Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who Would You Build Ur Team Around:Lebron Or Tim Dunacn(In Prime)?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Stop it, i dont think anybody on this planet would deep down inside feel like actually taking Tim Duncan over Lebron thinking they would have better success, seriously... Lebron is not your typical wing, he is so much more than that... he has Magic's unselfishness, versatility & intangibles offensively (with even more scoring ability) and Pippen's versatility defensively........ he is your front, your back & your wing on BOTH ENDS of the floor.... a more impactful & dominant player......

...and i dont believe that "Yea, but i have a system/roster where Tim Duncan would fit better", thats an excuse... an excuse for your Lebron cynicism...

Lebron would take his team to far more successful heights than Duncan if they had ANY identical roster each season.... i can guarantee you that....

There is only ONE guy in NBA history i would take over Lebron James and that is Michael Jordan... and even then i would have deep 2nd thoughts...

Local High School Star

I think it depends on the other players on my team, if I have a good bigman like Aldriidge i'll take lebron. If I have a good wing like Iguodala i'll take Duncan.

Duncan over anybody not named MJ, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Dream, Wilt, Russell, Barkley.

And Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow

Oh, this that gif you were looking for, Deuce? LOL, I forgot about this one.

Duncan. Easier to build around, better leader and teammate (LeBron didn't ever automatically make those around him better).

I have no problem if you take LeBron though. If LeBron continue to play extremely well and win titles my opinion could change.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Durant

[COLOR="White"]Probably Duncan, always easier to build around a big[/COLOR]

Big market = lbj

small market = duncan

Good High School Starter

LeBron is a beast, the best perimeter player since Michael Jordan, but prime Duncan would be # 1.

Duncan played in 11 playoff series vs. Shaq/Dirk/KG from 1999 to 2008, and was only outscored in three.

Duncan won 4 titles and 3 FMVPs. Nobody would be able to stop him in todays league.

Don't forget 2013 NBA Finals.

37 year old Tim goes for 30/17 in the finals on the road. He left the game with 28 seconds to play. The Spurs had a five point lead , and ahead 3-2 in the series...

Serious playground baller SHABBA's Avatar

Duncan, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by aboss4real24

[COLOR="Magenta"]
    2 very Great Players , 2 very consistent players 2 top 10 players arguably

If U were Starting a team , Who Would U Take? TD Or Lb

i would take LB Just because i like wing players better
    The ball is always in there Hand

Who would u Take?
    [/COLOR]
    I'll always take the big man if things are even remotely close.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Duncan over anyone not named Kobe & MJ.

Banned

the only non troll answer of course is lebron.
    but i would get an allstar SG with an elite 3pter who doesnt need the ball often, a capable passer and defender at the PG position and an elite rim protector who can score inside. PF just has to be solid and able to hit outside shots.
    we have yet to see lebron play with a cast that really fits him.
    he never played with a good passing PG and he NEVEr had an elite rim protector in his 10 years in the NBA. insane if you think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    the only non troll answer of course is lebron.
    but i would get an allstar SG with an elite 3pter who doesnt need the ball often, a capable passer and defender at the PG position and an elite rim protector who can score inside. PF just has to be solid and able to hit outside shots.
    we have yet to see lebron play with a cast that really fits him.
    he never played with a good passing PG and he NEVEr had an elite rim protector in his 10 years in the NBA. insane if you think about it
    How on Earth is that the only non-troll answer?

The simple fact is Duncan won twice as many titles as LeBron is his first eleven years, and he did it with arguably less help. The 2011 Heat shits on any squad prime Duncan got to play with. You put prime Duncan on the 2011, 2012, and 2013 Miami Heat and I'm sure they still win at least two of the three titles. LeBron would never be able to win with Duncan's 2003 supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye Test
    whats the use of a marketable player when he's selling jerseys for another team cause you didnt surround him with the best talent?
    you surround him with talent

You think Timmy is going to win you something without talent around him?

Quote Originally Posted by Eye Test
    whats the use of a marketable player when he's selling jerseys for another team cause you didnt surround him with the best talent?
    That's why you surround him with talent.