Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight Howard vs. Hakeem Olajuwon

Hakeem. One of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Dwight. A guy who bricks open hookshots.

Saw a basketball once CarolinaBlue704's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Hakeem, but dwight could have a better prime. I bet Dwight has the ability to block up to 5 a game. Not that he will, but he sure has the athleticism.
    you have absolutely no clue just how far away Howard is from being as good as Hakeem Olajuwon was.seriously,Howard isn't even in Olajuwon's stratosphere at this point.

Hakeem, but dwight could have a better prime. I bet Dwight has the ability to block up to 5 a game. Not that he will, but he sure has the athleticism.
    Hakeem was just as athletic as Dwight. While he wasn't as high of a jumper, he was both faster (end to end speed) and quicker than Dwight. Young Hakeem's athleticism along with his footwork made watching other big men trying to defend him in the post fun as he Dream Shook them out of their shoes.

7-time NBA All-Star

Dwight did average 4.2 blocks over the first 21 games last season before a few nagging injuries/early game exits dropped his numbers a bit. But does Dwight have the ability to score 27-28 per game, finish top 2 or 3 in scoring, average 33 points during a championship playoff run? Is Dwight Howard going to average near 4 assists per game? I don't see that offensive potential. I can see Dwight being a 23, maybe 24 ppg, 2.5, possibly 3 apg type guy in his prime, but not much better and I can never imagine having his opponents on a string in the low post the way Hakeem did.

Worst thread of the week.

Another noob who also has no clue about basketball. Seriously, if you have never watch Hakeem play, do us a favor and watch his game first and then comment on it. Many of posters here have watch games as far back to the 80s. Idiotic comments like this only shows how young you are and the lack of basketball knowledge you have.

Saw a basketball once CarolinaBlue704's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Dwight did average 4.2 blocks over the first 21 games last season before a few nagging injuries/early game exits dropped his numbers a bit. But does Dwight have the ability to score 27-28 per game, finish top 2 or 3 in scoring, average 33 points during a championship playoff run? Is Dwight Howard going to average near 4 assists per game? I don't see that offensive potential. I can see Dwight being a 23, maybe 24 ppg, 2.5, possibly 3 apg type guy in his prime, but not much better and I can never imagine having his opponents on a string in the low post the way Hakeem did.
    not to mention Olajuwon averaged over 2.0spg for a whole season on five different occasions.

High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

Guys, we are forgetting Dwight can dunk and dance, he is therefore better.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob
    Guys, we are forgetting Dwight can dunk and dance, he is therefore better.
    oh yes and where capes.

And you may think hakeem is the better defender but Dwight can steal better centers nicknames.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    Another noob who also has no clue about basketball. Seriously, if you have never watch Hakeem play, do us a favor and watch his game first and then comment on it. Many of posters here have watch games as far back to the 80s. Idiotic comments like this only shows how young you are and the lack of basketball knowledge you have.
    Lol, I've watched hakeem a ton dipsh*t and not just on NBA classic or wutever its called. Hakeem was athletic but not as much as dwight, dwight isn't as fast but he can jump higher and is probably a little stronger. Dwight has a really huge upside if he gets a better post game.

Value Ape.

Hakeem will be too old to play much at all 10 years from now.

Default Re: Dwight Howard vs. Hakeem Olajuwon – who will be the greater player 10 years from

Lol, I've watched hakeem a ton dipsh*t and not just on NBA classic or wutever its called. Hakeem was athletic but not as much as dwight, dwight isn't as fast but he can jump higher and is probably a little stronger. Dwight has a really huge upside if he gets a better post game.
    So how long will it take Dwight to reach Shaq level post play? How about Yao? There is no way that he will ever reach Hakeem level post game.

Scoring: Hakeem > Dwight
    Rebounding: Hakeem > Dwight (Sure Dwight has "bigger" numbers but who does he rebound against in the league?)
    Blocking: Hakeem > Dwight
    Assisting: Hakeem > Dwight
    Stealing: Hakeem > Dwight
    Leadership: Hakeem > Dwight

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    So how long will it take Dwight to reach Shaq level post play? How about Yao? There is no way that he will ever reach Hakeem level post game.

Scoring: Hakeem > Dwight
    Rebounding: Hakeem > Dwight (Sure Dwight has "bigger" numbers but who does he rebound against in the league?)
    Blocking: Hakeem > Dwight
    Assisting: Hakeem > Dwight
    Stealing: Hakeem > Dwight
    Leadership: Hakeem > Dwight
    Dwight easily outrebounds hakeem. Hakeems peak rebounding was when the league was at a much much higher pace.
    I'd go Prime dwight, if he reaches his max potential (not saying he will but if he does)
    Scoringwight>hakeem
    ReboundingDwight>hakeem (he already outrebounds him)
    Blocking: Dwight>hakeem
    everything else goes to hakeem though. People forget that David robinson had a better prime then hakeem, and was just as good as him at one point. I really don't see why people have such a love for hakeem on here, hes a top five all time center, but people over rate him.

Good High School Starter

Dwight easily outrebounds hakeem. Hakeems peak rebounding was when the league was at a much much higher pace.
    I'd go Prime dwight, if he reaches his max potential (not saying he will but if he does)
    Scoringwight>hakeem
    ReboundingDwight>hakeem (he already outrebounds him)
    Blocking: Dwight>hakeem
    everything else goes to hakeem though. People forget that David robinson had a better prime then hakeem, and was just as good as him at one point. I really don't see why people have such a love for hakeem on here, hes a top five all time center, but people over rate him.