Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'MY CAREER MODE' Discussion

Jesus Christ, what difficulty/quarter length are you guys playing on?

My Memphis team is in 3rd in the West with about 22 games to go. My scoring point guard is averaging 31/7/4/2 on 56/46/86 shooting (7 min quarters) and I just dropped 70 on Wade on 28-40 shooting (7-13 from 3).

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Started my second season, 5 games in I'm averaging, 132.3 ppg, 7.4 rpg and 7.8 apg.

Oh yea, I play 8/9 min quarters on Hall of Fame. My career high is 184 points, LMAO.
    Last edited by The-Legend-24; 04-07-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    I shot 83 FG%, 76% from 3. So yea, all of them were defensive, I think I averaged 0.3 offensive rebounds.
    how is it possible to shoot 76% from 3. I have played with multiple players that are 99 for 3pt and maxed out on everything else with sig skills and i can barely avg 60% for a season on wide open shots. Another question is if your playing on 8/9 min qtrs, you would max get around like 26 minutes of action cause your blowing your opponents out so im confused to how is this even possible even if you jack up a 3 every trip down.

Started my second season, 5 games in I'm averaging, 132.3 ppg, 7.4 rpg and 7.8 apg.

Oh yea, I play 8/9 min quarters on Hall of Fame. My career high is 184 points, LMAO.
    Does everyone (Doris Burke, other announcers, postgame interview, social media) freak out after you drop 100? Always wanted to see what happens, but I haven't been able to get that high. Scored 70 on Miami and 66 on OKC recently, but can't get any higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    how is it possible to shoot 76% from 3. I have played with multiple players that are 99 for 3pt and maxed out on everything else with sig skills and i can barely avg 60% for a season on wide open shots. Another question is if your playing on 8/9 min qtrs, you would max get around like 26 minutes of action cause your blowing your opponents out so im confused to how is this even possible even if you jack up a 3 every trip down.
    My guy is 99 in pretty much everything including my 3pt, if you have Carmelo's release, you can easily make 20 three's in a row.

Even if we're up by like 70+ points the coach still leaves me on the court for some season, while all the other starters are on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Does everyone (Doris Burke, other announcers, postgame interview, social media) freak out after you drop 100? Always wanted to see what happens, but I haven't been able to get that high. Scored 70 on Miami and 66 on OKC recently, but can't get any higher than that.
    Nah, I thought they would make a big deal about it too, they just tell you that you broke the NBA record in points in the post game interview and how you feel about it, which is kinda lame.

Can someone explain to me how a team with Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol in the starting lineup can be last in the NBA in rebounding and offensive rebounding? Getting destroyed on the boards.

I'm a starting pg for craptors, and just won a championship LOL.

I averaged 50 pts per game at 73% fg

Shit is too easy once you max out all the attributes.

I hate how if you don't sign an extension with your team in your contract year, in the off-season you can't sign with them again.

I was on the Lakers, didn't sign an extension because I wanted to see what kind of offers I'd get, and in the off-season I ended up getting offers from teams like the Phoenix Suns with Chris Bosh, Sacramento Kings with Kobe & DeMarcus Cousins, Utah with practically the same line-up they have today except Chandler Parsons on the roster, and the Clippers without CP3. I ended up signing with Utah, but I wanted to stick with the Lakers. I don't know if I should ask for a trade because the Lakers now suck. Kobe (obviously as mentioned above) left for the Kings & even though we had Carmelo Anthony in my last season with the Lakers, he's not on the roster any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I hate how if you don't sign an extension with your team in your contract year, in the off-season you can't sign with them again.

I was on the Lakers, didn't sign an extension because I wanted to see what kind of offers I'd get, and in the off-season I ended up getting offers from teams like the Phoenix Suns with Chris Bosh, Sacramento Kings with Kobe & DeMarcus Cousins, Utah with practically the same line-up they have today except Chandler Parsons on the roster, and the Clippers without CP3. I ended up signing with Utah, but I wanted to stick with the Lakers. I don't know if I should ask for a trade because the Lakers now suck. Kobe (obviously as mentioned above) left for the Kings & even though we had Carmelo Anthony in my last season with the Lakers, he's not on the roster any more.
    I couldn't sign an extension because if I do, my system will crash. I waited for the offseason and got an offer from my team, the Blazers.

I asked for a trade to either the Knicks, Nets, or the Heat. And I get traded to the Timberwolves.

I also changed my jumpshot from Melo's to Lebron's and I went 45-53 from 3.

I asked for a trade to either the Knicks, Nets, or the Heat. And I get traded to the Timberwolves.

I also changed my jumpshot from Melo's to Lebron's and I went 45-53 from 3.
    You don't get bored scoring so much? I'd get bored so quickly of how unrealistic it'd be.

What difficulty are you playing at, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    I couldn't sign an extension because if I do, my system will crash. I waited for the offseason and got an offer from my team, the Blazers.
    Really? I've had this happen twice now in two different MyCareers where I couldn't resign with a specific team because I didn't sign an extension with them.

Really? I've had this happen twice now in two different MyCareers where I couldn't resign with a specific team because I didn't sign an extension with them.
    Idk but I stayed with the team that drafted me and won the MVP and a title on my 3rd year. Maybe that's why they offered me a contract.

You don't get bored scoring so much? I'd get bored so quickly of how unrealistic it'd be.

What difficulty are you playing at, anyway?
    I'm trying to break Kareem's record as quickly as possible, I had 7000+ points in my rookie season, so far I have 1000+ points 7 games into my second season.

Oh, and I play on Hall of fame.

I'm trying to break Kareem's record as quickly as possible, I had 7000+ points in my rookie season, so far I have 1000+ points 7 games into my second season.

Oh, and I play on Hall of fame.
    I don't know. That would get boring to me. I like to keep it as realistic as possible.

My player currently in his 4th season is averaging 18.5/10.5/2.8. He's a center on the Utah Jazz.
    The dude broke his arm when I simulated a few games and he ended up missing 25+ games. Now there are 3 games left in the season, my MVP nomination no longer exists ( ), and my team went from the 2nd seed down to the 6th seed due to the injury, but I brought them back up to the 4th seed.

The thing I hate about 2K13 is the fact that in MyCareer mode, players like Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and LeBron James (after the 2013-14 season) tend to become journeyman. Dwight is playing for the Milwaukee Bucks right now, CP3 is on the Pistons and LeBron went to the Clippers first but is now back in Miami.
    It's silly. These aren't guys who would become journeymen in their respective primes.