Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'MY CAREER MODE' Discussion

So I'm playing my Scoring PG right now. Got drafted 6th by Portland. We started 0-3 but now 3-3. After six games, I got Magic Johnson and Justin Bieber
    following me

I'm liking the scoring play type so far and leaning towards using it on my real My Career. It's really easy getting assists and at the same time scoring around 15-20 points.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    How do you do the training camp?
    Game Modes -> Practice -> UnderArmour Training Camp

It's like 7 or 8 sets of moves you can do very quickly and then a little game after every single one where you have to reach a certain point amount.

So I have two MyCareer's right now. One is a Scoring PG with the Mavericks where I've played 3 games, averaging 12/6. And then I started today an Atheltic PG that got drafted by the Raptors and have yet to play a game with him. I played some Online games and got his midrange up to an 80, and his pass and layup up to a 90. Will try to earn 2,000-3,000 more VC and upgrade his defense, speed, and what not.

I think it's really shitty how they don't have drills give you attributes this year. Speed costs 500 for ONE point. I currently have 88 speed. So they expect me to spend 5,500 VC for this shit?

How can I change the release point of my shot? It's totally late and I hate it. Tried several shot forms, but it still sucks.

Going to trade this game in this game is stupid i play as a 6 3 PG and keep getting moved to the PF position which i cant defend and keep getting penalized for getting scored on
    2k11 was and still is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
    Going to trade this game in this game is stupid i play as a 6 3 PG and keep getting moved to the PF position which i cant defend and keep getting penalized for getting scored on
    2k11 was and still is the best!
    Wouldn't exactly call it gamebreaking, but yeah it is a little frustrating having to play PF and sometimes C, and I have a 6'3 PG as well. Might take them a while, but they might eventually patch it so the positions aren't so 'random'. I remember this problem a few years ago back on either 2K10 or 2K11, and they patched it, so I don't know why the problem seems to be back again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Wouldn't exactly call it gamebreaking, but yeah it is a little frustrating having to play PF and sometimes C, and I have a 6'3 PG as well. Might take them a while, but they might eventually patch it so the positions aren't so 'random'. I remember this problem a few years ago back on either 2K10 or 2K11, and they patched it, so I don't know why the problem seems to be back again.
    happened to me for one game as a 6'3 pg on my hornets team. but havent seen it since. when it happened i was kinda pissed, but for the next 10 games, i havent seen it

still annoying

I can't seem to create another MyPlayer. When I try and start a new career, it makes me use the same name as my other player. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I can't seem to create another MyPlayer. When I try and start a new career, it makes me use the same name as my other player. Am I missing something?
    You have to use the same name (and facial profile and what not). It won't erase over you other careers.

I don't know why though.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    You have to use the same name (and facial profile and what not). It won't erase over you other careers.

I don't know why though.

That's incredibly lame. Hopefully they change that, because I like to create players that fit the profile. The name and appearance of my 3 point shooter should not have to be the same as my defensive center. Huge mistake by 2K IMO.

yeah had to defend ****ing Pau Gasol it did not go so well lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    happened to me for one game as a 6'3 pg on my hornets team. but havent seen it since. when it happened i was kinda pissed, but for the next 10 games, i havent seen it

still annoying
    Happened all the time for me when I was with the Suns. Started a new game with Toronto, and it's only happened once so far. But I always play SG instead of PG which is annoying enough for me already. Won't get extensive PG minutes until I become the starter I guess. That's the problem with having Lowry, Calderon and Lucas III to beat out.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

yeah like i said earlier im a sf but tyreke is starting there while im at the 2. wonder why 2k has such issues with weird things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    That's incredibly lame. Hopefully they change that, because I like to create players that fit the profile. The name and appearance of my 3 point shooter should not have to be the same as my defensive center. Huge mistake by 2K IMO.
    You got MyCareer and MyPlayer. MyPlayer shows up on the front page. It's just face, etc. If you edit MyPlayer there's an option in the middle of it that let#s you create a new one.

Can anyone help me with the shooting motion? Can't get rid of the wrong timing.

btw had to defend Dirk as a 6" PG. Stole the ball twice, and started a little run with it. Coach kept me in as PF and when the AI adjusted Dirk went crazy.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Created a 6'6" all-around PG in hopes of being a Magic Johnson type. Also helps when they switch you to SG on defense. Dropped 19/3/10 in the showcase but 5 turnovers. Drafted #10 to Hornets which is great because their starting PG is only a 70 overall so hopefully starting soon. Plus can rack up assists to Gordon and grow with Davis.

I was a dickhead to the Bucks to make sure I didn't have to play behind Jennings/Ellis. Cocky SOB to the Blazers didn't draft me behind Lillard. And Rockets didn't get a chance to draft me.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    You got MyCareer and MyPlayer. MyPlayer shows up on the front page. It's just face, etc. If you edit MyPlayer there's an option in the middle of it that let#s you create a new one.

Can anyone help me with the shooting motion? Can't get rid of the wrong timing.

btw had to defend Dirk as a 6" PG. Stole the ball twice, and started a little run with it. Coach kept me in as PF and when the AI adjusted Dirk went crazy.
    Do you mean you need the shot feedback thing to show, to help you? Or you want to get rid of it? Or neither?

Go to Options > Game Settings > Presentation, and there you'll be able to turn shot feedback on or off.