Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Chandler Parsons feels disrespected by DJ situation

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I think this is a bit different from your average Joe working accepting a $50k/yr job offer from company B after he previously interviewed & accepted a job offer from company A the week before. Higher stakes involved and some of these teams are planning their whole offseason around this move.

I just think it's funny how childish DJ was in the first place. He wanted to leave LA because he felt disrespected CP3 didn't give him a handshake after timeouts? Felt disrespected because coach told him to work on his free throws? DJ sounds like a beta.
    Higher stakes? It's fcking basketball dude. The stakes couldn't be lower.

Did you think Zayn Malik leaving One Direction was a big deal?

NBA rookie of the year

Mad Af, but ether tho

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Anyone who spends more than two or three years having to be independent in the real world knows that this shit happens ALL the time. Until there is a legal binding contract, there is NOTHING of real value stopping a renege. It's delusional to think that ethics and 'your word' can stop a man from changing his mind. Maybe they think that they're protected under the national spotlight from this happening, but it's too naive to expect to be safe. Hopefully a lesson learnt for everyone involved that the world isn't a nice place where people are expected to live by their word.
    I actually do think it's them thinking they are in heavy spotlight that things like this are foreign to them. It reminds me of the time Gilbert Arenas questioned being arrested for disturbing the peace because he proclaimed that he was a basketball player. Or when Carlos Boozer lied to a blind man about staying in Cleveland because it was his word.

And I agree, hopefully this is a lesson for the Mavericks and the rest of the league. Sign the contract and get it done.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Higher stakes? It's fcking basketball dude. The stakes couldn't be lower.

Did you think Zayn Malik leaving One Direction was a big deal?
    I understand that it's just basketball but there's million dollars pending on this decision. If DJ stays put then Dallas rebuilds/tanks which means they will trade their players, lose on purpose(dip in attendance, loss revenue, etc) while LA still remains a championship contender. Maybe Dallas says no to the Wes Matthews contract(unlikely) or maybe they go after Hibbert(Which LAL traded for) and it has an effect on the market.

To me I don't give a **** but to these organizations it has an impact(for some of the teams). I know it's not the same impact as lets say some major political figure changing parties or quitting but this decision still has alot of money behind it.

Parsons' mistake was thinking that negros are capable of understanding/upholding the concept of honor

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Maybe Dallas says no to the Wes Matthews contract(unlikely)

But the Matthews contract was offered before they had DJ agree to terms.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I understand that it's just basketball but there's million dollars pending on this decision. If DJ stays put then Dallas rebuilds/tanks which means they will trade their players, lose on purpose(dip in attendance, loss revenue, etc) while LA still remains a championship contender. Maybe Dallas says no to the Wes Matthews contract(unlikely) or maybe they go after Hibbert(Which LAL traded for) and it has an effect on the market.

To me I don't give a **** but to these organizations it has an impact(for some of the teams). I know it's not the same impact as lets say some major political figure changing parties or quitting but this decision still has alot of money behind it.
    We signed Wes before the first DJ decision. Wes's contract was 57 million if DJ comes and 70 million if he didn't.

We could have added Hibbert and gone after other guys though...that part is correct.

But Tyson was already gone and Wes was already signed by the time DJ made his first decision.

And to be honest...it's probably better this way...trying to patch together a team and wasting money is probably the worst option for our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Parsons' mistake was thinking that negros are capable of understanding/upholding the concept of honor
    Damn..

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    We signed Wes before the first DJ decision. Wes's contract was 57 million if DJ comes and 70 million if he didn't.

We could have added Hibbert and gone after other guys though...that part is correct.

But Tyson was already gone and Wes was already signed by the time DJ made his first decision.

And to be honest...it's probably better this way...trying to patch together a team and wasting money is probably the worst option for our team.
    But wasn't that just an agreement to sign or a promise similar to DJ's as players can't be signed until the 8th? What's stopping Dallas from rescinding their contract to Wes last night after they heard DJ pulled out? Am i missing something here?

But wasn't that just an agreement to sign or a promise similar to DJ's as players can't be signed until the 8th? What's stopping Dallas from rescinding their contract to Wes last night after they heard DJ pulled out? Am i missing something here?

You are missing a thing called "integrity"...

You don't screw someone else over just because you get screwed over....or at least I would argue that one shouldn't.

We should honor our deal with Wes regardless of what else happens because it's the right thing to do.

lol @ people saying "get over it" and "move on" when this shit JUST happened last night.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    [/B]

You are missing a thing called "integrity"...

You don't screw someone else over just because you get screwed over....or at least I would argue that one shouldn't.

We should honor our deal with Wes regardless of what else happens because it's the right thing to do.
    I understand that it's extremely unprofessional(not advocating they do it) I was just trying to state that Dallas could theoretically do the same with Wes to prove my point earlier that this decision had big implications to some of the teams.

I understand that it's extremely unprofessional(not advocating they do it) I was just trying to state that Dallas could theoretically do the same with Wes to prove my point earlier that this decision had big implications to some of the teams.

Yes, but a team doing that would kill their rep....players would not want to go there for years.

A player backing out is a completely different situation.

Think about it...a team makes way more deals and if their integrity is questioned...it's a huge deal.

DJ will what? Maybe sign 2 more contracts for his career? The ramifications for him just don't even register to the damage the Mavs would do the franchise if they went back on their word.

You are right that it's a huge deal...this summer has likely decimated the Mavs for years to come.

There are some scenarios where it's not horrible, but they involve a ton of luck.

cuban said DJ is the next kwame