Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Penny dropped: fundamentalism in religion is the problem, not the groups.

2 Iranian friends, two guys who have Muslim families and there is no way I could see either of them turning extreme or want sharia law here in australia.

Fundamentalism in ALL religions is the threat to our world. I am no different in showing my extreme intolerance and grouping all Muslims as the problem. How wrong was I.

Progressive, tolerant and free thinking Muslims is how id describe my two friends. They got away from Iran to escape the fundamentalist thinking, if we can encourage more to be brave and innovative like these two, then the world will see things a lot differently.

I think Islam has a progressive issue ATM. Many Muslims want to be tolerant, peaceful and worldly, but the fundamentalist ones are giving these pioneers a bad wrap.

I think those who want sharia law are the non progressives. Well that's how I see it.

Apologise to those Muslims who I have grouped in with the fundamentalists. Centuries ago it was Christians who had nutjob fundamentalists killing and mistreating other cultures so that tells me that all religions have this issue.

Let's help people who follow Islam to learn to trust and appreciate western society. Right now we are only pushing extremists to grow and anti-western sentiment to fester worldwide.

I apologise. My lack of understanding has thrown me 360 degrees

Default Re: Penny dropped: fundamentalism in religion is the problem, not the groups.

Poido coming to the light. Love you bro.

Banned

Default Re: Penny dropped: fundamentalism in religion is the problem, not the groups.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    2 Iranian friends, two guys who have Muslim families and there is no way I could see either of them turning extreme or want sharia law here in australia.

Fundamentalism in ALL religions is the threat to our world. I am no different in showing my extreme intolerance and grouping all Muslims as the problem. How wrong was I.

Progressive, tolerant and free thinking Muslims is how id describe my two friends. They got away from Iran to escape the fundamentalist thinking, if we can encourage more to be brave and innovative like these two, then the world will see things a lot differently.

I think Islam has a progressive issue ATM. Many Muslims want to be tolerant, peaceful and worldly, but the fundamentalist ones are giving these pioneers a bad wrap.

I think those who want sharia law are the non progressives. Well that's how I see it.

Apologise to those Muslims who I have grouped in with the fundamentalists. Centuries ago it was Christians who had nutjob fundamentalists killing and mistreating other cultures so that tells me that all religions have this issue.

Let's help people who follow Islam to learn to trust and appreciate western society. Right now we are only pushing extremists to grow and anti-western sentiment to fester worldwide.

You mean Persians?

I have a good friend who is Persian and he says F Islam though. They are really cool people and they are what every Middle East Asia countries should be.

wew lad

Banned

My respect for Poido has increased
    Last edited by outbreak; 07-29-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    You mean Persians?

I have a good friend who is Persian and he says F Islam though. They are really cool people and they are what every Middle East Asia countries should be.

I know they are both from Iran, but not sure on the Persian thing. They are really cool guys, one take roids and he's a security guard, just finished his degree. The other plays basketball with me for 7 years in a comp, his dad comes down to watch and he's super freindly.

I have heard Iranians can be more progressive? But that's not to say other Islamic countries can't become that way with time.

Obvious is obvious. Most people that grow up in segregated societies don't understand how silly generalizations can be.

But we need to go deeper. Fvck all fake religions.

r u a christian poido

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    r u a christian poido

Yes.

Which makes me a nutjob extremist for my narrow minded thinking. I'm thinking just like these nutjobs who go in and blow up planes, join ISIS etc.

Intolerance is not what my religion teaches. I don't stand for extremist thinking in all forms of religion. I couldn't see that I was exactly the same.

Much respect bro There are extremists ruining it for everyone else. You don't think we cringe every time we hear about an idiot trying to blow something up or killing some innocent people? It's like walking on eggshells knowing everyday there are sheep being brainwashed into believing the lunacy. There is no point in blaming an entire religion, and I am happy you have seen the light.

I know they are both from Iran, but not sure on the Persian thing. They are really cool guys, one take roids and he's a security guard, just finished his degree. The other plays basketball with me for 7 years in a comp, his dad comes down to watch and he's super freindly.

I have heard Iranians can be more progressive? But that's not to say other Islamic countries can't become that way with time.
    Yah the islamic world was a lot more progressive before coups of leaders that disagreed with the US.

The CIA funds Iran

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Much respect bro There are extremists ruining it for everyone else. You don't think we cringe every time we hear about an idiot trying to blow something up or killing some innocent people? It's like walking on eggshells knowing everyday there are sheep being brainwashed into believing the lunacy. There is no point in blaming an entire religion, and I am happy you have seen the light.

I couldn't imagine the awkwardness of the daily news shit, ISIS and then people giving you dirty looks etc.

My partner and I would go have dinner near a beach/park and I was told that many Muslims come to the park at night to escape the daily insults and awkwardness during the day. I think thus really sad.

I noticed this the other night and I went out of my way to make them feel welcome and said hello to their group with a smile.

There are many other Australians like myself who were/are confused. The fundamentalist muslims have such a loud voice and action here that I think they find it hard to not point the finger at all Muslims. If that makes sense?

I hope that my efforts to bring understanding to other "occa" Aussies here can help ease the tension, because the way it's heading is going to be ugly.

We are not helping young Muslims here in australia connect. They cannot get jobs, they are abused verbally, and they are pushed in a corner because they are Muslim and ISIS is causing fear worldwide.

I can do my part. I will try and make some of my extreme friends understand.

If this shit was happening to me in a foreign country, I'd feel some kind of resentment too. And then you have the US bombing and inhabiting holy land and then the bigger picture becomes apparent.
    Last edited by poido123; 07-29-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Banned

This is very true. Persians all tend to be seccos in Sydney, and are huge gas heads. Don't act like the fvckwit whiteboy juicers though "You fvckin wanna go cvnt!"

rank sentamentalist

I'm not too worried about Sikh fundamentalism.