Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Better Scorer: Kobe vs LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Lebron averages more points than Kobe in the regular season, playoffs, finals, All star game, and in FIBA Competitions.
    this

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Made this thread after reading posts, from mostly Lebron fans, claiming their guy was a better scorer because of efficiency in the regular-season and playoffs (marginal if you go by TS%).

Am I "trolling" for thinking Kobe is a flat out better scorer AND its not all that close? I mean aside from the 30/40/50 point games he has on Lebron, Kobe also has A LOT more scoring records and played in a tougher, competitive conference while achieving his feats.

62 in 3 quarters
    81 point game
    4 straight 50 point games
    (all in good efficiency)

You're not trolling to think that, but it's also not trolling to think that LeBron is a better scorer. From a pure scoreboard impact perspective, LeBron does have an edge in volume and efficiency. Kobe strikes me as deadlier when he's hot, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Lebron averages more points than Kobe in the regular season, playoffs, finals, All star game, and in FIBA Competitions.
    As much as people say "stat watcher" and "stats don't say everything", well they do speak for themselves and they give a good indication of things.

For as much as Bron has struggled to score, Kobe has just as much. When it happens to a "scorer" like Kobe, it is viewed as something he can shoot his way out of, or just a funk. When it happens to Bron, we view it as a weakness because his all around game is there, and we view it as something he needs to get on par with the rest of his game.

The stats tell us he scores more in every competition and level of basketball. That means something. It just does.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    this
    Thats why you guys are fan of a 2/6 coz you dont know eye test. Or in other words, you dont know jack shit about basketball my friend.

Some of the responses in this thread

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    As much as people say "stat watcher" and "stats don't say everything", well they do speak for themselves and they give a good indication of things.

For as much as Bron has struggled to score, Kobe has just as much. When it happens to a "scorer" like Kobe, it is viewed as something he can shoot his way out of, or just a funk. When it happens to Bron, we view it as a weakness because his all around game is there, and we view it as something he needs to get on par with the rest of his game.

The stats tell us he scores more in every competition and level of basketball. That means something. It just does.
    Why bran is 2/6? Coz bran cant score against elite teams like san antonio/dallas/gsw. The same teams that kobe regularly destroy. If thats not enough proof that kobe is a better scorer, then youre a dumbass of the highest level.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Lebron's first sting in Cleveland isn't the only time he's been without Wade and Bosh, you have to include last years playoffs

all you have to do is scroll down to "playoffs advanced" and see that for the 6 years Lebron has played with the Cavs in the playoffs his TS% = 54%

Last year in the playoffs Lebron shot 48% TS. In the 2014 playoffs he shot 67% TS

a difference of almost 19%, so I was actually off and gave Lebron more credit than he deserved

Lebron TS in the regular season 14 = 65%, in 15 = 58%

7% Difference.

it's on bball reference for you to see for yourself

Don't call my shit fake just because your a dumbass who can't read/ look at stats properly
    1. You never said playoffs

2. Kobe had Shaq...and then Gasol, Odom, and Bynum

3. If you're logic is that it is hard for a player to shoot a great TS% without good players, then this means Lebron shooting at 56% TS with Daniel Gibson and Mo Williams as his Scottie Pippen in his first stint in Cleveland is certainly more impressive than Kobe shooting 56 % TS with Gasol and Odom. But hey, this is your logic, not mine

4. In 2012, Bosh was out for half the playoffs and injured for another quarter of the playoffs.

5. Lebron was at 60% TS during his two peak years in his first stint at Cleveland in the playoffs...Wade and Bosh were not on that team

Banned

Only thing LeBron can do better than Kobe in terms of scoring is be more efficient but that's also because LeBron's better inside the paint. Outside shot, mid-range, post moves, FT...all day Kobe.

LeBron's more of a streaky shooter too, and can't shoot himself out of a slump like Kobe can.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I'll explain what I mean a bit better.

I'm not sure what year it was at Miami, but they were something like 50 games into the season, and Bron just scored 40 something. He was averaging 27ppg at the time or something. At that point the commentator mentioned that it was his first 40 point game of the season.

To me, that speaks consistency, and level output. Kobe was more erratic, and not as consistent. One night he'd give you 42, then 15 on an off shooting night the next one, then 39 again, then 22, etc. Bron during his best periods was extremely consistent. You pretty much knew he'd give you 25-30 points every night.

this whole schtik of "One night he's great the other he isn't" that you are trying to place on Kobe while acting like Lebron never had an off night is really off

Kobe has multiple months of averaging 40ppg on 58% TS, 61% TS and 62% TS. That is a level of scoring consistency + efficiency that Lebron has never reached

you talk of consistency, but in the playoffs during their finals runs as the teams best player Kobe was the more consistent scoring

Lebron in 2011 PO = 23.7ppg 2012 PO = 30ppg , 2013 = 25.6ppg, 2014 = 27 ppg, 2015 = 30 ppg (albeit on 48% TS)

how is that more consistent than Kobe?

08 = 30ppg, 09 = 30ppg, 10 = 29 ppg

Kobe's stayed at ~30ppg on 56% TS while Lebron's went everywhere from 24ppg to 30ppg on great efficiency to 25ppg to 30ppg on Iverson level efficiency

Lebron has never averaged 40 for a month, Kobe has done that 3 times, Lebron has never put together b2b 30ppg post seasons while making the finals, Kobe has.

to me that speaks consistency

Kobe scores when it matters, clutch, and winner.

lebron stat-padder, cracks under pressure, and loser.

that simple

this whole schtik of "One night he's great the other he isn't" that you are trying to place on Kobe while acting like Lebron never had an off night is really off

Kobe has multiple months of averaging 40ppg on 58% TS, 61% TS and 62% TS. That is a level of scoring consistency + efficiency that Lebron has never reached

you talk of consistency, but in the playoffs during their finals runs as the teams best player Kobe was the more consistent scoring

Lebron in 2011 PO = 23.7ppg 2012 PO = 30ppg , 2013 = 25.6ppg, 2014 = 27 ppg, 2015 = 30 ppg (albeit on 48% TS)

how is that more consistent than Kobe?

08 = 30ppg, 09 = 30ppg, 10 = 29 ppg

Kobe's stayed at ~30ppg on 56% TS while Lebron's went everywhere from 24ppg to 30ppg on great efficiency to 25ppg to 30ppg on Iverson level efficiency

Lebron has never averaged 40 for a month, Kobe has done that 3 times, Lebron has never put together b2b 30ppg post seasons while making the finals, Kobe has.

to me that speaks consistency
    I'm talking over the scope of an entire season, not career. Over your career things will change in terms of your role and how much you need from each player.

If someone averages 30ppg during a season, and they have a month or stretch of 45ppg, that means there is a chance there are more statistical anomalies on the other side of the spectrum (lower than 30ppg) as well.

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    Kobe scores when it matters, clutch, and winner.

lebron stat-padder, cracks under pressure, and loser.

that simple
    So let's ignore all clutch stats that completely contradict that.

Lebron is the best elimination games and game 7 performer stat wise while Kobe is known to struggle in game 7s.

Keep talking out your ass though

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

3. If you're logic is that it is hard for a player to shoot a great TS% without good players, then this means Lebron shooting at 56% TS with Daniel Gibson and Mo Williams as his Scottie Pippen in his first stint in Cleveland is certainly more impressive than Kobe shooting 56 % TS with Gasol and Odom. But hey, this is your logic, not mine

4. In 2012, Bosh was out for half the playoffs and injured for another quarter of the playoffs.

5. Lebron was at 60% TS during his two peak years in his first stint at Cleveland in the playoffs...Wade and Bosh were not on that team
    yes i did you just can't read

His FG% dropped 16% from the 14 playoffs to the 15 playoffs.
    typical bran stan, anyways, good thing Lebron has spent 6 straight years of his prime with 2 all stars by his side then huh?

If you're logic is that it is hard for a player to shoot a great TS% without good players, then this means Lebron shooting at 56% TS with Daniel Gibson and Mo Williams as his Scottie Pippen in his first stint in Cleveland is certainly more impressive than Kobe shooting 56 % TS with Gasol and Odom. But hey, this is your logic, not mine
    Playing alongside great offensive players will open up the offense and make it easier to score, This isn't "my logic" this is just how f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]king basketball works

2012 playoffs

Lebron TS = 60% in round 1, 55.7% in round 2.

I'll let you guess which series Bosh missed

Lebron was at 60% TS during his two peak years in his first stint at Cleveland in the playoffs...Wade and Bosh were not on that team
    neither of those runs even went more than 15 games. I'm more interested in what they did over the course of a finals run

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

When hot Kobe's the more explosive scorer, too bad he's cold more than he's hot. Hence his low scoring efficiency. Blame his selfishness and low BBall IQ. Overall Lebron is way better as averaged more points on much better %, WTF else do you need to come to a conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    So let's ignore all clutch stats that completely contradict that.

Lebron is the best elimination games and game 7 performer stat wise while Kobe is known to struggle in game 7s.

Keep talking out your ass though
    5 minutes of game 7 against: Bonzi Wells, Rasheed Wallace, Damon Stoudamire, Steve Smith, Detlef Schrempf, Sabonis, Pippen, and Grant = lebeon career.