Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 05:33 PM   #16
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kobe's breakout game on NBA TV right now!!!

Incidentally, this is the series where Kobe asked Ron Hrper during the 4th quarter one game in the huddle, "what would Jordan do?"
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:34 PM   #17
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The performance in the instance was great, no doubt, but using that game to argue his all time legendary status given the rest of the series is taking it a bit far.

Where did anyone mention his legendary status based on this game? All I see is some poster telling us there's a game about Kobe on TV right where he had a breakout game, and quickly comes Loki taking the spotlight away about mentioning how badly Kobe played in that series. The insecurities some of you have regarding Kobe need serious help.

I already called you out about making things up, and this thread is a perfect example of how many phony stories you make up.

I read your post and you accuse people of mentioning things that simply weren't mentioned, get a grip you two...try talking about something else for once.

Quote:
Incidentally, this is the series where Kobe asked Ron Hrper during the 4th quarter one game in the huddle, "what would Jordan do?"

Proof?
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #18
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki

Really? :
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #19
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Where did anyone mention his legendary status based on this game? All I see is some poster telling us there's a game about Kobe on TV right where he had a breakout game, and quickly comes Loki taking the spotlight away about mentioning how badly Kobe played in that series. The insecurities some of you have regarding Kobe need serious help.

I already called you out about making things up, and this thread is a perfect example of how many phony stories you make up.

I read your post and you accuse people of mentioning things that simply weren't mentioned, get a grip you two...try talking about something else for once.

Proof?

Ah Los Angeles, coming in all huffy as usual.

See, you haven't been coming to this board for the past three + years as I have. I've had MANY debates with Kobe fans where they point to this game as proof of his greatness, when if anything if you take that series as a WHOLE, it should be used to argue how OVERSTATED his worth was in that title run. Just another example of the hype machine twisting things.

As far as us having "insecurities" about Bryant, that's laughable. I fail to see how pointing out how he actually played is ever a bad thing. If you haven't learned by now, my opinion is that Bryant has been overrated/hyped during the course of his career (the hyping of this game being a prime example) and so I'm going to take the opportunity to point out why that is when I feel it's applicable. I'm sorry you don't like it, and it upsets you so, but try to get over it.

In my opinion, if you're so in love with a player (that you don't know) that you get so upset about people criticizing him, you really need to consider WHY that is (hint: it has nothing to do with Knoe Itawl). Also, "bud" don't tell me what to talk about, and I promise I'll do the same for you.

Now that that's out of the way. Do you feel Kobe had a fantastic Finals series there, or what?
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #20
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki

haha no way. What was the context of it?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #21
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
Now that that's out of the way. Do you feel Kobe had a fantastic Finals series there, or what?

See you're still missing my point.
I'm a Laker fan first and foremost, Kobe is one of my all-time favorite players...I clicked on this thread because I have NBA TV and I don't recall the game this poster was talking about. I quickly see Loki going off-topic making comments about how Kobe played bad in the series...was that really needed in the first place?

Quote:
I've had MANY debates with Kobe fans where they point to this game as proof of his greatness, when if anything if you take that series as a WHOLE

No one in this particular thread made these observations about Kobe, only person that did was you and Loki...try to hold yourself responsible for once.

These debates have already gotten old for me, and I've been here for a few months...It's pretty sad that after three and half years, you can't man up and actually ignore this useless debates for good.

Quote:
In my opinion, if you're so in love with a player (that you don't know) that you get so upset about people criticizing him

I'm in "love" with a player, why would I care about knowing him? To me he's a great basketball player who plays for my team, nothing more.

Quote:

No he didn't, next time make these observations in relations to the thread...you're extremely obnoxious when it comes to Kobe.

You see a Leopard, and you try to make it a Lion. You call out all these stupid Kobe fans who consistently talk about him, and overrate him as a player...you seriously need to look in the mirror and realize you're doing the exact same thing on the opposite side of things...both of you are playing in the special olympics, and chasing that illustrious gold medal...that will never come.

The sooner you'll realize that, the better...remember, Jordan > Kobe.
Every time I have a discussion with you, I'll mention that...maybe then you'll have another reason to be on this board.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #22
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles

The reason I brought it up is because that's when his overhyping really started getting out of hand. Based on one OT, and despite a horrible series overall, he was hyped as the second coming based strictly on those 5 minutes or whatever it was.

I bet you didn't have a problem with that, though...

Quote:
Proof?

Ask Ron Harper. He's the one who said it in an interview during that series. I'm not about to dig it up -- this is pretty common knowledge, and has been since 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Really?

Yes, really.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #23
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
Ask Ron Harper. He's the one who said it in an interview during that series. I'm not about to dig it up -- this is pretty common knowledge, and has been since 2000.

Right, just like you asking me to dig up the article where Tex Winter said Kobe was the superior play maker. It's common knowledge see, and has been since 2001...just ask Tex Winter.

Two can play that game.

Quote:
The reason I brought it up is because that's when his overhyping really started getting out of hand. Based on one OT, and despite a horrible series overall, he was hyped as the second coming based strictly on those 5 minutes or whatever it was.

Why do I even bother with you two? Laughing out loud.
I'm going to stop.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #24
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Actually, VC was the one who brought up Bryant's play in the series not Loki. I simply chimed in with my opinion on the issue, since it had already been brought up. Also, it is pertinent to the thread in that the game was part of the Indiana series. Not like VC responded by talking about the Pistons series or something.

At any rate, I've said all I need to say on it. My bad for pointing out how Kobe played in the series overall.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #25
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Notice how these guys always make it personal instead of commenting on the subject of what was said. I don't see what's so wrong about pointing out, you know, how Kobe actually PERFORMED in the series.

I've heard much over the years about this game from Kobe fans when they want to point out his "legendary" performances. When you look at how he did in the overall series, it just further adds to the overhyping of Bryant by those that are more interested in his legend, then what he's actually accomplished.

I mean, seriously. Looking at how he did in the series, why is this game so special that it needs to be talked about? As shown, his overall performance was hardly legendary. Far from it. But you'd think with the way he's been hyped for it, that it was indicative of a consistant series performing the same way.

i was 100% serious about my question. If that feature is available i would like to use it. Is it possible? You seem to find yourself in these topics only as well. please advise..
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: