Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Who Would You Build Ur Team Around:Lebron Or Tim Dunacn(In Prime)?

LeBron is one of the most talented players in NBA history. Let's say I am a GM and I have the chance to pick either of the two as rookies (let's say I didn't know how their careers panned out yet), I would pick LeBron 10 times out of 10.

Heck I would've picked him over MJ (which is not a indictment of MJ because he didn't show GOAT potential before the draft). Only time I'd hesitate is if I have to choose either LeBron or Wilt.

LeBron is definitely a better player than Duncan but Timmy has the intangibles and mentality of an ultimate winner and franchise cornerstone. LeBron seems to be lacking that winning mentality and killer instinct but he has the talent to compensate for that weakness. You just can't deny someone with that talent from winning titles.

Default Re: Who Would You Build Ur Team Around:Lebron Or Tim Dunacn(In Prime)?

Tim would be way easier to build around, and in his prime is one of the most silently and dominantly effective two-way bigs ever. If 2003 proves anything, it's that Duncan can put a team on his back and take them the distance with limited help. Lebron for whatever remains in my mind one of the toughest players to build a team around in NBA history. He needs a very specific set of weapons around him to be successful.