College superstar

Default We need to make some changes. Here are my trades

First, I know none of this will ever happen, because dinosaurs run the team. They still build the team as if it will compete in the 90's. I'm not sure why. Perhaps because they won 6 titles that way? But the league is different now.

Anyway, my trades would be focused on getting younger, more assets/picks, and to build the roster to play in the current league.

I want to move Taj Gibson so that we can focus on playing Mirotic and Portis. That said, since Gibson is in the last year of his deal, there's no point to move him unless we get pick(s) back.

Gibson to Toronto
    for
    Patterson and two second round picks.

The next trade is partly to get a shooter on our roster, and a player that I can see being quite good in the the near future, but also because I feel back for Jimmy Butler; he deserves better than this dumpster fire of a team.

Butler to Minnesota
    for
    Dunn, Lavine, Muhammad, Pekovic, and a protected pick. Top 14 in 2017, top 8 in 2018, unprotected in 2019. I doubt Minnesota throws in the pick unless we take Pek off their hands.

The last trade is because people already hate the Bulls management. The bridges are already burnt. So what do I care? I'd be open about Wade not fitting our team's future plans. We respect what he's done for the game, and for the city of Chicago, and for our team, but he's not part of our future plans, so we wanted to trade him. We ask Wade where he'd like to go. I remember he said Denver was his second choice, so I'm including Denver for that reason, but otherwise I think Boston is a good place for him.

Wade to Boston
    for
    Zeller, Amir, Jerebko, Boston's unprotected first, and a second.

Wade to Denver*
    for
    Barton, Mike Miller (I was surprised he was still in the league, too), and a lightly protected first -- top 8 in '17, top 3 in '18, unprotected in '19
    *I admit that I have zero clue why Denver would want Wade. But whatever... they clearly chased him in FA, and Wade said they were his second choice, so I added them.

New roster is...
    Dunn/Grant/Valentine
    Lavine/Barton*/Valentine
    Valentine/Muhammad/McDermott/Barton*
    Portis/Mirotic/McDermott
    Lopez/Portis/Felicio

...With 2 or 3 additional second round picks, and two additional first round picks.

No one else needs to play. Will Barton is the only person from either Wade scenario that would see the court. Rondo, MCW, Pek would literally never see a second of the court. I'm not sure on "waive" rules, but since NBA contracts are (foolishly) fully guaranteed, I'd just cut as many people as necessary to meet roster size.
    I believe in the talent and ability of Valentine, so I want him on the court as much as possible to see if he can be part of our future. Dunn and Grant should get some serious burn to see if either can be our PG of the future.

I expect that...
    Dunn
    Lavine
    Valentine
    Portis

can be the 4 players that we build our future around.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: We need to make some changes. Here are my trades

You lost me after saying something about the 90s. This team couldn't compete in the 90s, or the 80s, or the 70s.

It's just a bad fit from any way you want to shake it up. Doesn't matter who you trade for, as long as Fred is your coach, this team is a loser. There is only so much coach Wade can do to hide these shortcomings. There is only so much bowing to Pax's ring everyone else can do. Until that is fixed, nothing matters.

College superstar

By 90's I just meant the utter lack of spacing, and how this team is built to rebound and defend. Seems like Bulls teams for nearly as long as I can remember focused on rebounding and defense to the detriment of shooting and spacing and offense. That sort of approach was more effective in the 90's than it is today. That's all I meant.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Lack of spacing? Sorry, no. You had a variety of teams that played different styles with different spacing schema, it has nothing to do with comparing present to past. How about you give up on the descriptions of prior eras, and focus on whatever moves you want the Bulls to make.

Also, this team isn't built to rebound or defend. We lead the league in offensive rebounding, but when you can't sink baskets, then you just catch your own miss a few times, and poof, statistical advantage without a win.
    This team has poor shot efficiency. It's not a player problem, it's a coaching problem. Your best shooting coach is the head coach, and he's out there focusing on rebounding. Shit shooting coaches, shit shot development with younger players.

College superstar

Well, I said we needed a PG, some shooting, and to open up time for Portis. We did all that... it's just that I'm not happy about how.

PG -- I like Payne, but not as the PG of the future, or even as the starting PG, and certainly not on a team that needs shooting. He projects as a solid backup, IMO. So we went after the right position, but I do not like the player.

Shooting -- Added Morrow, which is great. Not only did we add shooting, but we added it at the proper position. But! We're the Bulls, so naturally we had to give up shooting, too. It's basically a wash, though we gave up the younger shooter, so I guess we lost here. Right facet of the game, but we also gave up some.

Clear space -- The only part of the deal that I like. I love Taj. I think he's one of the better role players in the league. A true professional, on a fabulous contract. I wish he had gone to a true contender, but there's no question he's a great fit on OKC. We did "right" by him, IMO.

Oh, did I mention we gave up a pick? So... we gave up the best player in the deal. Arguably the top two players. And we also gave up the pick.