Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: BREAKING: Mavs finalizing deal with Jameer Nelson. 2 yrs/6 million

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    This is clearly their best lineup since 2011.

You never know what happens in the West, but something like a WCF run within the next 2 years isn't out of the question. Finals or more, I'm skeptical. In the East a Finals run would definitely be achievable, but in the West San Antonio is still the gold standard for collective ball, OKC still has 2 of the best players in the planet with tons of room for improvement, both individually and as a group, and the Clippers still have a dangerous roster.
    Yea...put this Mavs team in the East over the next 3 years and it would be a totally different story.

Unfortunately, the West is just so good that a team honestly capable of making a run in the playoffs might not even be in the playoffs.

The Rockets, depending on what they add, could actually miss the playoffs. Yet they could also easily make the conference finals. Just crazy.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Jameer is a good pickup, hopefully he'll actually play as oppose to just collecting a pay check last season in orlando....

Felton is garbage.....we'll see if he's any good if he comes in shape or not...

I got mavs pegged around 6th seed.....rockets 7th/8th....

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    Jameer is a good pickup, hopefully he'll actually play as oppose to just collecting a pay check last season in orlando....

I'm on the record supporting Felton. I think he'll actually add nice value in 15 to 20 minutes a game playing the Barea type role from 2011.

I see no reason why he can't come in and do that.

Really glad we got Nelson as well...it gives us nice depth at guard now that will be crucial considering injuries are bound to happen.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'm on the record supporting Felton. I think he'll actually add nice value in 15 to 20 minutes a game playing the Barea type role from 2011.

I see no reason why he can't come in and do that.

Really glad we got Nelson as well...it gives us nice depth at guard now that will be crucial considering injuries are bound to happen.
    dude can play, been watching him since carolina days, but he seems to have lost all effort and edge....and he's such a porker these days..

Nelson is a better pick up.

can't wait to watch mav vs rockets!! D12 & Harden VS parsons and nelson....

College superstar

Stupid ass Rockets coulda had Jameer Nelson.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming

Jameer actually played good last year for the Magic. A lot better than when he had Dwight on the team with him actually.

Da Mavs

Mavs are supposedly going to give the all three of the PGs burn, and Devin at the 2 in small ball as well.

I think Jameer is going to look a different guy from the past few years surrounded by scorers like Dirk, Monte, and Parsons.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Mavs are supposedly going to give the all three of the PGs burn, and Devin at the 2 in small ball as well.

I think Jameer is going to look a different guy from the past few years surrounded by scorers like Dirk, Monte, and Parsons.

hopefully he can get his 3 point % back up to at least 38-39% if not better

Lol.. For some reason whenever someone says "Jameer", I think of Jameer the poster

That's how often his name has been dropped

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Lol.. For some reason whenever someone says "Jameer", I think of Jameer the poster

Don't see why you're confusing them. Jameer the NBA player is 10 years younger and black.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

Probably because you've been posting on ISH longer than you've been watching basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    hopefully he can get his 3 point % back up to at least 38-39% if not better
    I really think he can.

He's going to get some wide open looks...perhaps 1 or 2 a game of just being straight up wide open.

Assuming he takes around 4 a game...i could definitely see his percentage about 40 at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Don't see why you're confusing them. Jameer the NBA player is 10 years younger and black.

The ISH'ers Champion!

I can't believe DMavs41 is still acting like a Mavs fan after all these years...

NBA All-star

Calderon wasn't nessecarily a good fit with the Mavs.

I don't see Jameer's role being that different than from his.
    Only they have more depth at that position now.

which gives Rick the possibility to explore against opponent line ups
    because Jameer might have an edge against the opposing second unit over Calderon.