, Varejao

i literally only mentioned that 07' post-season because of his game against the pistons and leading his team to the finals. in 06' i would make that exception for wade but what kobe did that season was just too legendary. when we all think of the 06' season, we think of kobe's godly numbers and wade's finals second.
    Again, Wade carried Heat in 06 as well. Using your post season arguments, Wade should've been the best player. FYI, I do think Kobe was the best player in 06 due to regular season dominance. Which is why I argue LeBron > Kobe in 09 and 10 because of regular season dominance.

i am making reasonable exceptions. we both know kobe's 06 season was monstrous and to say that he was the best player that year isn't a stretch at all. it would be almost the same as saying wilt was the best player in his 50ppg year despite not winning a title. i might take back 05' because i believe i got it mixed up with his 03'-04' season in my mind.
    And saying LeBron was the best player n 09 and 10 isn't a stretch at all either. He put up better regular season numbers, and averaged better numbers in the playoffs against teams that both the Cavs and the Lakers played. Again, the only difference is that Kobe's teammates were better.

Kobe had no case in 03-04. If you were thinking of 02-03, he does have a case as well. Although Duncan had a beast of a season as well, and took out Shaq/Kobe in the playoffs.

this argument would only work if kobe was the type of player to average something like 20/3/4 en route to a championship but what he accomplished was nearly on par with what bran did while putting up historic numbers in the finals against the magic and celtics.
    The Magic and the Celtics didn't magically get better in the Finals. Both teams were the exact same team the Cavs played as well. LeBron did better against those teams than Kobe did, and again, the only difference was teammate production.

Pau Gasol took his team to several playoffs before joining the Lakers. Anybody on that Cavs team can carry the Cavs to the playoffs without LeBron?

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Last year was Kevin Durant.

Steph Curry, Anthony Davis are sneaking in the back door.

The Lebron era is over? It went by so quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332

Winning the ESPY for best basketball player > MVP because it takes the playoffs into consideration (Lebron this year, Wade in 2006, Dirk in 2011, etc.....). If you win FMVP and the ESPY you're the real MVP for that season. This is irrefutable.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe

Winning the ESPY for best basketball player > MVP because it takes the playoffs into consideration (Lebron this year, Wade in 2006, Dirk in 2011, etc.....). If you win FMVP and the ESPY you're the real MVP for that season. This is irrefutable.

truth

goddamn LeBron anally raped all the haters

They've either gone ghost or mentally unstable