Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Love is not impressed with Lakers organization.

lol @ these stans still clinging to the Jerry Buss era. He's dead, move on. Jim's ego ruined that organization. That's a fact. By far the worst owner in the league. lol @ better foundation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    lol @ these stans still clinging to the Jerry Buss era. He's dead, move on. Jim's ego ruined that organization. That's a fact. By far the worst owner in the league. lol @ better foundation.
    Thats a bit harsh dude

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

LA ruined their chances the past 12 months. With that terrible huge Kobe contract on the books until after the 2015/2016 contract they basically have to wait until 2016 to build something. They should have amnestied Kobe, which would have caused Dwight to stay and they could have lured top free agents then...now they will strike out.

Decent playground baller

People said Lakers were done when Jerry West left and Lakers had Mitch Kupchack aka Mitch CupCrap take over as GM. Lakers went on to win 4 more titles after Jerry West left.

JIm Buss was the one in charge when the CP3 deal went down and was nixed because his father was sick in the hospital.

I mean he has been in charge for 2 years and you guys judge him on that. Thats like saying Lebron was done after he choked in 2011.

College superstar

I really like his answer.

He didn't flat out deny it, and he's putting pressure on the Lakers organization to get better.

I absolutely fvcking love how everyone is taking this at 100% face value. Like he doesn't have to do some MAJOR damage control after spending the entire season bitching about how crappy his team is and making it an open secret that he wants to be a Laker. Even if he doesn't join the Lakers, he has to do SOMETHING to up his value at this point. You think he was going to sign there for the minimum or some shit?

'ruined the organization' in just a few seasons?

lets wait to see after 10 years or so, and then we can pass judgement.

id venture to say there are far worse owners in the league judging by how horrible some organizations have been for the past decade +

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Thats a bit harsh dude
    What's "harsh" about saying a dead person is dead? Do you view "dead" as some kind of insult or something?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I absolutely fvcking love how everyone is taking this at 100% face value. Like he doesn't have to do some MAJOR damage control after spending the entire season bitching about how crappy his team is and making it an open secret that he wants to be a Laker. Even if he doesn't join the Lakers, he has to do SOMETHING to up his value at this point. You think he was going to sign there for the minimum or some shit?
    As opposed to building castles in the sky based on nothing like you are doing?

Simple PR answer: "I love my team now and will deal with free agency when it arrives".

But he went extra step...

So, what else was Love supposed to say? Something like ''I love the Lakers franchise, can't wait to get out of MN to join them'', or what. Love will join the Lakers, worst-kept secret in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    What's "harsh" about saying a dead person is dead? Do you view "dead" as some kind of insult or something?
    Nah it just seemed like the context was a a bit disrespectful

Quote Originally Posted by Darius

Simple PR answer: "I love my team now and will deal with free agency when it arrives".

bro, melo has gone that route and media has been hounding him still.

theres no safe answer when you leave the door open at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius

I think it's likely that he signs with the Lakers, but I'm not taking it as a given. It looks to me like he's saying that the Lakers aren't getting him cheap, which is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Nah it just seemed like the context was a a bit disrespectful
    He's dead. It's not a matter of respect.

If saying he is dead is disrespectful, what would be the respectful thing to say?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    He's dead. It's not a matter of respect.

If saying he is dead is disrespectful, what would be the respectful thing to say?
    He's dead, move on, just seemed a little harsh, thats all, no need to ask why, it just came across that way. All good tho