Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Who's going to be better? Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis?

potential is such a 4 letter word. I think Drummond has a much higher potential ceiling than Davis, I see Davis somewhere between Camby and KG but closer to Camby. I see Drummand closer to a larger McDyess I dont think he'll have any problem averaging a double double with a block and a half a game. Hes been close to that in about 16-18 minutes a game in the preseason. Both will help their teams, but Drummond will have a greater impact on games. Nice to see Dumars hit on a draft pick again

Preseason was impresive for Andre. Davis is a very good player also. It doesnt matter how good they look right now since they're both pretty raw. It will be interesting to see how they develop on their teams. In my opinion, Andre has better odds to develop in Detroit but only time will tell, right now we can only speculate and it can go each way, easily.

Banned

The dude's gonna be a beast!!!! My vote goes to Andre Drummond!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_7vKFDchI4

LMAO at totally shitting on Charlie Villanueva!!!
    Last edited by tikay0; 10-27-2012 at 04:05 PM.

anthony davis is there in every draft, skinny guy with long arms

drummond is a freak of nature, to be that big 300+lbs and move like a guard, last one i can remember was shaq that can move like this.

Drummond.

These two have insane potential, but IF (big if) Drummond reaches his potential then he will definately be better than Davis if (smaller if) he reaches his full potential.

Drummond is boom or bust, Davis is boom or above average. That's one of the reasons I think Davis will be better realistically speaking, but if Drummond ever sniffs his true potential then he will likely be the best player in the NBA, where as if Davis ever hits his full potential then he will be a top 5 player.

May not seem like a big difference, but we're talking about the difference between LeBron, and Westbrook.

AD's statline from last night- 24pts 11rbs 3stls 1blk and only 1 foul. Kid hardly has any postgame and has an inconsistent jump shot. He's only 19. Give him a couple years to develop a post game and a jumper and its no contest who will be better.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzav323
    AD's statline from last night- 24pts 11rbs 3stls 1blk and only 1 foul. Kid hardly has any postgame and has an inconsistent jump shot. He's only 19. Give him a couple years to develop a post game and a jumper and its no contest who will be better.
    He also let Bosh go off for a similar stat line so nothing to right home about for the supposedly elite post defender. All bigs go off on Miami's undersized front court.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

without if's davis for me ... with if's drummong :)

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    The dude's gonna be a beast!!!! My vote goes to Andre Drummond!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_7vKFDchI4

LMAO at totally shitting on Charlie Villanueva!!!
    Wow great mix! I truly believe that Drummond has a chance to be the next truly dominant center (better than Howard). He has great hands, foot work and athleticism that are extremely hard to come by for a center his size. Cousins is similarly skilled but Drummond seems to have a significantly better attitude and more athleticism plus he's still growing.

hard to tell
    davis is definitely the safer pick but drummond potential is basically amare+all nba D... how scary is that?

Wow, Pistons fan here and I can't believe so many people are saying Drummond. Don't get me wrong I love the guy and have all the hopes in the world he will live up to the hype, but Anthony Davis seems like such a sure thing to me. He looked like he fit in great on the Olympic Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Why is this a question? One will be ROY, a staple at the ASG, perhaps some MVPs and seems like a HOF lock. One will not.

Either way l learn a lot more about posters than players in threads like this.

One of the stupidest things I have ever read here

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    One of the stupidest things I have ever read here
    Oakley is a nice guy but I agree this post is terrible. Sure fire HOFer, perennial all stars and MVP's? Wow talk about a hype train for a player who wasn't even truly dominant on any level.

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Wow, Pistons fan here and I can't believe so many people are saying Drummond. Don't get me wrong I love the guy and have all the hopes in the world he will live up to the hype, but Anthony Davis seems like such a sure thing to me. He looked like he fit in great on the Olympic Squad.
    Davis is definately as close to a sure thing in any draft you can hope for, but Drummond's potential is just so overwhelming that if he ever reaches it there will hardly be a player close to him in impact. Hopefully he does the NBA needs some talent at C. I hope Davis hits his as well because that would be an awesome battle in the finals. Bring back the C!!!!!!!!