Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is Klay Thompson a system player?

Klay is an alpha dog FLAT OUT! I think he could be the number one option on a team and get 25-27 points a night every year if he had too. Sharpshooters like Ray, Reggie, And Dale Ellis did this. Ray was the more versatile offensive player don't get me wrong. But in the two way sense, Klay is the best SG in the world.

So I say Klay is the 2nd best SG in the world AND would get it in for ANY TEAM! And keep in mind he's ONLY 24 years old. And he's something we have never really seen since the days of Jerry West. And that's a pure shooter alpha dog WHO IS ALSO a great defender!

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Lets be honest, Klay cannot lead a team by his own. He's not that type of player. He'll always be a Robin.

What exactly is a system player? A guy who doesn't iso-chuck away at FG%=usage rate?

All the comments about Klay being a great shooter and a good shooter are true but only thing that most fans don't see is his ability to shoot over shorter defenders. Some shooters rely heavily on picks even when their defender is 2-3 inches shorter than them.

Hawks can easily make the finals in the east.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

People who are morons and know nothing about basketball like to toss around idiotic terms like "system player". If you ask or feel compelled to ask this question you should just shut it down and realize you're and idiot.