Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default ECF: Cleveland vs. ________

Headed into 2016 most would be surprised if the WCF isn't a GSW vs. SAS slug-fest. Meanwhile in the east, the surprise is for the first time in awhile the conference isn't stacked with mediocre and below average teams.

So who yall got???

Atlanta seems like they are finding their stride and trending up lately(current 6 gm win streak). They have the most wins in the conference and were in the ECF a season ago. Keep in mind they play in a division with no losing/bad teams which makes their current run impressive

Toronto has an impressive resume vs. elite teams this season; beat SAS, LAC, OKC, Cle, Atl while playing GSW as tough as anyone twice. More people would believe in this team if they haven't failed in prior post season series. I feel like they should have won their last 2 postseason series and the last one in particular has left a bad taste even in their fans mouth.

People are eager to believe in Miami. in the games i've seen Wade seems like a good bet down the stretch but i'm concerned about how much weight he's carrying. I hope Winslow/Whiteside can grow as the season progresses to take pressure off Wade.

The Pistons seem well coached and the RJ/Dre pick n roll is quite effective down the stretch of games (keep that in for the playoffs). Their bench leaves a lot to be desired but if they can pick up a piece or two at the deadline can propel them above

The Celtics are another team that is well coached. The advance stats seems to love this team (Highest margin in wins last time i looked about a week ago and 3rd in overall point differential) but they lack that one star that could put them over the top.

Can't forget about teams like the Pacers, Bulls or the younger teams like Magic and Hornets

Before anyone mentions it doesn't matter who gets the right to lose to Bron please remember the Cavs aren't as invincible as the Heatles era bron teams. If one of the younger teams get the chance it could set them up for years to come in the East. While similar things were said about the Bulls and Pacers Bron being a few years older should be kept in mind.

Default Re: ECF: Cleveland vs. ________

Damn nigguh you left out the most promising one... Chicago Bulls

I don't trust the Heat.. it really depends on the seeding, but the 2 next best teams are Bulls/Hawks, outside shot Raptors.

Could honestly see everyone out of Heat,Hawks,Pacers and Wizards (they will get better)

The Bulls are hot garbage

High School Starter

not sure why people are acting like the East is really any different this year. All the superstars play in the West and who has a better batch of sidekicks than Lebron has with Love and Kyrie out east?

Cavs will likely have the 2 to 3 best players on the court for every series they play in the east (I'll take a healthy Kyrie over Wade or Bosh, even PG on some days) They might actually have to face a team with more than 40 wins in the first round though

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I don't trust the Heat.. it really depends on the seeding, but the 2 next best teams are Bulls/Hawks, outside shot Raptors.
    yea the match ups are going to be interesting and will be a huge factor given how the majority of these teams lack an extensive playoff track record.

I feel there is too many questions surrounding the Bulls. How Rose holds up plus the new coaching regime but they are definitely in the mix. They also have a leg up in terms of playoff experience and were up 2-1 vs. the Cavs last season.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldLion
    not sure why people are acting like the East is really any different this year. All the superstars play in the West and who has a better batch of sidekicks than Lebron has with Love and Kyrie out east?

Cavs will likely have the 2 to 3 best players on the court for every series they play in the east (I'll take a healthy Kyrie over Wade or Bosh, even PG on some days) They might actually have to face a team with more than 40 wins in the first round though
    This.

Outside of a potential series with Indy, Cleveland is going to have the two best players in the other potential match-ups.

They should have no problem getting to the Finals......still going to get bent over by Golden State though.

Heat.

Banned

Wade is a perennial choker therefore I don't trust the Heat

Probably Hawks/Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Wade is a perennial choker therefore I don't trust the Heat

Probably Hawks/Wizards
    How ?

Probably Pacers or Raptors .

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Could honestly see everyone out of Heat,Hawks,Pacers and Wizards (they will get better)

The Bulls are hot garbage
    they've already look a lot better and have adjusted to the changes they've implemented but their bigs rotation needs a lot of help. Wouldn't count them out if they get healthy though

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Bitch we talkin ecf, not finals. Op clearly stated Cleveland will definitely be in the ecf since they are clearly the best. There's not even a debate in this thread to warrant this comment.

Anyways, I can't say for certain anyone one team so ima go with heat, Bulls, or Hawks with bulls having the best chance.

Well because the East is different this year. There might not be a lot of teams on Cle level but there is a solid bunch of good teams. The East hasnt seen this amount of top 10 teams in quite a bit but it also different in that anybody can make the jump up to 2nd in the East this year.

Edit: responding to the bold. The Celtics might have only won 40 games last year but they did have the best or 2nd best record in the East last year. The Celtics were probably better than lower seeded west teams last year like NO/Dal
    Last edited by MMM; 12-28-2015 at 03:25 PM.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said
    Bitch we talkin ecf, not finals. Op clearly stated Cleveland will definitely be in the ecf since they are clearly the best. There's not even a debate in this thread to warrant this comment.

Anyways, I can't say for certain anyone one team so ima go with heat, Bulls, or Hawks with bulls having the best chance.
    you must not be very smart. There is no difference in the grand scheme of things between the east this year and the year last year. Whoever faces CLE in the ECF won't matter, they won't be able to match up with a healthy Cavs team.

The best team outside of the Cavs last year got their ass tore up by Iso ball from Lebron and JR. Which just goes to show how important superstars are in the playoffs. Who out east is honestly going to challenge a healthy trio of Kyrie Lebron and Love? Nobody can match up with them.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

you must not be very smart. There is no difference in the grand scheme of things between the east this year and the year last year. Whoever faces CLE in the ECF won't matter, they won't be able to match up with a healthy Cavs team.

The best team outside of the Cavs last year got their ass tore up by Iso ball from Lebron and JR. Which just goes to show how important superstars are in the playoffs. Who out east is honestly going to challenge a healthy trio of Kyrie Lebron and Love? Nobody can match up with them.
    This is not a discussion about who will make the finals. This is a discussion of which other team will make the ecf. You contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion.