Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Converting from two feet to one foot leaper, anyone here done this?

I jump higher off two feet but I want to be a one foot leaper instead. I dont give a shit about doing cool dunks (since most of them are off two). I just wanna be able to dunk in games but im only 6'1. I can dunk on 9'10 off two feet but i keep backrimming off one.

Should i just stop jumping off two altogether and just focus on one? Idk how to switch because i feel like two feet is more natural to me.

Default Re: Converting from two feet to one foot leaper, anyone here done this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    I jump higher off two feet but I want to be a one foot leaper instead. I dont give a shit about doing cool dunks (since most of them are off two). I just wanna be able to dunk in games but im only 6'1. I can dunk on 9'10 off two feet but i keep backrimming off one.

Should i just stop jumping off two altogether and just focus on one? Idk how to switch because i feel like two feet is more natural to me.
    Yeah I'm a one foot leaper and what I did to improve my vertical to dunk easier was to do all your jump with one leg. Also jumping with a medicine ball helps a lot with power. Also One leg jumping involves a lot of core strength so do weighted ab work and planks. I hope my advice helps you. I did this stuff and went from dunking regularly to being able to windmill.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    Yeah I'm a one foot leaper and what I did to improve my vertical to dunk easier was to do all your jump with one leg. Also jumping with a medicine ball helps a lot with power. Also One leg jumping involves a lot of core strength so do weighted ab work and planks. I hope my advice helps you. I did this stuff and went from dunking regularly to being able to windmill.
    Awesome how tall are you? I wanna windmill some day too

Also what weight do you use for the medicine ball?

Awesome how tall are you? I wanna windmill some day too

Also what weight do you use for the medicine ball?
    Im 6'0 foot but I was pretty naturally athletic before I got serious in track and athletics. I progress 2 pounds every every 3 weeks. so like 2 to 4 to 6 to 8. I stop at 8 because at that point its strength not explosion.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    Im 6'0 foot but I was pretty naturally athletic before I got serious in track and athletics. I progress 2 pounds every every 3 weeks. so like 2 to 4 to 6 to 8. I stop at 8 because at that point its strength not explosion.
    Thanks bruh. I have a 6 lb medicine ball, gonna try it on 9 feet tomorrow

I somewhat converted from a 1-foot to a 2-feet jumper when I started playing beach v-ball. If you're already doing vert exercises, I think it just comes down to practice. I've always felt weird jumping off two feet, but it got more natural as time went on.

Very good NBA starter

we learned to jump off one foot in like second grade. what coach lets their kids go off two feet in layup lines??? that's like fundamental ABC's of elementary basketball.

Get some of these.

And you jump more off two feet than one in basketball.

Work on two feet.

Just cuz your boyfriend Lavine jumps off one foot, don't change.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    we learned to jump off one foot in like second grade. what coach lets their kids go off two feet in layup lines??? that's like fundamental ABC's of elementary basketball.
    Didnt know 2nd graders could dunk

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Get some of these.

And you jump more off two feet than one in basketball.

Work on two feet.

Just cuz your boyfriend Lavine jumps off one foot, don't change.
    I wanna change to one foot because of Lebron and Westbrook actually

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I somewhat converted from a 1-foot to a 2-feet jumper when I started playing beach v-ball. If you're already doing vert exercises, I think it just comes down to practice. I've always felt weird jumping off two feet, but it got more natural as time went on.
    Yea, think im just gonna stop jumping off two for awhile and see if i adjust. Only thing im worried about is if i cant adjust and I lose my vertical off two

I wanna change to one foot because of Lebron and Westbrook actually
    Westbrook got boaf

Bron Bron don't.

Get dem shoes doe.

Real type.

I worked out with em way back in high school and it was noticeable real quick. dunking easily

They the truth

And stop lying.

You jump off one foot and try to be like my half niggah Lavine
    Last edited by Bless Mathews; 07-27-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Didnt know 2nd graders could dunk
    very basic layup lines and how to do a layup.

from right side of backboard, you go right hand and right knee up.

from left side of backboard, you go left hand and left knee up.

this is very basic stuff.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    very basic layup lines and how to do a layup.

from right side of backboard, you go right hand and right knee up.

from left side of backboard, you go left hand and left knee up.

this is very basic stuff.
    Wtf are you even saying, please gtfo

Dunking is totally different from doing layups

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Westbrook got boaf

Bron Bron don't.

Get dem shoes doe.

Real type.

I worked out with em way back in high school and it was noticeable real quick. dunking easily

They the truth

And stop lying.

You jump off one foot and try to be like my half niggah Lavine
    I woulg get bullied at school if i was caught wearing those

Im not lying, Lebron and Westbrook dunk basic compared to Lavine. I have no chance of dunking like him so I wont even try