Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Eminem Recovery Leaked (Link)

I honestly think that Eminem has fallen into the great abyss and cannot make his way back. Almost every single featuring verse since 2010 has been below par, he's definitely lost something and this album, Recovery, wasn't that great in my opinion as well. Don't get me wrong, Em has crazy amounts of skill and talent, but he's stagnant right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    I honestly think that Eminem has fallen into the great abyss and cannot make his way back. Almost every single featuring verse since 2010 has been below par, he's definitely lost something and this album, Recovery, wasn't that great in my opinion as well. Don't get me wrong, Em has crazy amounts of skill and talent, but he's stagnant right now.
    I thought Not Afraid was pretty good.

I feel the exact opposite. His music is more "real" than ever. His word-play and flow on Relapse and especially Recovery, is the best he's ever been. He's broken away from the gimmicky "Hi, My name it!" and "please stand up!" ... "we made you!" ... bs material ... he's come into his own in terms of finally being a "real" rap artist.

Everyone seems to want the old "'cause slim shady... will fu*king kill you..."

I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    I feel the exact opposite. His music is more "real" than ever. His word-play and flow on Relapse and especially Recovery, is the best he's ever been. He's broken away from the gimmicky "Hi, My name it!" and "please stand up!" ... "we made you!" ... bs material ... he's come into his own in terms of finally being a "real" rap artist.

Everyone seems to want the old "'cause slim shady... will fu*king kill you..."

What are you talking about. He spit out the craziest shit back in the day. He still spits some crazy stuff but he screams and isn't nearly as smooth as he used to be.

For example, Murder Murder off SSEP:
    Left the keys in the van, with a gat in each hand
    Went up in Eastland and shot a policeman
    **** a peace plan of citizen bystands
    But shit is in my hands, here's your life span
    For what your life's worth this money is twice than
    Grab a couple grand and live a nice land
    See I'm a nice man but money turned me to Satan
    I'm thirsty for this green so bad I'm dehydratin'
    Hurry up with the cash bitch, I got a ride waitin'
    Shot a man twice in the back when he tried escapin'
    I want the whole pie, I won't be denied nathan
    Maybe I need my head inside straightened
    Brain contemplatin', clean out the register
    Dip before somebody catches ya
    Or gets ya description an' sketches ya
    The connection was the prime suspect
    But I ain't set to flee the scene of the crime just yet
    Cuz I got a daughter to feed
    And $200 ain't enough to water the seed
    The best thing would be for me to leave Taco Bell an' hit up Chess King
    And have the lady at the desk bring
    Money from the safe in the back, stepped in wavin' the Mac
    Cooperate and we can operate and save an attack
    This bitch tried escapin' the jack
    Grabbed her by the throat, it's murder she wrote
    You barely heard a word as she choked
    It wasn't nuttin' for her to be smoked
    But I slammed her on her back 'til her vertebrae broke
    Just then the pigs bust in yellin' "Freeze!"
    But I'm already wanted for sellin' keys
    And bunch of other felonies from A to Z like spellin' bees
    So before I dropped to the ground and fell on knees
    I bust shots, they bust back
    Hit the square in the chest, he wasn't wearin' a vest

Then look at this small verse from Bad Meets Evil off SSLP:
    I don't speak, I float in the air wrapped in a sheet
    I'm not a real person, I'm a ghost trapped in a beat
    I translate when my voice is read through a sismograph
    And a noise is bred, picked up and transmitted through Royce's head (AAHHH)
    Trapped him in his room, possessed him and hoist his bed
    Till the evilness flows through his blood like poisonous lead
    Told him each one of his boys is dead

Your telling me as a 'rapper' and 'emcee' that he has gotten better this? His flow used to be so smooth and he could follow the beat instead of screaming and fighting the beat.

What am I talking about? I'm talking about my own personal opinion not being shared by your typical Eminem fan (such as yourself and the other 85% who feel MMLP was his best album, etc etc etc to the other points I've made).

The main focal point of my position is his music is less gimmicky these days are more real. Going from "My Name Is" to "Talkin' 2 Myself" exhibits the evolution in his emcee persona and overall "brand" he offers to the rap game.

I'm simply saying he's moving in the right direction; growing as an artist, etc. - whereas most fans wish upon stars at night praying pretty pretty please let Em go back to his lame, corny Slim Shady LP days where he sounds like a little boy, then turned a little thug on MMLP (which IMO, the persona he presents seems forced and not his true self).

Release and most notably Recovery - Eminem is the most genuine and real he's ever been.

This. I really try my best to get into his music these days, but it feels so different, flat, and tame compared to the past. And it has nothing to do with him being more aggressive in the past, its everything from the lyrics to the sound of the music. Sounds less rap and more of some alternative pop hop.

I know he can still spit with the best of them, but his last two albums haven't delivered.

I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    What am I talking about? I'm talking about my own personal opinion not being shared by your typical Eminem fan (such as yourself and the other 85% who feel MMLP was his best album, etc etc etc to the other points I've made).

The main focal point of my position is his music is less gimmicky these days are more real. Going from "My Name Is" to "Talkin' 2 Myself" exhibits the evolution in his emcee persona and overall "brand" he offers to the rap game.

I'm simply saying he's moving in the right direction; growing as an artist, etc. - whereas most fans wish upon stars at night praying pretty pretty please let Em go back to his lame, corny Slim Shady LP days where he sounds like a little boy, then turned a little thug on MMLP (which IMO, the persona he presents seems forced and not his true self).

Release and most notably Recovery - Eminem is the most genuine and real he's ever been.
    Well if you like the way he's going then how do you feel about his appearance's on Pink and Rihanna's projects. I tried to ignore the fact that they are gonna be pop songs but even then the music is so garbage. WTF is he thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by daballa13
    Well if you like the way he's going then how do you feel about his appearance's on Pink and Rihanna's projects. I tried to ignore the fact that they are gonna be pop songs but even then the music is so garbage. WTF is he thinking.
    I haven't followed his work with either of them. I'm not some die-hard Eminem fan or whatever. I just recognize IMO, he's improving as he progresses and matures.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    This. I really try my best to get into his music these days, but it feels so different, flat, and tame compared to the past. And it has nothing to do with him being more aggressive in the past, its everything from the lyrics to the sound of the music. Sounds less rap and more of some alternative pop hop.

I know he can still spit with the best of them, but his last two albums haven't delivered.
    What is it that doesn't deliver? Eminem's lyrics, flow, delivery? Is it the overall production or "sound" ... "vibe" ... etc. that just doesn't do it for you?