Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How mad is Adam Silver right now?

How many of you guys on here are actually basketball fans??? There is a lot of great ball being played yet this site is filled with agenda driven nonsense instead of actually appreciating the great ball being played.

No offense to Knick fans but the league did fine while they were mainly irrelevant for over a decade and i'm sure the league will do fine for the few seasons that the lakers struggle.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Kobe, and LA have been terrible.
    LeBron sans HGH has been unimpressive.
    D. Rose is consistently hurt.
    Knicks still suck.
    The House Maid err The Servant is injured.
    Westbrick is out.

Terrible start to the season thus far, IMO, from an entertainment stand point. If things were to stay on this course the entire year ... I could see the Spurs finally being a repeat champion, and defending their throne for once.

Very pessimistic attitude. The season promises to be great precisely because the NBA landscape appears to be so unpredictable. There is no one dominant team or player who seems like a lock to make the Finals.

hmm lets be real, unpredictable nba appeals more to the hardcore nba fan (ish)... casual fans like it top heavy, and they move more money than hardcores for the sport

Quote Originally Posted by west_tip
    Very pessimistic attitude. The season promises to be great precisely because the NBA landscape appears to be so unpredictable. There is no one dominant team or player who seems like a lock to make the Finals.
    Agreed, this season is completely wide open. Which just means stars and teams will emerge to fill that void.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Grizzlies have best record in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Only way to bounce back now is Love to LA.
    He aint saving that team of scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    How many of you guys on here are actually basketball fans??? There is a lot of great ball being played yet this site is filled with agenda driven nonsense instead of actually appreciating the great ball being played.

No offense to Knick fans but the league did fine while they were mainly irrelevant for over a decade and i'm sure the league will do fine for the few seasons that the lakers struggle.
    I completely agree with this.

There have been some exciting games. A lot of 1980's style scoring going on, young players blossoming, Anthony Davis making the statement that he is one of three or so best players in the game, a completely wide open Western Conference, a fairly wide open Eastern Conference and it's NOT EVEN DECEMBER YET.

We've still got 5+ months of regular season basketball to go and plenty of that will be exciting, fun to watch games, players and teams.

He just signed a bigass TV rights contract, Jabbar's humor has been terrible lately. No wonder though as his god has been literally shitting through that master and subject bond.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil

You're absolutely right.

But he wont be saving Cleveland's either.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Silver
    Why would I be mad? David and I are laughing about his CP3 veto over a couple beers right now.

He's probably happy with the amount of parity this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Silver
    Why would I be mad? David and I are laughing about his CP3 veto over a couple beers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Lakers are a lottery team, Cavs look awful even in the east, Knicks are even worse than last year... Basically all your marketable superstars and big market cities SUX. Ratings will start getting a hit soon if not alrdy. The lebron hype is dying before our eyes sooner than expected, and he is falling off the grid.

If cleveland does not get it together this season I see a complete reshape of the nba landscape, a 5 year period of anarchy, a non dominance period while a new masterplan is brewed.
    Maybe he's experimenting with not fixing games. Altho that Heat v Cs game was probably fixed. Hard to tell.

I don't think teams should get Ws just because of their name, cuz the NBA spoon feeds them. I think a champion... someone like GSW or Wash would be nice. I think if they need that shit to happen for awhile. They think they'll lose all of the KOBE and LEBRON fans, but I dunno. They can keep those guys in there. I think those guys are ready to come back at a moments notice, anyway. We need to see some real ball. Let the best team win for awhile. If it's GSW or Dal then GG.

Edit: would be luls if Silver was like a player, got a big contract... stop going hard w/ fixing games. Seriously anything that leads to more pure bball is GOOD. NBA has been unwatchable the past few years. By past few I mean like... 10.

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 11-22-2014 at 01:39 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Bird
    I completely agree with this.

There have been some exciting games. A lot of 1980's style scoring going on, young players blossoming, Anthony Davis making the statement that he is one of three or so best players in the game, a completely wide open Western Conference, a fairly wide open Eastern Conference and it's NOT EVEN DECEMBER YET.

We've still got 5+ months of regular season basketball to go and plenty of that will be exciting, fun to watch games, players and teams.

AD
    Payton in Orlando
    the young bucks
    resurgence of Kings
    Wall
    Seraphin playing out of his mind in prime time...who saw that coming??

lots of goodies in this new season

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    come on bro, it's been 12 years, let it go. on the flipside, ur nets are looking great