Default I'm sorry but there is no reason for Lebron to be a team player.

He should not be taking the same amount of shots as everyone else. He is too good to be letting these other players take as many shots as him, he needs to take at least 20 a game and be more assertive, it will open up the other players around (LOL SPOT UP SHOOTERS). I know it's early in the season, and they can probably make this team ball work, but he is too talented to not be the main focus of the offense.

Default Re: I'm sorry but there is no reason for Lebron to be a team player.

You're right. He should chuck up 37 shots, converting on a "hot" 37% from the field.

Quote Originally Posted by 3peated
    He should not be taking the same amount of shots as everyone else. He is too good to be letting these other players take as many shots as him, he needs to take at least 20 a game and be more assertive, it will open up the other players around (LOL SPOT UP SHOOTERS). I know it's early in the season, and they can probably make this team ball work, but he is too talented to not be the main focus of the offense.
    this is a scheme that will die out quick...Lebron-ball worked for the past 10-11 years now, and now they want to resort to him playing off the ball and waiting on a facilitator to make him just as effective. it won't work, especially with a PG like Irving who holds the ball too much and can't finish.

it's one thing for Lebron to hold the ball long during an offensive set...he can attack the rim or facilitate better than most in the game. Kyrie doesn't have that, and it'll quickly switch. Lebron will be back to full point-forward, and the Cavs will be winning, as well. too talented of a squad for it to be otherwise.

lebron will be forever lost in his eternal dilema where he wants the spotlight but is afraid of it

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    You're right. He should be chucking up 37 shots and shooting a "hot" 37% from the field.
    lol...in between, 18-20 shots is the right amount.

Kobe has no reliant person to pass too, I'd shoot more times than not, in his case. But there-in lies the leadership and making your players better prop...Kobe is good, but he's never had it like MJ does, in having even the worst offensive scrub somewhat a factor to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    lebron will be forever lost in his eternal dilema where he wants the spotlight but is afraid of it
    he's been in the spotlight the past 10-11yrs...more than anyone the past 4, really. where exactly is the dilemma...frustrating is probably likely, but the spotlight has been apart of his life since he was a teen coming into the pro's

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

I think we need to face the fact that Lebron is no longer able to carry a team the way he has been. His athleticism is declining quickly, and he needs to start playing more like magic and avg something like 19 6 10 or 21 6 9. If he takes more shots he won't be as efficient as he has been, especially without guys like Bosh and Wade to lean on.

The reason LeBron has always had gaudy stats is b/c of his insistence on taking only easy shots, if he took more shots he would shoot around 45%

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    The reason LeBron has always had gaudy stats is b/c of his insistence on taking only easy shots, if he took more shots he would shoot around 45%

why focus so much on how many shots he takes when his ppg career average is 27?

he has the same career ppg avg as kobe with a way better fg% and more assists lol

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    You're right. He should chuck up 37 shots, converting on a "hot" 37% from the field.
    can everyone neg this dude? holy shit.