Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: No American has gone #1 in the draft since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    His mom is Dominican and his dad is American

He was born and raised in America, so hes American

This is like saying African Americans arent american
    Use actual facts idiot.

He's a Dominican with American nationality. Not "he's an American".

The level of basic world knowledge in this forum is truly scary.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    You just went full retard.

Technically the league is full of Africans because that where humanity originated
    Except you just went more full retard. Because genetic codes show only SOME people originate from Africa.

The claim that everyone does is just something that comes from school books and the media.

Genetic codes say some people originate from Africa and others originate from Europe.

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

He's American.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Nationality - where you come from
    Race - genetic make up

Karl is Black (father) & Dominican (mother). He was born & raised in the US so he is American. The only reason he was able to play for the Dominican national team was because of his mother's heritage. Just because you play for a national team doesnt mean thats their nationality. For example, Serge Ibaka plays for Spain because he became a naturalized citizen but he is from the Congo.
    What the hell is this bullshit?

It's like this forum is full of Rush Limbaugh listeners.

That is what you THINK in your delusional fairy tail make believe world.

In the actual world, he's a Dominican with American nationality, or what is called a "Dominican American".

Freaking idiot.

This is good....................FINALLY the racist have attacked a black player that is not European and not Greek.

Since Jeff evidently thinks it is OK to make racist comments against white players, or Greeks or Europeans......maybe THIS will finally be enough to convince him that the forum is indeed full of racists and these kinds of threads and comments need to be stopped here.

Unbelievable the people denying that he is Dominican, which PROVES all the people that deny X, Y, Z player is Greek ARE being RACIST when they do it and not just "trolling".

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    How do some of you on ISH manage to get your hands on a computer?? Dumbasses.

He can say he's Dominican all he wants, because that's his heritage. But he's American by birth.
    Which makes you a racist. Because you don't become "American" by being born. That's a concept that ONLY xenophobes and racists believe in.

And no, it's not something inherited in law. Nationality of one country does not revert nationality of another country. Idiot. Especially when US contains a little something called "dual citizenship law".

Unless you think for example, say a Chinese person, is no longer such, and is simply "American" upon birth in say Texas.

You are a serious moron.

Let's hop over the border and have a baby......"American".

Piss off.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-01-2015 at 12:30 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Use actual facts idiot.

Who cares? All the ball he played growing up was in nj.. he didn't grow up playing basketball in the Dominican republic.. he's an American bred player

rank sentamentalist

i hope somebody has already mentioned that two canadians have...

Local High School Star

Use actual facts idiot.

You're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Who cares? All the ball he played growing up was in nj.. he didn't grow up playing basketball in the Dominican republic.. he's an American bred player
    That's not the same thing as "an American". How the hell hard is it for people to not be racist and xenophobic?

This forum has so many xenophobic nationalistic racists that it is absolutely sickening.

You could just say he's a Dominican American that grew up in USA that learned basketball in USA....that he considers himself more Dominican, he plays for Dominican national team.

What the hell would be the problem?

But no................................................

Can't have actual facts and truth.

Have to start talking like Fox "News" and right wing talk radio gone wild.

I mean hell, if you want to get this damn argumentative and shit about grew up where and all this crap....I could claim Wiggins as Greek.

Since he spent something like 5 years in Greece.

And don't make me show the ESPN video where Kobe himself told ESPN that he considers himself ITALIAN because that's where he grew up and that when he came to the USA that he could barely even speak English.

No, no, no how about if we start a thread about that one, complete with Kobe's video interview about it from ESPN? How do you think that will go over here?

The racist nationalist xenophobic bullshit in this forum is absolutely freaking ridiculous. The forum is full of a bunch of damn ignorant rednecks.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-01-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

Euroleague is going all-out today.

I rep Lakers!

What the hell is this bullshit?

It's like this forum is full of Rush Limbaugh listeners.

That is what you THINK in your delusional fairy tail make believe world.

In the actual world, he's a Dominican with American nationality, or what is called a "Dominican American".

Freaking idiot.
    If you actually pick up a book and read it, you would not be confused.

Its obvious you dont know what your talking about because you are from Europe and over there its different. But in America if you were are born & raised here, you are American. Its not just an opinion its our law.

"Generally speaking, a person can become a U.S. citizen in one of four ways. First, by being born in the United States or one of its territories. Second, if you were born to parents who are U.S. citizens, then you may be a U.S. citizen yourself. This process is called "acquisition" of citizenship. Third, you can be a citizen through the naturalization process, which generally involves applying for, and passing, a citizenship test. Lastly, you may be a citizen if one or both of your parents have been naturalized. This is called "derivation" of citizenship. - See more at: http://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/u-s-citizenship-through-parents-or-by-birth.html#sthash.M3vczHqC.dpuf"

So Karl who was born in the US to an American father, who has never been in the Dominican Republic before joining the team, and who was raised here is whole life... Is an American.

Yes, his mother is Dominican and I'm not even sure if she is also an American. So Racially he is part Dominican and who knows what else from his Father's side.

I don't know whats so hard to understand. He is American with parents who are Black and Dominican. Before Karl even played for the Dominican Republic team he never step foot in the country, so how can his Nationality be Dominican?

You are confusing Nationality & Race. They are not the same.

NBA lottery pick

I'm pretty sure if TeamUSA wanted him he'd play for USA.

Same situation for me. My parents are Dominican, But i was born and raised here.. I'm American.

I rep Lakers!

That's not the same thing as "an American". How the hell hard is it for people to not be racist and xenophobic?

This forum has so many xenophobic nationalistic racists that it is absolutely sickening.

You could just say he's a Dominican American that grew up in USA that learned basketball in USA....that he considers himself more Dominican, he plays for Dominican national team.

What the hell would be the problem?

But no................................................

Can't have actual facts and truth.

Have to start talking like Fox "News" and right wing talk radio gone wild.

I mean hell, if you want to get this damn argumentative and shit about grew up where and all this crap....I could claim Wiggins as Greek.

Since he spent something like 5 years in Greece.

And don't make me show the ESPN video where Kobe himself told ESPN that he considers himself ITALIAN because that's where he grew up and that when he came to the USA that he could barely even speak English.

No, no, no how about if we start a thread about that one, complete with Kobe's video interview about it from ESPN? How do you think that will go over here?

The racist nationalist xenophobic bullshit in this forum is absolutely freaking ridiculous. The forum is full of a bunch of damn ignorant rednecks.
    You're an idiot some people actually find the terms Dominican American, African American, Asian American offensive because we actually have identify that our ancestors immigrated/were brought here at some point. While there are no such terms for European American, Irish American, German American, etc... they are simply Americans.

As, for Kobe born in Philly to African American parents. He is also American who identifies with Italian culture because he spent some of his life there.

Stop talking about America like you know something.

Except you just went more full retard. Because genetic codes show only SOME people originate from Africa.

The claim that everyone does is just something that comes from school books and the media.

Genetic codes say some people originate from Africa and others originate from Europe.
    no, it says that some of our genetic code came from a Genus-Homo ancestor that originated in Europe. Most likely neanderthal. Every person today has African Homo-Sapien ancestry. Not everyone has neanderthal ancestry as well.