Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default "Durant Will be the #1 Pick If He Comes Out This Year" - James Worty

Greg Oden is still the favorite, though
    Last edited by insidehoops; 03-14-2007 at 01:27 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: "Durant Will be the #1 Pick If He Comes Out This Year" - James Worty

You fail to take into account that Greg Oden has publically said he does not feel NBA ready and does not want to embarrass himself.

Root Of All Evil

Default Re: "Durant Will be the #1 Pick If He Comes Out This Year" - James Worty

Hell yeah he will be. Dude is a 6'9 / 6'10, more athletic version of Dirk Nowitzki. Actually, he's like a combo of T-Mac and Dirk. He's obviously got more toughness and grit to him then Dirk, and he also has much better ball handling (similar to T-Mac). Kid is going to be a beast. He is the PLAYER OF THE YEAR as a freshman. Dude put up 37 points and 22 boards against Texas Tech. That's F'ing BONKERS. His game, as of right now, would be more adaptable to the NBA game then Oden's game. Oden, even though his hand has been busted, still needs another year to further enhance his offensive game ... which would in effect make him an even more dominating precense come the time he enters the NBA.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

I'm not even going to step into this conversation, because I said this weeks ago and got blasted......

Durant is a black athletic Dirk with a dash of Tmac....
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 03-14-2007 at 11:06 AM.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    Durant is a black athletic Dirk with a dash of Tmac....
    I had heard awhile ago that they used to have a real 'tight' relationship.

Kevin Durant = T-Mac and Dirk's love child ???

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    I had heard awhile ago that they used to have a real 'tight' relationship.

Kevin Durant = T-Mac and Dirk's love child ???

I would love to respond, but since I'm from TEXAS people call me a homer, even though this kid is blowing away every record set by a freshman, scores almost 2x the points as Oden and out rebounds him, and single handedly rewrote the big 12 record books. Whoever has the #1 or 2 pick in this draft...........your damn lucky
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 03-14-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Root Of All Evil

Seriously...

Local High School Star

Yes Durant should be number one even if Oden did come out I would take Durant. Kid is good at this stage he reminds of like what Rashard Lewis was suppose to be if he fulfilled all of his potential!

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Hell yeah he will be. Dude is a 6'9 / 6'10, more athletic version of Dirk Nowitzki. Actually, he's like a combo of T-Mac and Dirk. He's obviously got more toughness and grit to him then Dirk, and he also has much better ball handling (similar to T-Mac). Kid is going to be a beast. He is the PLAYER OF THE YEAR as a freshman. Dude put up 37 points and 22 boards against Texas Tech. That's F'ing BONKERS. His game, as of right now, would be more adaptable to the NBA game then Oden's game. Oden, even though his hand has been busted, still needs another year to further enhance his offensive game ... which would in effect make him an even more dominating precense come the time he enters the NBA.
    Blah, blah, blah...who cares about breaking individual records? Oden has single handily changed the way the opposition gameplans for Ohio State. They don't know how to deal with that guy. He controls the defensive end and allows the offense to fluidily flow on offense. C'mon guy, get a clue.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Blah, blah, blah...who cares about breaking individual records? Oden has single handily changed the way the opposition gameplans for Ohio State. They don't know how to deal with that guy. He controls the defensive end and allows the offense to fluidily flow on offense. C'mon guy, get a clue.
    And Kevin Durant does the exact same thing. Except Durant dominates on the boards, AND ON offense. Oden doesn't dominate on offense yet, so therefore as of right now Durant is the more complete player. Not to mention, has way more upside considering he is still young, and his body hasn't even filled out yet. You aser severely underestimating Kevin Durant. And judging by the thread you made, and your tone considering this stud who everyone expects to head on to NBA stardom, I bet its you feeling threatned he will be a better swingman than your favorite player ... LeBron James. And the kid very well could be. We'll see how he handles the pressure of March Madness. But this kid's combo of size, quickness, and basketball skills is unbelievable. He can play any position PG - PF. He's that talented. He's got the quickness and first step of a SG, he's got the athleticism of a T-Mac, and he's got the length and mean stroke of a Dirk Nowitzki. He literally is like the combo of those two GREAT NBA players.

Face it, Kevin Durant is going to be a forced to be reakoned with. Don't be scared, and don't be an idiot. If Oden stays in college, this kid is a clear cut #1 pick. Even if Oden declared for the Draft, there still would be heavy conversation on who would be the #1 pick. Let's be honest, you're not qualified to talk about this kind of stuff because you are a Kevin Durant *****.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

And Kevin Durant does the exact same thing. Except Durant dominates on the boards, AND ON offense. Oden doesn't dominate on offense yet, so therefore as of right now Durant is the more complete player. Not to mention, has way more upside considering he is still young, and his body hasn't even filled out yet. You aser severely underestimating Kevin Durant. And judging by the thread you made, and your tone considering this stud who everyone expects to head on to NBA stardom, I bet its you feeling threatned he will be a better swingman than your favorite player ... LeBron James. And the kid very well could be. We'll see how he handles the pressure of March Madness. But this kid's combo of size, quickness, and basketball skills is unbelievable. He can play any position PG - PF. He's that talented. He's got the quickness and first step of a SG, he's got the athleticism of a T-Mac, and he's got the length and mean stroke of a Dirk Nowitzki. He literally is like the combo of those two GREAT NBA players.

Face it, Kevin Durant is going to be a forced to be reakoned with. Don't be scared, and don't be an idiot. If Oden stays in college, this kid is a clear cut #1 pick. Even if Oden declared for the Draft, there still would be heavy conversation on who would be the #1 pick. Let's be honest, you're not qualified to talk about this kind of stuff because you are a Kevin Durant *****.
    PB's sad purpose in life is to boost up anything and anyone in the state of Ohio. Please don't be too hard on him, unless you're a mod, in which case, ban the **** already.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    PB's sad purpose in life is to boost up anything and anyone in the state of Ohio. Please don't be too hard on him, unless you're a mod, in which case, ban the **** already.
    LOL ... I was like, where is he coming up with this crazy talk ...

LOL ... I was like, where is he coming up with this crazy talk ...
    You missed it befopre OSU played in the National title game he was screaming Troy Smith the #1 pick. OSU gets slapped, Troy Smith performs badly PB went M.I.A. And he doesnt even type Troy Smith name no more. He doesnt type OSU football anymore. He is clueless to college football. His reply when he was proven wrong that LSU and USC shared a national title was "I dont pay attention to no one outside of the Big Ten". When proven wrong about teams in the Big Ten he replies "I only care about OSU". But since OSU lost he doesnt speak much about anything that deals with OSU football. Not potential nfl draft picks, outlook for next year...does he know who the starting QB is without researching it? No he doesnt. Ask him where he sees Troy Smith going. Ask him how good he thinks Troy Smith is. But fire be sure to supply a link that includes a brief bio of Troy Smith because PB already forget this man exists. He'll say "Who" so you're gonna have to show him who then wait until he says "Oh yea".

So now he is on this OSU college bball talk when the year before? He spoke nothing of the team. And when the team gets upsetted he'll forget he was cheering them on and you wont hear a peep bout the team. You may hear Greg Oden talks until Greg Oden leaves. You'll see what I'm talkin bout the more this jackass exposes himself. Most here know his MO.

Decent playground baller

anybody else think that Durant could Carmelo-ize Texas this year?

If you needed to draw comparisons to the supporting cast...

D.J. Augustin as G-Mac

Damion James as Hakim Warrick

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I really hope the Knicks get the first or second pick so then the Bulls will get it.