Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: If it was agreed that Tim Ducan was a C, Who would then be the GOAT Power Foward?

KG

IMO was the main guy on that 08 championship team (had a better playoffs than Pierce, arguably Finals as well)

pretty close, all four guys are top 25 in my book

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: If it was agreed that Tim Ducan was a C, Who would then be the GOAT Power Foward?

I prefer Barkley but it really is a close call.

Banned

Barkley - primes, peak
    Malone - longevity, consistency
    KG - defense, 1 ring
    Dirk - clutch, 1 ring

hmm hard to choose... Duncan had all of them except maybe longevity..

High School Starter

Id go malone then barkley, garnett, dirk

Garnett for the all around game.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Garnett can't carry a team as prime, peak Barkley could. Barkley my choice. It's all opinions. I believe Barkley is the better individual player/talent with all his flaws, injuries etc...which only highlights the fact the great potential he had besides what he showcased.
    lol wut?

Don't see how people don't choose Dirk, he carried his team to a championship as the #1, something all the others couldn't do and he didn't have a single all-star on his team.

Looking back makes what he did even more amazing, especially considering how he beat the Heat with Wade playing like his 09-10 self.

edit: BTW these are the averages for all 3 guys:

Garnett: 19/10.6/4/1.3/1.5
    Dirk:23/8/2.5/1/1
    Barkley:22/12/4/1.5/.8
    Malone:25/10/3.5/1.5/.8
    Last edited by triangleoffense; 07-15-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    saw this on hardwood classics! What an underrated performence! That post game and will to win

Good High School Starter jalbert009's Avatar

Barkley = Offense
    Garnett = Defense
    Malone Longetivity
    Dirk = Shooting

People will have different opinions depending on what they value more. All these guys were first options on their teams and made deep playoff runs. All of them were multiple all stars and all NBA teams. Only Dirk won a ring without all-star help.

Here is my ranking on these guys.

#1 Kevin Garnett
    NBA Champion (2008)
    NBA Most Valuable Player (2004)
    NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2008)

KG does it all. Elite Defense, Elite rebounding, Good passer, Good scorer and Great Longetivity. It was unfortunate he was on the wolves as he never had a good supporting cast except in 2004 and took them to the WCF but lost due to injuries to other key players.

#2 Charles Barkley
    NBA Most Valuable Player (1993)

Most unstoppable of the 3 IMO on the offensive side but his Defense is average at best. His offense and rebounding was Elite.

#3 Karl Malone

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Barkley...The Most Dominant Powerforward Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Malone's peak isn't good enough for me

Barkley played no defense

Dirk can be one dimensional at times

Garnett is the choice.
    KG avergaed 25+ ppg for a playoff series only twice.

Karl Malone's entire career po average 26.3
    Dirk Nowitzki's entire career po average 25.9
    Barkley averaged 25+ ppg for a playoff series 11 times.

How 'bout that?

Learning to shoot layups howlin_wolf's Avatar

I'm going with Dirk. Only one to put a team on his shoulders and win it all, most unique player of them all, most loyal to his franchise BUT can be a nonfactor on defensive end. Still, we've seen his great team d when he had a decent center next to him.

Dirk or Barkley, basically a toss up.

I usually hit open layups

I'm going to have to go with Dirk for single-handedly carrying his teams to the playoffs year-in year-out (well he had help on some years, but no all-star help) and that championship in '11. It's a toss up with these four having arguments over the other.