Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phil Jackson defends his stance on 3 pointers, claims "goink" was not a typo

Q. In the middle of the playoffs, you took to Twitter to ask N.B.A. analysts to give you “some diagnostics” on how 3-point-oriented teams were faring. It struck most as a criticism of teams like the Warriors who take a lot of 3-point shots. You asked, “How’s it goink?” What was that about?

JACKSON: They have all these analysts. I just wanted to see someone come back to me with statistics: Is 3-point shooting in the playoffs as consistent as it is in the regular season? Does your 3-point-shooting percentage change because you’re in the playoffs? No one figured that one out. And that’s probably me being obtuse to leave it open at the end. But “goink” is one of those New York expressions that we use, and I will tell you this: I learned something. Someone sent me the fact that if you look it up on Urban Dictionary, you’ll find out what it means in today’s society.

Q. Should I look?

JACKSON: Well, it’s rather bizarre to say the least.

Q. So it wasn’t just a typo?

JACKSON: “Goink” is a castoff expression, right? Instead of, “How’s it going?,” it’s, “How’s it goink?” It turned out to be either a combination of a mixed ethnic group: part Korean, part Chinese. Or it’s a vernacular term for how do you deal with a sexual partner.

Q. That was not your intention though?

JACKSON: No, I had no idea.
    http://deadspin.com/what-the-hell-is...out-1712566653

Here's the urban dictionary definition:
    “To place both your balls in a partners mouth, then repeatedly slap their nose with your tumescent ***** in a vigorous manner, preferably whilst waving your other arm in the air.”

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Phil Jackson defends his stance on 3 pointers, claims "goink" was not a typo

Meanwhile, Steve Kerr is having a championship parade.

Default Re: Phil Jackson defends his stance on 3 pointers, claims "goink" was not a typo

Knicks still running the triangle.

That's hilarious. I thought Daryl Morey was bad, but Jackson tweets like a bleacherreport poster.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    http://deadspin.com/what-the-hell-is...out-1712566653

Here's the urban dictionary definition:

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

New gameshow pitch. "What the Fucc did Phil Jackson just say?

Contestants must read a random tweet from Phil Jackson and attempt to explain what the hell is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    That's hilarious. I thought Daryl Morey was bad, but Jackson tweets like a bleacherreport poster.
    What does Morey do?

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

I read somewhere that Phil said he thought he wouldve won some Exec GM votes ?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    New gameshow pitch. "What the Fucc did Phil Jackson just say?

Contestants must read a random tweet from Phil Jackson and attempt to explain what the hell is going on.

I bet that's goink to be hard!

cant believe MJ and Kobe carried this idiot to championships. luckiest HC of all-time.

NBA lottery pick

I

[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    What does Morey do?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Phil's a genius.