Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: RUMOR: John Calipari Next Lakers Head Coach?!

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    He gets five freshman to the final four and he can't do anything special as a coach?
    This is one of the more retarded things Ive read on here
    1-Its the NCAA tournament. Its a shit show that completely depends on luck. You don't get the best team when you have to win every game to get there.
    2-He's got 3 god damn expected first round draft picks. Five freshman means absolutely jack shit
    3-His god damn offensive "Dribble Drive Motion" Offense is basically built around a drive and kick. Is that supposed to be revolutionary or thoughtful? A god damn kindergartner could run it. If he tried to run it in the NBA it'd be pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    1-Its the NCAA tournament. Its a shit show that completely depends on luck. You don't get the best team when you have to win every game to get there.
    2-He's got 3 god damn expected first round draft picks. Five freshman means absolutely jack shit
    3-His god damn offensive "Dribble Drive Motion" Offense is basically built around a drive and kick. Is that supposed to be revolutionary or thoughtful? A god damn kindergartner could run it. If he tried to run it in the NBA it'd be pathetic.
    Trying to compare a college offense to the NBA? Now that's retarded.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Trying to compare a college offense to the NBA? Now that's retarded.
    College offenses get run in the NBA all the time. Just not retarded shit like "The dribble drive offense"

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    how old are you
    Had to google his name. College ball coach, no wonder I had no idea who he was I don't watch that lame shit.

6-wks ago many in BBN would've walked Cal 2 LA
    what does this mean?

Cal's best attribute as a coach is managing ego's. Sound like anyone we know?

NBA lottery pick

1. I guess he's been lucky four times
    2. Yeah the freshman are good. But nobody is doing it. Look at who bill self was working with and he couldn't get it done. Beating pitinos team and Wisconsin that was filled with upperclassman with freshman is pretty damn impressive.
    3. Yeah obviously you have to keep your offense simple when you're working with a new starting lineup every year. I'm sure if his teams had more stability he would be able to work some more sets in his gameplan. He even said at the beggining of the year he was trying to do to much with his offense and that's why they struggled. But once he simplified it his kids took off.

"Five freshman means absolutely jackshit" lmao get out of this thread, you don't belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    what does this mean?
    Six weeks ago, (when Kentucky was playing horribly, losing to teams like South Carolina and Arkansas) many in Big Blue Nation, (Kentucky fans) would have happily driven Calipari to Los Angeles to be the Lakers coach so that he would leave the school.

It's completely false, people were pissed that they were playing so bad but the man has been the best coach in the nation, (by far) over the past 5 years and he wasn't going to get run out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Six weeks ago, (when Kentucky was playing horribly, losing to teams like South Carolina and Arkansas) many in Big Blue Nation, (Kentucky fans) would have happily driven Calipari to Los Angeles to be the Lakers coach so that he would leave the school.

It's completely false, people were pissed that they were playing so bad but the man has been the best coach in the nation, (by far) over the past 5 years and he wasn't going to get run out of town.

Banned

1. I guess he's been lucky four times
    You actually believe the best team wins in the NCAA tournament?

2. Yeah the freshman are good. But nobody is doing it. Look at who bill self was working with and he couldn't get it done. Beating pitinos team and Wisconsin that was filled with upperclassman with freshman is pretty damn impressive.
    Nobody does it because there aren't a lot of teams with 5 freshman. That's all the guy really does. He brings in a new batch of stars every year. I mean, weren't 4 of the starters on the Anthony Davis team Freshman? At least three on Wall's team too.
    3. Yeah obviously you have to keep your offense simple when you're working with a new starting lineup every year. I'm sure if his teams had more stability he would be able to work some more sets in his gameplan. He even said at the beggining of the year he was trying to do to much with his offense and that's why they struggled. But once he simplified it his kids took off.
    Not sure I agree with that. I will say it'd be tougher to build an offense when he's playing 18 19 year olds every year.

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters
    Follow
    Calipari on latest Lakers rumor "I'm not even going to dignify that stuff." (On @espn)
    11:53 PM - 7 Apr 2014
    Cal after the game.

NBA lottery pick

You actually believe the best team wins in the NCAA tournament?

Nobody does it because there aren't a lot of teams with 5 freshman. That's all the guy really does. He brings in a new batch of stars every year. I mean, weren't 4 of the starters on the Anthony Davis team Freshman? At least three on Wall's team too.

Not sure I agree with that. I will say it'd be tougher to build an offense when he's playing 18 19 year olds every year.
    1. No not at all, but to get to four final fours is impressive. It's past luck at that point.

2. Yeah you're making my point. He's had his teams right there with a bunch of inexperienced freshman albeit very talented. Teams that win usually have lots of upperclassman. Look at both uconn teams, Louisville, duke, Kansas, UNC. All those teams had star juniors or seniors. I don't think you can dismiss the fact that he's basically free throws away from three national titles with freshman led teams. He's doing something right with his teams.

3. Yeah there's no stability, it's tough to build a fluid offense every year working with new talent. He has to build his offense every to accommodate his new recruits. That's not easy but he makes it work.

You talk to trainers in football or basketball and they say they rather work with young kids or mature college kids or pros and that hate working with high school kids and star College freshman because they all think they know it all and don't want to learn or be coached. I think it's amazing how he's able to do it every year with a bunch of pre madonnas.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    pre madonnas.

prima donna= leading lady in Itallian

College coaches make great NBA coaches! Go Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Lol. Have fun. L.A. stay losing and Magic stay winning
    Good shit.