Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can you make a case for Justice Winslow as the number 1 pick?

As much as we are in love with Okafor and Towns, Winslow seems to have the sick athletic package, good size, great motor, good defensive instincts and a solid foundation on a jumper.

I could see him moving up to one or two if he impresses in the workouts. Looks like this class is getting interesting. I'm starting to think Towns will end up number 1(I think he may end up being a knock down shooter) but this kid could be special. I think the increased spacing in the half court will really help him and I expect some sick baseline dunks from him.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 04-05-2015 at 08:39 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Can you make a case for Justice Winslow as the number 1 pick?

Sure.

I'd take him number 1.

I think he's a lock to be a very good player as worst case scenario with the upside to be a guy like a hybrid between Leonard/Wade/Harden.

He could easily be a 20/5/5 good to great defense playing wing in the NBA for a decade.

Will that happen? Who knows, but he's got the size, strength, skill, and athleticism to make it work in the NBA. He also seems like he's tough as shit.

Banned

Okafor and Towns are the undisputed top 2, regardless who drafts.

Still, he'll look fantastic in a Lakers jersey.

Zero case can be made for Winslow at #1.

Willie Cauley-Stein will have a better NBA career than Justice Is-slow

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Sure.

I'd take him number 1.

I think he's a lock to be a very good player as worst case scenario with the upside to be a guy like a hybrid between Leonard/Wade/Harden.

He could easily be a 20/5/5 good to great defense playing wing in the NBA for a decade.

Will that happen? Who knows, but he's got the size, strength, skill, and athleticism to make it work in the NBA. He also seems like he's tough as shit.
    yea, I agree with easily. And his upside is an even better scorer who has the ability to get big time buckets due to his elite athleticism and slashing ability.

Winslow is the type of guy where it may be hard to project him over a talented big, but when he gets to the pros he shows out. But he could also just end up another guy. Okafor and Towns will at least be very good(Okafor an all star at min).
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 04-05-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Zero case can be made for Winslow at #1.
    ????

The NBA has changed....wings are dominating. Winslow has the potential to be an elite two way wing in the NBA for a long long time.

Should he go 1? I'm not sure, but a team already with bigs set...why would they take Okafor or Towns?

Very good NBA starter

Yea if the knicks get the #1 pick and are dumb enough to draft him

National High School Star

????

The NBA has changed....wings are dominating. Winslow has the potential to be an elite two way wing in the NBA for a long long time.

Should he go 1? I'm not sure, but a team already with bigs set...why would they take Okafor or Towns?
    Yeah but... These two could be the start of taking the power away from the wing players and bringing it back to the big men.

I don't think teams pass these guys up, those two could be franchise players, Winslow is more the "next tier down", imo.

????

Bigs hold more value than wings. Okafor was the top pick majority of the season, towns came along to compete with his play since Feb. Russell came from out of nowhere start of season and gradually positioned himself in the top 4. If you're in love with Winslow you don't take him 1 regardless you draft BPA and then trade back to get your guy and then some.

March madness is here and Winslow jumps to #1? How?

What teams in the lottery would take him 1? Let's use ur example and say they are set at bigs. So Winslow over russell and mudiay?

Seems like a knee jerk reaction to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sportal
    Yeah but... These two could be the start of taking the power away from the wing players and bringing it back to the big men.

I don't think teams pass these guys up, those two could be franchise players, Winslow is more the "next tier down", imo.
    You remember a guy named Greg Oden? A guy better than both of these two guys?

Look...I'm not gonna argue and say there is a clear cut answer.

But absolutely a case can be made that with the clear changing of the NBA and the history of big men having injury problems...a guy like Winslow should go 1.

Would I? Sure...unless my team needed other things.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Bigs hold more value than wings. Okafor was the top pick majority of the season, towns came along to compete with his play since Feb. Russell came from out of nowhere start of season and gradually positioned himself in the top 4. If you're in love with Winslow you don't take him 1 regardless you draft BPA and then trade back to get your guy and then some.

March madness is here and Winslow jumps to #1? How?

What teams in the lottery would take him 1? Let's use ur example and say they are set at bigs. So Winslow over russell and mudiay?

Seems like a knee jerk reaction to me
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I've had Winslow at the top since early on in the season.

As for your hypothetical...lets say the Pelicans get the number 1 pick someway. Yes, I'd take Winslow over everyone. I do love Mudiay though...not as high on Russell as you seem to be.

I want him in Orlando.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    As much as we are in love with Okafor and Towns, Winslow seems to have the sick athletic package, good size, great motor, good defensive instincts and a solid foundation on a jumper.

I could see him moving up to one or two if he impresses in the workouts. Looks like this class is getting interesting. I'm starting to think Towns will end up number 1(I think he may end up being a knock down shooter) but this kid could be special. I think the increased spacing in the half court will really help him and I expect some sick baseline dunks from him.

Ohh....?

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Willie Cauley-Stein will have a better NBA career than Justice Is-slow

Best case scenario for WCS:Ben Wallace

Superb defender and a perennial DPOY pick....garbage on offense