Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default NBA 2K13 'MY CAREER MODE' Discussion

Here you can discuss the My Career mode from NBA 2K13.

Talk about your player's abilities. Are you a scrub? Are you a solid role-player, or are you a superstar? Talk about what team you were drafted to, how your season is going. Maybe you're going to demand a trade?

This is most certainly the most popular mode in the NBA 2K series, so hopefully we'll hear some interesting stuff from you guys.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'MY CAREER MODE' Discussion

Did my Scoring PG first. Got 15/10/4 in the showcase, drafted 11th to the Blazers. Not sure if I want to play with this, but I might re-do it once or twice to see what's up. Would love to be 10th for the Hornets. It seems like almost every team in the league has a great franchise PG or a developing one that's still got potential. Ehh we'll see.

Is scoring the best play type? You basically get an 80 midrange and 3 point rating right off the bat. Speed at 81 isn't bad either.

My first character is a 6'9" 3-point shooting SF named Ricky "Rain Man" Raynes. Got drafted to my Warriors at #7. Played about 10 games so far off the bench. Used all my VC on Dead-Eye Skill and Offensive Awareness so far.

Tip; When you first start MyPlayer, adjust the game duration to 12 min play and simulation. This makes it easier to achieve your goals and get lots of VC despite only playing limited minutes off the bench. As soon as I get upgraded to 6th man or starter, I reduce the game duration to 9 min, and once I'm a full time starter I bring it down to 6 minutes.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Okay last year I loved making dominant centers. This year it sucks. Teammates feed you the ball less and you get penalized for everything. My biggest complaint about this mode though is the lack of minutes/opportunity. After 3 seasons I'm still a 12 minute bench player on my SG despite the fact that whenever I play the key games I absolutely DOMINATE.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Did my Scoring PG first. Got 15/10/4 in the showcase, drafted 11th to the Blazers. Not sure if I want to play with this, but I might re-do it once or twice to see what's up. Would love to be 10th for the Hornets. It seems like almost every team in the league has a great franchise PG or a developing one that's still got potential. Ehh we'll see.

Is scoring the best play type? You basically get an 80 midrange and 3 point rating right off the bat. Speed at 81 isn't bad either.
    Hmmm.. Scoring and Athletic are the best starters. Athletic has improved this year due to physics scoring at the rim but still it's hard to finish a lot of times. Scoring has been the best for me because as you said you can dominate just by hitting 3's and midrange jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Okay last year I loved making dominant centers. This year it sucks. Teammates feed you the ball less and you get penalized for everything. My biggest complaint about this mode though is the lack of minutes/opportunity. After 3 seasons I'm still a 12 minute bench player on my SG despite the fact that whenever I play the key games I absolutely DOMINATE.
    stop simming

3 seasons?

I like athletic on all of them. Mostly because it costs more points to upgrade those attributes (I think). Saves me some money.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    3 seasons?

I like athletic on all of them. Mostly because it costs more points to upgrade those attributes (I think). Saves me some money.
    Speed difference between Scoring and Athletic PGs is 7 points I think. Ehh I'd rather be able to be effective right away and develop my speed as I go along. Not having a solid jumper to start sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    stop simming
    Man it's too many damn games otherwise! I play 6 minute quarters too so not easy for me to build points. Wonder if I do just a few games with 12 minute quarters in a row to get starter, then sim rest?

Hmmm.. Scoring and Athletic are the best starters. Athletic has improved this year due to physics scoring at the rim but still it's hard to finish a lot of times. Scoring has been the best for me because as you said you can dominate just by hitting 3's and midrange jumpers.
    I've heard from many of the YouTube commentators to not sim games as you'll miss out on a lot of things.

Man it's too many damn games otherwise! I play 6 minute quarters too so not easy for me to build points. Wonder if I do just a few games with 12 minute quarters in a row to get starter, then sim rest?
    sim only 20 games a season if u want realistic coach decisions

****. I wish it would ask a confirmation if that's what you want to do when you choose stuff on this mode. They ****ing put the sim to next key game on top of the menus (god knows why) and I clicked on it without thinking. I have auto save running and it saved after the simulation.

Just started this damn career too. Would like to play the first few games, you know? It simmed 11 games. God damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Do you still get bumped/pushed around constantly when trying to navigate around the court?

Does the computer still have magnetic box outs that you can't escape from?

Do little guys still jump over big guys for rebounds?
    Um that kind of stuff is a lot better in the 36 hours I've had it.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    I've heard from many of the YouTube commentators to not sim games as you'll miss out on a lot of things.
    What do I miss out on???

What do I miss out on???
    I'm a sucker for a good 2K My Player/Career story, so I'm subbed to a lot of the 2K commentators on Youtube. I think it's IpodKingCarter who mentioned it on his Twitter somewhere.

EDIT: #Mr2K #NBA2K13 YERP! ‏@IpodKingCarter
    NBA 2K13 MyCAREER Note #4: Gamers, play every game in your first season, DON'T KEY GAME IT! ur gonna need that VC for everything u touch!

So the Virtual Currency is your key. Sim games, you're not gonna get shit for it. No way to improve your player without it.