Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: How underrated is Omer Asik?

if he would come to miami i would fap furiously.
    Asik and Lin for Bosh
    Asik alone would be as valuable or more valuable than bosh.
    his rim protection is elite and his defense on centers is probably the best in the entire NBA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    New Orleans should have given us Ryan Anderson for him.

Two good PF's who can't exist together on one team....... So stupid.

Asik/Davis would have been so great and Anderson/Howard would have been perfect too..... They just would have had to throw in a center too. Or it would have had to be a three team deal.

But still it allowed Jones to start to reach his potential so win-win.
    do you know the guy in your avy puposely stomped on a homeless guy not to long ago??

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    Asik and Lin for Bosh
    his rim protection is elite and his defense on centers is probably the best in the entire NBA
    Miami gets raped, Houston becomes a contender.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Miami gets raped, Houston becomes a contender.
    no they wont.
    Bosh will play an even smaller role in the Rockets system and will nearly only chuck threes.
    Miami gets an elite inside presence with rim protection and Centers cant do shit anymore against them, they wont get outreboundet anymore and they get a good defender( elite team defender), elite fastbreak player, good passer and capable shooter in Lin
    they would roflstomp the league and win 70 games

Asik and Lin for Bosh
    Bosh would probably come back to 20 and 10 seeing as he would not be a third best offensive player anymore and play out of position. He would have more time with the ball in his hands too.

The heat get that defensive and rebounding presence they are lacking but loses in the offensive aspect of the court because Asik is not a mid range shooter and the Heat needs one

Lin is not really a factor.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Asik for Thompson + Mclemore

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

no they wont.
    Bosh will play an even smaller role in the Rockets system and will nearly only chuck threes.
    Miami gets an elite inside presence with rim protection and Centers cant do shit anymore against them, they wont get outreboundet anymore and they get a good defender( elite team defender), elite fastbreak player, good passer and capable shooter in Lin
    they would roflstomp the league and win 70 games
    Why would Bosh get a smaller role? He's gonna be the 2nd option, at worst 3rd option which is the same as ini Miami. I'd rather throw the ball down low to bosh than Howard tbh, and Bosh has the ability to let it fly from the outside.

Lin is actually a non factor, his production will literally be like chalmers on this Heat team, a 3 point shooter. Unless you prefer Lin to handle the ball instead of Bron, he's gonna be a spot up shooter.

Asik makes them better defensively but let's not act like there are a lot of elite big men nowadays. I mean, what is Asik going to do vs the thunder, shut down Perkins? Heat loses so much spacing on offense and that limits Bron, and especially wade's ability to create.

And their contract is gonna kill Miami next year.

And Lin is gonna be a non factor. Chalmers may not be as good, but he does what he does well. Miami does not need Lin.

I'd love Asik on my team (for a reasonable price, of course).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Why would Bosh get a smaller role? He's gonna be the 2nd option, at worst 3rd option which is the same as ini Miami. I'd rather throw the ball down low to bosh than Howard tbh, and Bosh has the ability to let it fly from the outside.

Lin is actually a non factor, his production will literally be like chalmers on this Heat team, a 3 point shooter. Unless you prefer Lin to handle the ball instead of Bron, he's gonna be a spot up shooter.

Asik makes them better defensively but let's not act like there are a lot of elite big men nowadays. I mean, what is Asik going to do vs the thunder, shut down Perkins? Heat loses so much spacing on offense and that limits Bron, and especially wade's ability to create.

And their contract is gonna kill Miami next year.

And Lin is gonna be a non factor. Chalmers may not be as good, but he does what he does well. Miami does not need Lin.
    Lin is the fasted player in the NBA. hes absolutely deadly on fastbreaks, even in houston. imagine him with Bron and Wade.
    even if his impact is minimized hes still and elite team defender( solid man to man), good 3 pt shooter and good to elite passer when he handles the ball. Bron lets Shitmers handle the ball often and do the most stupid shit. Shitmers misses LeBron in the PnR at least ten times per game and that is Lins best aspect of his game.
    hes also good at passing in the post, which chalmers is absolutely terrible at.
    and finally, Lin thrives in an unselfish atmosphere and with good spacing. he would score 15 PPG and 7-8 APG easily.
    Asik alone is nearly worth giving Bosh up. i love Bosh but he just is so absymal at post defense and rebounding the Heat wont always be able to overcome that

He's been good ever since he put on that Rockets uniform..he really protects the paint really well. He seems to be unhappy still but at least he's playing good so his stock is up. Maybe he'll be traded in the offseason since I don't see the Rockets wanting to deal with any chemistry issues next year.