Thread: Wii U

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Wii U

What's the Wii U like? I'm kind of a noob gamer. I always loved n64/SNES/Gamecube the most but when the original Wii came out I wasn't feeling the controllers at all. I have a PS4 and only really use it for blu-ray and sports games for a month or two. Occasionally pick up a random game or two and play it for a week. Debating on selling it or trying to trade it for a Wii U.

What are the best games? Games to avoid? Difference between it and the Wii? Gamepad looks all kinds of crazy. The virtual console really interests me. Earthbound was probably my favorite game of All-Time and getting it for SNES is kinda expensive.

I've always preferred Nintendo but don't really know anything about the new Wii. I read there's a new one coming out in less than a year but rather check this one out before.

Default Re: Wii U

The gamepad really isn't too crazy, 99% of the time is just like a regular pad but a little oversized. Pretty easy to get used to playing with it.

Super Mario 3d World is a great Mario game, somehow they still keep knocking it out of the park with these flagship Mario games. Super Mario Maker got old quick for me, but a lot of people get really into it. If you like Japanese RPGs, Xenoblade is a massive game and pretty much the best JRPG of the 2010s.

Sadly beyond like 5 or so titles, the library of games worth playing is pretty thin. Some of the best games on the system are just up-ressed Gamecube games. If buying a system to play around 5 games sounds good to you, go for it. It's Nintendo, the top titles are unique and quality. But if you are mostly getting it for the Virtual Console, just play those SNES games on your PC.

National High School Star

Pretty much as above, the only time i really play the wii u anymore is for smash with mates.
    My net was never good enough to run Splatoon, but it is a fun game when i've played it at friends.

Its almost impossible to make a top 10 as the games are that limited... I don't think i even have 10 games period.
    Games i played and enjoyed are:
    Mario kart 8
    Smash Bros
    Splatoon
    Hyrule Warriors
    Xenoblade
    Yoshis Wolly World
    & that's pretty much it, never tried Beyonetta as of yet, been meaning too though.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Thanks for the info. Anybody here want to swap a Wii U for a PS4?

National High School Star

I also forgot to mention, through the wii u's virtual store, you can access DK64, Mario 64, Mario Kart & i believe Zelda as well, plus numerous others (Gameboy, N64, Gamecube)
    See a complete list here:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#filter/wii_u|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|nes&n64&gba&ds|-|-|-|-|-|featured|des|-