Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Tyreke and Blake Griffin

The more they know the game the worse they get. Great Rookie campaigns but it was all south from there. Both were huge athletes at their position with great know-how of doing their thing there, but have both shrunk severely and seemingly know less about themselves and the game. I never seen anything like them. Are they taking an Anti-steriods?

1. Anybody else like them?
    2. On what teams could they look like their rookie selves?
    3. Have NBA coaches dumbed em down?

Default Re: Tyreke and Blake Griffin

I dont think Blake regressed at all, he has gotten better. it's just that his rookie year he was the go to guy. now he has CP3 and Crawford above him inthe pecking order.

same thing with tyreke

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    I dont think Blake regressed at all, he has gotten better. it's just that his rookie year he was the go to guy. now he has CP3 and Crawford above him inthe pecking order.

same thing with tyreke
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head, stats don't mean everything

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Blake's rebounding is the only thing that seemed to have dipped. I think he was more aggressive as a rookie, but overall he is smarter and more efficient.

Blake's first game though dropped my jaw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcODpwKFhgU

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    The more they know the game the worse they get. Great Rookie campaigns but it was all south from there. Both were huge athletes at their position with great know-how of doing their thing there, but have both shrunk severely and seemingly know less about themselves and the game. I never seen anything like them. Are they taking an Anti-steriods?

I say this in the most non-condescending way, but watch a good sample size of them actually playing the game before making such statements. I can't say anything for Tyreke because I have not watched many Kings games the last 2-3 years, but Blake Griffin is leaps and bounds better this year than during his rookie campaign.

Good High School Starter

Tyreke is playing pretty well this season and not forcing too much.

Try watching a few games rather than just looking at box scores.

This isnt part of the original question, but DeMarcus Cousins could have really used another year or two of college ball to mature. I would love to see him get traded to whatever team Kevin Garnett finishes out his career on. I think Cousins would have to respect KG enough to allow him to help put it together. If that team happens to be say the Spurs with coach Pop...Wow. It would be a shame for Cousins to ruin what could be an amazing career because hes such a wackjob. I hope he figures it out, hes going to be fun to watch if he does.

In before Clippersfan86.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

As stated from most people above, griffin has improved greatly since his rookie season. He's improved his defense greatly and is now knocking down outside jumpers .

Not sure about tyreke though because I haven't had a chance to watch many kings games.

High School Varsity 6th Man Miles and Miles's Avatar

Tyreke isn't a very intelligent person. Teams know what he is going to do about 99% of the time but yet he can't change. I like Tyreke but his game has not developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard

you're just retarded.

Blake doesn't have to shoot as much or play as many minutes because he has good teammates and they're winning games by large margins. His shooting is so much better now. He's a beast

He's also become a positive on defense as opposed to the negative presence he had his rookie year

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Blake's rebounding is the only thing that seemed to have dipped. I think he was more aggressive as a rookie, but overall he is smarter and more efficient.

Blake's first game though dropped my jaw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcODpwKFhgU
    hah funny to watch that video.

The main thing that came to mind watching it was:

"No one in that game any idea how to guard Griffin."

People severely underestimate how much it inhibits players once teams start game planning for them. If teams still played Griffin in that clueless way he'd be dropping 30 a night.

Players improve but defenses improve with them so sometimes it looks like they are less effective stats-wise but they are putting more and more pressure on the defense.

I think Griffin is especially affected by this bc of the spectacular nature of his game. Guys are hyper-aware of him because they don't want to get embarrassed.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Everybody else here is slapping the OP around with knowledge so no need for me to say much other than.. you're an idiot, watch more games. Like a few others have said I'm not sure about Tyreke. He's in such a toxic situation that it's really hard for me to judge him.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Blake has got better. Problem is people saw his rookie season and thought OMGZ goat PF next year he's going to average 25 points per game. The only reason he put up that great of a rookie season was because the Clippers forced him into that role and he was on a lottery team going nowhere and he was extremely talented.

As the team he got better so did he but statistically speaking he never saw the huge spike that some anticipated because while he got better so did the Clippers. Blake doesn't average what he did his rookie season with this team.

I'm sure if the Clippers were still winning 30-40 games he could put up much better numbers, not that he isn't already doing so right now but the type of numbers people expected after his rookie season.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee
    I say this in the most non-condescending way, but watch a good sample size of them actually playing the game before making such statements. I can't say anything for Tyreke because I have not watched many Kings games the last 2-3 years, but Blake Griffin is leaps and bounds better this year than during his rookie campaign.
    Oh, so he's more aggressive? He rebounds better? They were worrying about his conditioning his rookie year? He doubts himself now? His presence is no where near what it was his rookie year. Did I miss every good game? Wow, he's more efficient and picks his spots but when he's not aggressive he's overthinking everything.

Please show me another player who came in at 22.5 and 12.5 and looks like Blake two years later. Please, just name me one. He came in with one of the best rookie campaigns from a modern day PF, it was like TD's. When he's aggressive people say he's the same athlete as Lebron. Right now, that seems like some cruel joke. His assertiveness is like a role players. 18 and 8.5??? He was one of the few that had the promise of a post game. 8.5rebs is garbage. I guess yall would know best but trust me, he was feared at one point. I just don't see him getting 30 and 15 I fully expect that from Kevin Love I expect 15 and 8 from Blake - the guy who came in dominant.