Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ellis vs Curry

Good college starter

Default Ellis vs Curry

I've been thinking about this for a while. I honestly don't think that Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry can co-exist. Curry is a better shooter and passer than Monta Ellis. Monta Ellis didn't want the Warriors to draft another PG. Both of them have somewhat of the same skill set and both are the same height, and weight, but Curry is a better shooter and passer. I think Monta will try to get a trade in the near future.

What do y'all think?

Default Re: Ellis vs Curry

not a big fan of either of them but if i had to choose i would keep monta hes proven that he can shoot a high percentage

curry needs a bunch of shots to get his points

i hate the draft pick of curry,brandon jennings would have been great for us

nobody will know until after the first game is played. Monta is a slasher and depends on getting to the rim, but has devloped a real nice mid range jumper. for a guard to shoot 60% is pretty ridiculous. Monta can't run a team, doesn't pass very well, can't shoot 3's and plays zero d.

As for Curry from what i've seen in summer league, he can't knock down tough 3's, as well as mid range jumpers from off the dribble and spotting up. He can also dish the rock. I've also noticed that he can finsh pretty well at the rim. I think it will be interesting to see how they use him. If they bring him off the bench and let him play the 2 with Acie Law or Monta at the 1, or if they have him play the 1 and let monta played the 2 and be on a rotation with Law/Watson.

I usually hit open layups

Not a big fan of them either, but Curry has much more to build on than Monta Ellis. Ellis, at this point of his career, relies solely on his athleticism and speed. He's a below average ball handler for a guard and doesn't show much intelligence when it comes to basketball. Curry isn't as fast or athletic, but he relies on his basketball skills to put up points. In the long run, Curry will be a better player. I think that he can learn the PG role and become a decent passer. He could be a Sacramento version of Mike Bibby and be a 18 points and 6.5 assists a game player.

I'd be happy if Ellis demands a trade, especially soon because he still has some value. Who knows what this season will be like for him. He may struggle and turn into an overpaid player that the Warriors couldn't move if they wanted to. The problem is, I don't think Curry would want to be here long term either and may look to bolt after his rookie contract is over.

These guys are both turnover machines who can't defend shyt. Both seem fitted for the 6th man role... not starting PG or SG.

stephen curry has disapointing thus far hes suppose to be a shooter but he sucks so far he shoots a lot of good shots but just doesnt make any of them

ellis is showing how he played in the 07-08 season his mid range shot is awsome

Jackson and Ellis have always been my favorite Warriors... so it's a give in who I pick.

Ellis might not be a PG whatsoever, and his defense might be suspect, but atleast he's not a ball dominant guard. I hate guards who are only effective if they have the ball in their hands 75% of the time. Ellis plays well off the ball, spotting up for mid range jumpers or coming off curls, he's probably a top 3 guard at cuts to the basket & off the ball, and he's still young, so he should have at the very least 5-6 more years of peak athleticism (which would take him to the end of his contract).

I like Curry also, and thought he would be more like a Mo Williams in the NBA, but we'll have to see how he develops.

Stephen Curry has a high IQ and is coachable. He is skinny and weak, as are most of the Warriors but he is a smart player with quick hands and will make the adjustment defensively. Monta Ellis's nickname is M.E. Nuff said. He's great in the open court but sometimes he reminds me of Allen Iverson and not in a good way. If he's not happy I'd deal him. He could become a cancer.

BTW the real stud is Anthony Morrow.

Learning to shoot layups GSW1984's Avatar

Id Take a Developed Stephen Curry over a Developed Monta Ellis any day..... Stephen Curry has more upside than Monta does.

Good college starter

Stephen Curry is an underrated passer. I think Monta Ellis is going to be gone when summer comes. Everybody has been talking about how Stephen Curry was shooting like crap in the preseason. The reason for that was because he's been hitting the weights more. I had the link on it but it wasn't working. He been hitting the weights more than what he did in college. He trying to beef up cause he's only 6'3 178lbs. Once Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis are gone, I hope Curry and Morrow play together more in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Stephen Curry is an underrated passer. I think Monta Ellis is going to be gone when summer comes. Everybody has been talking about how Stephen Curry was shooting like crap in the preseason. The reason for that was because he's been hitting the weights more. I had the link on it but it wasn't working. He been hitting the weights more than what he did in college. He trying to beef up cause he's only 6'3 178lbs. Once Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis are gone, I hope Curry and Morrow play together more in the near future.
    ya that actually makes sense i read the article Don Nelson has told curry to go to a light lift workout since he was going all out

I usually hit open layups

From listening to Curry in interviews, he seems as if he wants to become a pass first guards. He talks about finding teammates and creating easy shots for them in their favorite spots. When you listen to Monta speak, its always about him. Its all about the mentality and intelligence. Curry has that and Monta doesn't.

Good college starter

The Warriors managament would consider trading Monta or Stephon to get a superstar player and managment believes that 2 small guards are a liabilty on defense.

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawak...nclick_check=1

Banned

[COLOR="Black"]GOLDEN STATE OF MINE, 1 LIFE 2 LIVE!![/COLOR]

Layups I usually hit yhaanraads's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSW1984
    Id Take a Developed Stephen Curry over a Developed Monta Ellis any day..... Stephen Curry has more upside than Monta does.
    Curry has bad ankles. And is to small do defend the SG. So I would pick monta instead of Stephen.