Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: Thiannis lack of development is why the DLeague staff was let go

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Yeah they own the club. Problem is D-LEAGUE has a NBA-like schedule. You have more games/travel than allows for extensive practices. So DL guys spend more time learning pro concepts than getting in consistent skill work. Part of the reason I dislike being a Triangle team, besides cutting short Porzingis potential, is that it limits how effectively the team can hunt for DL talent.
    They still have to plug in development somewhere, really cant use the schedule as an excuse. Agree with you on the triangle 100%.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    They still have to plug in development somewhere, really cant use the schedule as an excuse. Agree with you on the triangle 100%.
    The D-League is about developing guys into the role they will play at the NBA level. That's why the idea that Thanasis is why they dumper the staff is so crazy. His feel for the game is so poor that finding a role for him at the NBA level is tough.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    The D-League is about developing guys into the role they will play at the NBA level. That's why the idea that Thanasis is why they dumper the staff is so crazy. His feel for the game is so poor that finding a role for him at the NBA level is tough.
    Understood, and I agree to an extent. This is though is they feel that Thanasis didnt develop because of them. I dont find that to be out of line either.