Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Trey Burke - Bust or Stud??

Imo, he'll be a stud. Best player to come out of the draft this year. Bookmark this and bump it next year. By then, Trey will have a ROY under his belt and have averaged 15 and 8 Next Ty Lawson. What do you think??
    Last edited by Shade8780; 04-30-2013 at 04:36 PM.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Trey Burke - Bust or Stud??

I'm a huge Michigan fan but strangely, I wasn't a huge Trey Burke fan. I would be thrilled to see him succeed in the NBA, but I worry about his shot selection, shooting ability, size, and decision making. It was kind of crazy watching him win so many awards because I never had a super "Wooden Award" feel about him, compared to say, a Chris Webber type.

I hope this is all a matter of me being so biased that I'm going out of my way to be unbiased and thus showing my true bias. I'd love to watch him make it big in the league.

Also, with Tim Hardaway Jr. leaving early, I pray he at least sneaks into the first round so he can find a guaranteed deal somewhere and not have to go the Manny Harris route.

NBA Superstar

Separately, if Burke's drafted as high as it seems to be suggested he will, this will be the first time in a while that I recall a Michigan man being such a prominent NBA prospect. Even Jamal Crawford didn't really feel Michigan-like since he only played half of one season. I feel like Tractor Traylor and Maurice Taylor were the last fellows to leave Michigan with such high NBA hopes.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Stud.

Hopefully my pelicans get him... we are in need of a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    Stud.

Hopefully my pelicans get him... we are in need of a PG.
    Austin Rivers will be the next Kobe Bryant

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He will shoot sub 40% in his rookie season

Banned

Wierd draft. None of the top prospects look like locks. I think this will be a hind sight Draft lots of promising guys after the lottery or late in it that will thrive

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    He will shoot sub 40% in his rookie season
    So did Kobe, LeBron, and Melo.

Whats your point?

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Austin Rivers will be the next Kobe Bryant

Rivers actually looked good before his injury. He struggled early because he was a boy amongst men.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    Rivers actually looked good before his injury. He struggled early because he was a boy amongst men.

I think Rivers wanted to become an all-star right out of the gate and played selfishly and that is why he had one of the worst rookie seasons in history.

i think he will be a solid starting guard. Not sure if he will ever be an allstar, but he definitely is not going to be a bust. Well, as long as they don't take him first anyways.

Despite the ISHOMETER, there actually is quite a bit of room between bust and stud.

Burke looks like a nice pro. I like that he improved in every offensive category from his freshman to sophomore seasons. He's pretty physical for a 6 footer and seems to have a good sense of the game.

I don't like that Michigan relied on him so heavily that he often took bad shots. Hoping that, out of that system, he'll make better choices. His jumper is kinda ugly.

I think he'll have a steady pro career, possibly borderline All Star depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong

I think Rivers wanted to become an all-star right out of the gate and played selfishly and that is why he had one of the worst rookie seasons in history.
    Was Austin pulling up for 3's left and right? Was he driving it to the D every chance he could? No he was playing his role but he didn't play it well. He needs to get stronger he looked like a teenager out there which is exactly what he is

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Also, with Tim Hardaway Jr. leaving early, I pray he at least sneaks into the first round so he can find a guaranteed deal somewhere and not have to go the Manny Harris route.
    the manny harris route evidently ends up in ukraine

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i think he will be fine burke isnt afraid to take the shot . clutch kid ... i think he will be fine because he might be like a ty lawson kinda guy main man on his team but a borderline all star...

he needs to be in a team that has a dominant big man... so all he needs to do is facilitate and catch and shoot..

he could be a ty lawson or another jameer nelson...