Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'MY CAREER MODE' Discussion

****. I accidentally made my MC into an offline mode. Anyway I can switch it back?!

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    ****. I accidentally made my MC into an offline mode. Anyway I can switch it back?!
    I did it too, and from what I read you can't swap it back. Said it'd be too easy to "hack" or something if you could.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

I'm in my 2nd season and am still fighting for a starting spot over Damien Lillard, was a starter for one game until I made a buzzer beater to beat the Lakers, than I got sent back to the bench, lol.

Learning to shoot layups

I played like 20 games as a Starter, Won Rookie of the Year. Had like 2 Player of the Month award after my trade to the Lakers, 3-4 Player of the Week.

Now I'm in the Playoffs, we just swept the Trailblazers where I got 36pts, 53 pts, 19 pts (simmed..was actually doing super well, then power went off so I just simmed it), then finished it off with 58 pts to sweep.

It's funny cause at the beginning teams would sag off me on 3s, but I started putting some points in the 3s so I can actually hit if I'm super open now, so I went 6/6 from threes, finished with 6/9 from 3s in that game.

How long does it take before your player gets a starting spot?
    I dropped 30 points in 1 game, 45 in the next & 36 in the next one with at least 5+ assists in all 3 games. Still no starting spot. I even discussed it with the GM, but nothing has come of it.
    I'm averaging 22 PPG & 6 APG off the bench! IRL, the dude would be a starter by now.

Saw a basketball once YouAintGrizz's Avatar

How long does it take for 2k to delete your myplayer? I've been waiting since Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    How long does it take before your player gets a starting spot?
    I dropped 30 points in 1 game, 45 in the next & 36 in the next one with at least 5+ assists in all 3 games. Still no starting spot. I even discussed it with the GM, but nothing has come of it.
    I'm averaging 22 PPG & 6 APG off the bench! IRL, the dude would be a starter by now.
    I posted this too soon. I became a starter 2 games after that 36 point game.
    Now I kind of wish I didn't because there go my chances of winning 6th Man of the Year.

I'm in my 5th season as PG (athletic) for the Kings. I got drafted by Mavs, got starting spot later in 2nd season as I was playing only key games most of the time. They didn't want to offer me new contract which is ok, because they suck
    Out of the teams interested I picked the Kings because they had weakest PG (Jack) and I got the starting spot pretty soon. Team was doing pretty good and in the meantime I upgraded my player by much, especially 3pt shooting. Cousins and Tyreke are beasts, Robinson is pretty good, they drafted some SF guy who's athletic as ****, dunks everything and also had Carter and Allen off the bench. Lost 4-3 to OKC in WCF, when Durant goes crazy ain't no stopping him...
    Next year my player is finally respectable in all aspects of the game, yet I **** up and press play next key game while close to playoffs and end up playing 4th game against the Lakers (they led 3-0) and losing 4-2 in the first round.
    Now in my 5th season I'm playing most of games, not only key ones and averaging 26/7 on 50%+ FG and 3pt. My rebounding is pathetic because Cousins and Robinson get every ball. Best record in the league halfway through the season and I'm leading candidate for MVP.

Today I decided to break some records and made quarters 12 mins. We played against Raps and I scored 79 points 22-46 from 3pt, after the game I get twitter message form David Robinson and it says something about me scoring 72. I checked the game boxscore and it really says 72 on 15-31 from 3pt, game score was 126-110 and calculated player points are 119 (obviously 7 of my points are missing). Something like that happened to anyone?

Learning to shoot layups

Lol, I think All-Star difficulty might be too easy.

I finished Rookie of the Year and Finals MVP (suck it Kobe ). went 16-0 in the playoffs. averaged 35 ppg/12 assists / 8 rebounds / 2 steals / 1 block on 60% FG in the entire playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Midnite89
    Lol, I think All-Star difficulty might be too easy.

I finished Rookie of the Year and Finals MVP (suck it Kobe ). went 16-0 in the playoffs. averaged 35 ppg/12 assists / 8 rebounds / 2 steals / 1 block on 60% FG in the entire playoffs
    You do know there is a harder difficulty called Hall of Fame right? Try it...

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    You do know there is a harder difficulty called Hall of Fame right? Try it...
    yeah, I know which is why I just upped it..relax homes, it was just my rookie year..I'm like rated 73

Tried to get into this mode this year after dislking it the past few years, but I just can't. Too easy to dominate, averaging a triple double on hall of fame and I'm a 70 overall SG. Wouldn't want to know my stats I would be averaging if I was in the 90's overall

Im in the 60's averaging like 25 8 4 on hall of fame difficulty. Too easy...

I'm averagin 43 ppg 12 apg 8 topg on HOF now. I don't think I'll continue this career because I'm trying to get realistic stats and realistic results but it's too hard to do so. I don't wanna win the MVP in my rookie year. I was gonna play key games only but there's a glitch that will send me to the bench again. Should I key game it?

I just created an offline My Career on a different user. Tyler Clark, an SG drafted 9th by Detroit. Tyler Clark was also the name of my first My Player in 2K12 when the rookies were not yet in the game. Currently on my 2nd season and gonna try to finish the second half of the season as a starter so I can just explode on my 3rd season. I scored 40+ on my last 4 games, 3 are key games Maybe playing SG will help me get realistic stats.

Made a 7'1 280 all around center.Im getting killed on the boards by everyone.