Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    High School Varsity 6th Man MastaKilla's Avatar

Default Re: 1998 All Star Game

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    35 y/o past his prime Mike...scoring on another all-star like he ain't even there shouldn't be praised?

if you really take comfort in Jordan scoring on a HS kid then

just shows the greatness of Kobe even him as a 19 year old guarding the league MVP can be used against him

It's funny how the "ultimate alpha" Jordan would just sit back and let his team get lit up for 42 points by Kobe in two quarters..why not step up and take the challenge to guard him yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKilla
    if you really take comfort in Jordan scoring on a HS kid then

just shows the greatness of Kobe even him as a 19 year old guarding the league MVP can be used against him
    That was a second year, all-star verz of Kobe, right? You apostles worship Bean by posting gifs of him scoring a couple points on Mike, but when the shoe is on the other foot, its "b-butt highschool kobe doe".

I dont got time to play ring around the rosie with you clowns..

That was a second year, all-star verz of Kobe, right? You apostles worship Bean by posting gifs of him scoring a couple points on Mike, but when the shoe is on the other foot, its "b-butt highschool kobe doe".

nobody askin you to "play" you brought yourself into this conversation and you can see your way out of it fvck boy

Kobe fans never say anything about Kobe being elite in 98, it's pretty well known that he didn't really become elite until 2000.

if im gonna pull up gifs of a player getting scored on, i'm not gonna be pulling up gifs of him gettting scored on as a rookie, when he was guarding the best player in the league as if that actually proves some type of point

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

i left out a Jordan FG on Kobe from the 1998 all-star game - so below are five FG's for Jordan on Kobe from that one game.

Kobe had no scores on Jordan, yet somehow he's ballyhooed because he got a couple open dunks, and showed some teenage swag..

.... this is the one i left out originally

.. Jordan laughing at Kobe after the shot.. too easy

... shaq having to save the young fella... :
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-21-2014 at 10:59 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

^^^^^^^^ 5 field goals of Jordan mono-a-mono on Kobe, none of Kobe on Jordan.

i'm just saying, like, the headlines should have read "Jordan Schools Youngster".

Wow so Jordan dropped 5 FGs on Teenagerbe?

Last edited by G0ATbe; 11-22-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Very good NBA starter

One thing I want to know is what Kobe did 96-98 but choke and throw up airball s.

35 year old MJ literally abused All Star Kobe in ISO situations in 1998.

Meanwhile peak 24 year old Kobe dropped 55 on Stackhouse, and Larry Hughes on a team that featured literally, 40 year old Michael Jordan. And Kobe stans turn this into a pissing contest making the claim it was exclusively on Mike? Um ok. I'll take that L.

End of the day, Kobe's top ten all-time, and the greatest SG since MJ. His little derivative clone. It's not like prime MJ had 60 dropped on him by a guy like Arenas or something.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    http://www.theshadowleague.com/artic...be-bryant-pt-1

In 1998, Kobe would be chosen for the first of 15 NBA All-Star games and would score 18 points, leading the West in scoring. However, it was the Michael Jordan-led Eastern Conference that would emerge victorious by a score of 132-120.

The game brought increased infamy to Bryant, as many pegged him as being selfish and representing all that was wrong with the NBA. He was considered too young, too brash, and an unwilling passer. It was also the year in which Bryant infamously waved off a screen from Karl Malone to take Jordan one-on-one. "When young guys tell me to get out of the way," said Malone after the game, "that's a game I don't need to be in."
    O snap.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Let me get this straight, you think it isn't impressive that a 19 year old sophomore off the bench scored on the league's best player but you think that people should be impressed with the MVP, who averaged 28.7 points a game, scoring on a bench player?

Local High School Star

Kobe was 19 years old, not 18. And while MJ put a solid performance we shall give credit for Kobe doing the most spectacular moves (360 dunk, alley-opp and behind the back for hook shot made). It was an All-Star game and it was all about the show. As it is today, no difference. The All-Star game is very rare competitive. That'w why I do not paid a lot of attention to all-star performances. It is all for the show - it is not for players like Dirk Nowitzki or Tim Dunkan

I was wondering also during the game why Karl benched Kobe in th 4th and it looks realy like as if they are saving it for Jordan to win MVP. What Kobe do was the abovementioned electrifying plays which brought the crowd to its feet.

But as I mentioned already for All-Star game is just for fun. There is no real value for me in winning the MVP award in that game. It is happen sometimes one or two of the stars to be more motivated for some personal reasons, (as Pippen in 1994), but overall there is litteraly no defence and very rare the game is really competive.

Banned

The most nostalgic part of this is remembering that guys actually used to try in the all-star game. It used to be one of the great american sporting events.

I havn't wasted my time watching it in years.

Banned