Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: "Fans know nothing about basketball" - Barkley.. Dude is correct

Of course fans don't know much about basketball. Especially those who have never played. There are people who have played the game. Then there are people who have played it at an NBA level.
    I always frown upon those who try to analyze the game using math and stats. Such a ridiculous way.
    Basketball is a rytham game. So similar to dancing in a lot of ways. It's something you must feel. Those that have never played the game can't feel it. Those who have never played at an NBA level can't feel it as much as those who did.

For example, I remember when all Laker fans hated Odom yet he was always the favorite for all of his teammates to play with. They loved playing with him. He made it easier for his teammates. Fans had no way of feeling that and noticing that.
    D

So many people who have never played can't notice some of the basics, the way the olayer drives for example. Does he handle the ball below his knees. Ar his shoulder lower than the shoulder of his defender. Does the ballhandler dance with the ball etc. So many stuff, fans have no idea about.

Players know about the "tactics" of basketball but most of them (including Barkley) seem to know little about the grander strategy of putting a team together and organizing them.

It's like saying the guys putting the cars together know more than the CEOs. They probably do about some things but their focus is too narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo
    : that just nice way say that realgm fan dont not know a shits about basketballs . barkley know that forums full retarts with none brain . i FK** GUARANTEE TO YOU that barkley is member to these forums. and i have suspicion that person is.. so dont fk** say that insidehoop dont nokw what your talk about becuse it probably fk ** barkley that make some thhese thred man . dont EVER compare to us to earlgm or i well punch your fk** face
    The **** did I just read?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    The **** did I just read?
    He's one of the more knowledgeable poster in ish, as you can see by all his green bars. I respect what he said.

Kobe Stans runined basketball.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i thought it would be something worthwhile. im not gonna waste my time watching first take.

Ahh, you really missing a lot. Not the show, obviously which is the biggest trash ever I agree, but, man, Cuban said some awesome things about fans and sports media..