Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: A LeBron-led team will never win the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Only an idiot would make all kind of assumptions based on nothing I said. I quoted ihatetimthomas who specifically talked about the motivation BS. I addressed it by mentioning more motivation stuff. You ASSUMED all the rest on your own.

And to be exact, I didn't say that I don't think LeBron will never win. I said I don't know. Two different things. Again, reading comprehension fail.
    Except for the part where I've already explained to you how it was all implied by your original post that U quoted, and that my inference logically followed from what you wrote. There was nothing I bought that wasn't already in your post. I don't know how to make it any clearer. If you were trying to understand you'd reread the post where I explained. Since I doubt you are and you're just being defensive, there's no point in arguing I guess. I'll be more than willing to clarify anything you don't understand if you actually read and tried to understand my previous post, but again, I doubt you care enough to. On that note, there's nothing else I can do for you if you won't attempt to read for yourself. I have to wake up early tomorrow anyways, so goodnight.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

No surprise here with Dave3 having comprehension problems. All Phong said was that LeBron has always lacked motivation and the same non-sense has been spilled every off-season about him going to be "hungry" next season or him out to prove everyone wrong.

Dave3 I recommend Hooked on Phonics for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    No surprise here with Dave3 having comprehension problems. All Phong said was that LeBron has always lacked motivation and the same non-sense has been spilled every off-season about him going to be "hungry" next season or him out to prove everyone wrong.

Dave3 I recommend Hooked on Phonics for you.
    What's up with your avatar? Stop pretending on who you are.

You have absolutely nothing to explain when you clearly didn't understand my post. You saying this at the beginning just shows that:
    Your post was about excuses LeBron's fans make for him when he loses every year.
    I didn't even mention excuses for his losses. I mentioned his fans talking about motivation as a determining factor for the following year. The rest of your post is just a ridiculous strawman.
    You're saying he's never going to have the motivation. Isn't motivation required for winning? Therefore if you don't believe he's never going to have the motivation, then you believe he's also never going to win as the team leader.
    When did I say he will never have the motivation? I didn't. You just put words in my mouth and then run along with more of your moronic logic. [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]"you said this[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"](which I didn't)[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]so it means that and that too..."[/COLOR] And you say stupidity is your pet peeve?

Talking to you is just painful as everything has to be explained word for word and you still don't get it. Maybe some drawings would help you.
    Last edited by Phong; 09-20-2011 at 02:26 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Notice how you just clarified way more than you did in your initial post? That's because everything you just said now wasn't in the initial post, and so my interpretation was valid. And I know it's over, I explained to you why you're wrong lol. You now understand (I hope), and you've clearly stated that you don't think LeBron will never win. That was the real question I was asking.
    just admit that youre an idiot bro

You have absolutely nothing to explain when you clearly didn't understand my post. You saying this at the beginning just shows that:

I didn't even mention excuses for his losses.
    Except that the excuses are about the motivation, which would be a preceding factor to winning, so when you imply he'll never be motivated, you're also ultimately saying he'll never win.

When did I say he will never have the motivation? I didn't. You just put words in my mouth and then run along with more of your moronic logic. [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]"you said this[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"](which I didn't)[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]so it means that and that too..."[/COLOR] And you say stupidity is your pet peeve?
    You did clearly imply that you think he won't ever have the motivation though. What the hell does "his fans never learn" mean then? There are two possibilities you meant by that. Either they won't learn because
    a) his motivation will never be strong enough to win (in which case he doesn't win)
    b) his motivation isn't a related factor to winning (in which case you're implying he won't win regardless of motivation)

Both of those possibilities imply that he won't be winning, and because his fans eventually expect him to, they haven't learned from the past.

Clear enough?

Except that the excuses are about the motivation, which would be a preceding factor to winning, so when you imply he'll never be motivated, you're also ultimately saying he'll never win.

You did clearly imply that you think he won't ever have the motivation though. What the hell does "his fans never learn" mean then? There are two possibilities you meant by that. Either they won't learn because
    a) his motivation will never be strong enough to win (in which case he doesn't win)
    b) his motivation isn't a related factor to winning (in which case you're implying he won't win regardless of motivation)

Both of those possibilities imply that he won't be winning, and because his fans eventually expect him to, they haven't learned from the past.

Clear enough?
    The only thing clear is that you are trying too hard to twist what I said to fit what you assumed.

His fans never learn that talking about motivation is irrelevant because he didn't lose because of it. He lost because he played bad. Period.

You're so dense.
    Last edited by Phong; 09-20-2011 at 04:51 PM.

The only thing clear is that you are trying too hard to twist what I said to fit what you assumed.

His fans never learn that talking about motivation is irrelevant because he didn't lose because of it. He lost because he played bad. Period.

You're so dense.
    Except it's not twisting when it's right there. If I say

"LeBron fans keep thinking he's going to win, and he hasn't won in the past. His fans never learn"

Does that mean
    a) I think he's going to win a championship
    or b) I don't think he's going to win a championship

You're right, that's such a far reach...

And I agree that motivation had nothing to do with it. Actually, no one has even said anything about motivation being a factor this year. Everyone has said he's played like crap (including myself) except for Pauk, and he should be ignored as much as Alphwolf.

Except it's not twisting when it's right there. If I say

"LeBron fans keep thinking he's going to win, and he hasn't won in the past. His fans never learn"
    There's absolutely no point talking to you. You just come up with some example that has nothing to do with what I said and roll with it to make your point. If your premise is wrong your entire argument is going to be wrong as well. Funny how you decided to omit "motivation" completely from your little example when it was the basis of my post.

Since yesterday the only thing you've done is reaching for straws because you misunderstood my point. The discussion is done..

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Phong, next time just post "LeBron James" and nothing more

I'm sure Dave3 will overanalyze it again and say that you are calling him a scrub that could never win a championship.

OP bodybagged

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

OP bodybagged
    holy f*ck at that phong kid. lebron zipped him up and tossed him in a ditch

The guy said as the SOLE LEADER without Wade... So I don't see where it's wrong. He was the best player on the team, definitely, but I see them as co-pilots in terms of leadership rather than 1 being the leader and the other being a follower.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    The guy said as the SOLE LEADER without Wade... So I don't see where it's wrong. He was the best player on the team, definitely, but I see them as co-pilots in terms of leadership rather than 1 being the leader and the other being a follower.

What the.. another similar thread?