Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: All-Star second returns

[QUOTE=Sportal]I'm tired of the public's involvement in this. At the end of the day this is a resum

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    No dude that plays for a team called "Pelicans" will ever be popular
    He's also been really disappointing this year. I was expecting some godly numbers and the playoffs. He still has time on his side though.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    He's also been really disappointing this year. I was expecting some godly numbers and the playoffs. He still has time on his side though.
    He needs a true running mate

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Looks like everything is the same as the first returns. Lebron, George, Wade, Durant, Kobe, Curry, and Westbrook all appear to be locks. The final frontcourt spots in both conferences and the second guard spot in the east will probably come down to the wire.
    Hard to imagine Kyrie's lead decreasing as we get closer to the game. He had the second guard starter position before he came back from injury. From the first returns which came out on Dec. 25th until now, his lead on Lowry has only increased. And, I'm guessing based on his recent performances, that lead is widening.

Unless there is a Bieber-like campaign or *gulp* another injury, the guard spots in the East appear to be filled.

The interesting one to me is the third frontcourt spot in the West, with Green, Kawhi and Griffin all battling it out. If one of those guys could go on a crazy streak or goes cold, any of the three could get that spot.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Kobe STILL the best in the game.

DAMN.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Hard to imagine Kyrie's lead decreasing as we get closer to the game. He had the second guard starter position before he came back from injury. From the first returns which came out on Dec. 25th until now, his lead on Lowry has only increased. And, I'm guessing based on his recent performances, that lead is widening.

Unless there is a Bieber-like campaign or *gulp* another injury, the guard spots in the East appear to be filled.

The interesting one to me is the third frontcourt spot in the West, with Green, Kawhi and Griffin all battling it out. If one of those guys could go on a crazy streak or goes cold, any of the three could get that spot.
    Good point about Irving. I was thinking Lowry or Butler could make a surge, but I didn't consider the fact that Irving may also surge now that he's healthy and playing well.

National High School Star

For me, personally, I would say:

East - Drummond, LeBron, PG, Butler, and I guess... Kyrie? The fillers can be the other regular suspects.

West - ... **** that. That pool of players is ridiculous.. Can't ignore Green, but can't really ignore Durant and Kawhi... I guess Curry, Harbrook, Green Kawhi, Durant...... lol.

How in the **** does Zaza Pachulia have more votes than Aldridge and Cousins?

Banned

LOL Kyle Lowry? Craptors fans are shameless XD

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    No dude that plays for a team called "Pelicans" will ever be popular
    Knickerbockers are pants dude. Pants.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I will preface this by saying that I'm probably looking at this with wine-and-gold colored glasses, but I also think there is a very rational case for Kevin Love to be in this game as a reserve.

Allow me to make the case. Please read before you respond...

Kevin Love is averaging over 16/11 on a team that has distanced itself as the #1 team in the East at 24-9.

That may not sound like much, but there are only four other players in the entire league averaging that many rebounds and putting up 16+ a game. Those players are Andre Drummond, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins and Pau Gasol.

So, of the players averaging at least 16/11, only two reside in the East (Drummond, Gasol), and only one of those two (Pau Gasol) is doing it on a team with an above .500 record.

And, the Cavs aren't just above .500, they have the best record in the East and one of the three best records in the NBA.

Last year, at this point in the season, the Atlanta Hawks were 25-8. They had a one-game advantage on this Cavs' team as it stands right now. Yet, they had four representatives in the All-Star Game.

It makes no sense that the Cavs, with a near identical record, wouldn't be able to get at least three guys in, especially when Love has the resume to make the cut with 16/11. Last year, Paul Millsap made it averaging 17/8 and Kyle Korver was averaging 14/4.

Furthermore, Love is a three-time All-Star. He isn't some flash in the pan. He has proven that he can do what guys like Cousins, Davis and Drummond are doing by putting up huge numbers on bad to mediocre teams.

Now that he has sacrificed a lot of those numbers to be on a contender, he shouldn't be punished for it. That should be the goal of every player who isn't an elite superstar.

I think he will be voted in by the coaches, btw. And rightfully so.

As much as I want Kobe to be in the ASG in his last year, fan voting is just stupid. I'm just glad neither the Great Yi Jianlian nor fukkin Lin has made the all star team.

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    I think he's hit his ceiling. he's never going to have a good low-post game with that lanky body and he's not gonna turn into Dirk with that mid-range. he's an absolute beast though and 24/10 with 2 blocks and 1 steal is great.

Irving plays 5 games, is 2nd in the voting.