Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Django Unchained: Big Dissapointment.

Saw the movie the other day.

A few thoughts:

- Waltz shouldn't wear a beard. His "I have something up my sleeve" face is one of his best feature. That's one of the reason why he was so good as Hans Landa.

- Jamie Foxx...completely bad acting choice. Will Smith would be bad too. Both are too handsome, too serious. Can't root for them. Mos Def would be a more of a comedic choice that people would love.

- Sam Jackson as..... Uncle Ruckus? Awesome!

- Leo steal the show. Still, I'd have like to see Jack Nicholson in this role very much.

- Movie's too long, should have ended very soon after Leo was shot.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Saw the movie the other day.

A few thoughts:

- Waltz shouldn't wear a beard. His "I have something up my sleeve" face is one of his best feature. That's one of the reason why he was so good as Hans Landa.

- Jamie Foxx...completely bad acting choice. Will Smith would be bad too. Both are too handsome, too serious. Can't root for them. Mos Def would be a more of a comedic choice that people would love.

- Sam Jackson as..... Uncle Ruckus? Awesome!

- Leo steal the show. Still, I'd have like to see Jack Nicholson in this role very much.

- Movie's too long, should have ended very soon after Leo was shot.
    It's more due to the rest of the supporting cast, IMO. Leo, Waltz, and Jackson were all terrific.

i'm about an hour 45 into the movie and gotta say I'm bored

my friend told me it's only good for the first 2/3 of the movie and so far I'm unimpressed

I'll finish this junk on a rainy uneventful day and get it over with

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    i'm about an hour 45 into the movie and gotta say I'm bored

my friend told me it's only good for the first 2/3 of the movie and so far I'm unimpressed

I'll finish this junk on a rainy uneventful day and get it over with
    I was PUMPED for this movie. I was bored out of my mind same as you and didn't even finish it which is rare for me. I've watched some of the shittiest TV shows and movies out there start to finish. I watch a ton of movies but I'm not one of those people who critique things to death or a movie snob so I was really surprised with how much I disliked it, I can generally enjoy something for what it is and don't expect Oscar quality or whatever with everything.

The Master too. I was excited for this year's crop but was let down in a massive way, great acting and well done movies but found them both extremely boring. I imagine I hated them more than I would have because of how much I was looking forward to them tho.