Default Kobe: Getting swept by the Spurs was "most important part of [my] career"

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/151230_kobepresser

“I think it was getting swept by the Spurs and I remember having to make a decision because the Spurs were such a fundamentally sound team and we had a reputation of being more flash than substance. I had to look at the Spurs and understand why they were so efficient, why they played winning basketball and then I had to step back and look at my game and figure out how to edit my game so I’d simplify it."
    I felt like at the time I could do so much that I was doing too much, particularly handling the ball. I made a conscious decision to not work on my handle at all and try to dumb down my game to be more efficient so I don’t dribble as much and learn to become more efficient and play winning basketball. I think the Spurs sweeping us that first half is a big turning point for me.
    Glad to see it took a lesson from the Spurs for Kobe to become the man and ballplayer he is today.

Default Re: Kobe: Getting swept by the Spurs was "most important part of [my] career"

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/151230_kobepresser

Glad to see it took a lesson from the Spurs for Kobe to become the man and ballplayer he is today.
    He learned how to beat them too, unlike a certain someone we know

Banned

Default Re: Kobe: Getting swept by the Spurs was "most important part of [my] career"

i disagree

losing to detroit in 2004 is the biggest reason hes in the top 5-10 all time right now

if they win then shaq stays and kobe leaves... or kobe and shaq stay together

then kobes career is derailed and he ends up having to deal with the "kobe cant win without shaq" thing forever or hes forced to try and make the clippers contenders ( and we all know theyre cursed as shit )

losing to detroit was by far the best thing that ever happened to kobe

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate

Well, damn.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Literally beat them in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i disagree

losing to detroit in 2004 is the biggest reason hes in the top 5-10 all time right now

if they win then shaq stays and kobe leaves... or kobe and shaq stay together

then kobes career is derailed and he ends up having to deal with the "kobe cant win without shaq" thing forever or hes forced to try and make the clippers contenders ( and we all know theyre cursed as shit )

losing to detroit was by far the best thing that ever happened to kobe
    Well, you're not Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Fluke win thanks to divine intervention by Jesus. 2007 and 2014 were absolute massacres, 2016 may very well end up being another slaughterhouse if the Spurs can take down the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman