Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Are we fans witnessing SIX of the top 15 NBA players of alltime this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Isiah also had a great run in the 90 Finals. It's often overlooked, but he was a beast that year. I think it was his last great year.
    Yes, he had a great series. 28/7/5 and Finals MVP.

Default Re: Are we fans witnessing SIX of the top 15 NBA players of alltime this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Agreed but he was the TRUE LEADER, CLUTCH PLAYER, TOTAL GAME CREATOR...IT WAS HE WHO MADE OTHERS AND MALONE BETTER...NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND...
    you're flat out wrong in trying to say that malone didn't *also* make stockton look better.

those guys had an even impact on each other's games. there's no doubt about it. while each guy proved they could score on their own (they didn't run the pick and roll EVERY play. malone posted up a ton, stockton shot and drove a lot, showed he could shoot effectively spotting up *or* off the dribble, etc), facilitate an offense through them (like when the jazz posted up malone and ran dive cuts off him), etc.

each guy knew how to make the game incredibly easy for the guys around them. both of them were truly great passers, both in terms of having the vision to see the passing lane, and in terms of having the ability to deliver the right pass, at the right time, to put a teammate in position to score.

Local High School Star

Agreed but he was the TRUE LEADER, CLUTCH PLAYER, TOTAL GAME CREATOR...IT WAS HE WHO MADE OTHERS AND MALONE BETTER...NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND...
    I never denied that. I gave credit to Stockton for being clutch in my earlier posts. He ran the PNR with Malone to perfection. However, Malone is considered greater than Stockton for what he achieved by many people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy77
    what was he doing the rest of his career? are you serious?

only averaging 25ppg, 10rpg, shooting 51% from the floor, and being a f**king iron man, playing 80+ games in a season 17 out of 19 years of his career (one of the two years he actually missed games was the lockout-shortened year, he played 49 of the 50 games).

0 losing seasons his entire NBA career. ZERO. think about that.

his 19 years in the NBA:

19 42+ win seasons.
    9 50+ win seasons.
    3 60+ win seasons.

10 times went to the second round or farther.
    6 times went to the WCF of farther.
    3 times in the NBA Finals.

"what happened all the other years of his career?"

HALL OF FAME CAREER.

that's what happened the rest of his career.

[color=white]owned.[/color]
    Talk about irrelevant information...Thats not owned...I was responded to a specific premise..."that Jordan was the only reason Malone didnt win a title". All you did was waster your time putting up irrelvant information to combat that point.
    Last edited by Younggrease; 03-20-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Garnett, anyone?
    Nope, never won a ring until he had 2 other superstars to help him, and got to play in one of the weakest conferences in league history.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Talk about irrelevant information...Thats not owned...I was responded to a specific premise..."that Jordan was the only reason Malone didnt win a title". All you did was waster your time putting up irrelvant information to combat that point.

i'm about to get in this right now.

uhh... how is all that information not enough to support that Karl Malone was a beast during his NBA career. His numbers prove it. Although Jordan did stop Malone from gettin a ring. that doesn't prove Malone wasn't a boss.

Stockton was there for him to help him throughout his career, but Malone would still be who he is today without John Stockton!
    Last edited by sharpshooter88; 03-20-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter88
    i'm about to get in this right now.

uhh... how is all that information not enough to support that Karl Malone was a beast during his NBA career. His numbers prove it. Although Jordan did stop Malone from gettin a ring. that doesn't prove Malone wasn't a boss.

Stockton was there for him to help him throughout his career, but Malone would still be who he is today without John Stockton!
    who the hell said Malone wasnt a beast...who the hell said stockton wasnt a top 4 pg ever?

All Im saying is that the common saying that the reason Malone didnt win a ring is because of Jordan is just plain false...

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    who the hell said Malone wasnt a beast...who the hell said stockton wasnt a top 4 pg ever?

All Im saying is that the common saying that the reason Malone didnt win a ring is because of Jordan is just plain false...

o fasho...i thought u were disagreeing with Biddy77's stats about malone. I just had to back up malone.

Malone should've won a ring and could've if Lakers did there thing in the 2003-04 season, but other than that Jordan did stop Malone from winning a ring in the early years of Malone's career on Jazz.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Season 3-Point FGA (3-Point Field Goal Attempts)

Barkley: 2020
    Malone: 310
    McHale: 157
    Duncan: 126

Season 2-Point FG%

1-[COLOR="Blue"]CHARLES BARKLEY[/COLOR]: 58.13% FG% (21.6 PPG)[COLOR="blue"](1st Option/Focal Scorer)[/COLOR]

2-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]KEVIN MCHALE[/COLOR]: 55.75% FG% (17.7 PPG) [COLOR="darkred"](2nd Scoring)[/COLOR]

3-KARL MALONE: 51.90% FG% (24.8 PPG)[COLOR="blue"](1st Option/Focal Scorer)[/COLOR]

4-TIM DUNCAN: 51.06% FG% (21.4 PPG) [COLOR="blue"](1st Option/Focal Scorer)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]6.23% Efficency Difference (Same Gap Between a 51% Inside Scorer vs a 45% Inside Scorer) [/COLOR]

Play-Offs 2-Point FG%

***Clutch Time. This is When A Player Faces the Toughest Of Competitions.

1-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]KEVIN MCHALE[/COLOR]: 56.30% FG% (18.7 PPG) [COLOR="DarkRed"](2nd Scoring Option)[/COLOR]

2-[COLOR="blue"]CHARLES BARKLEY[/COLOR]: 55.13% FG (22.5 PPG)[COLOR="Blue"](1st Scoring Option/Focal Scorer)[/COLOR]

3-TIM DUNCAN: 50.43% FG% (23.3 PPG) [COLOR="blue"](1st Scoring Option/Focal Scorer)[/COLOR]

4-KARL MALONE: 46.56% FG% (24.6 PPG) [COLOR="blue"](1st Scoring Option/Focal Scorer)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]8.57% Efficency Difference (Same Gap Between a 55% Inside Scorer vs a 46.4% Inside Scorer) [/COLOR]

Malone a Better Inside Scorer than Barkley?
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 03-20-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23
    I never denied that. I gave credit to Stockton for being clutch in my earlier posts. He ran the PNR with Malone to perfection. However, Malone is considered greater than Stockton for what he achieved by many people.
    Most People don`t know the game....They think MVP = Better Player....Launching 25 FGA PG is Great etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter88
    o fasho...i thought u were disagreeing with Biddy77's stats about malone. I just had to back up malone.

Malone should've won a ring and could've if Lakers did there thing in the 2003-04 season, but other than that Jordan did stop Malone from winning a ring in the early years of Malone's career on Jazz.
    Late Years...

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy77
    top 15 is VERY elite company, and i think people are really showing a lack of big picture perspective assuming that wade and cp3 even have a chance of sniffing that level of prestige.

think about all the guys who currently are accepted as the top 10 or 15 in league history...

do people already have such huge hard-ons for those guys that they're going to throw it right out there that we should expect these guys to be better than the guys whose names currently get mentioned in that talk?

shaq and duncan, top 15, no question. kobe is probably top 15-20. lebron stands a good chance of being one of the two best SFs of all time when all is said and done. i'll give you 4 of 6. cp3 and wade, though? seriously?

pull your junk out of the rubber ******. stop this fantasy now. if you let it carry on, all you're going to be left with is a mess to clean up, and a handful of shame.

Says the guy who thinks Brandon Roy can be a future top 10 of all time..

he's not only a future top 10 player, he's a top 10 player in the NBA *right now*. packaging his ability with his humility, his ownership of any mistakes he might make (and they are rare), the confidence he inspires in his teammates by sharing with them so willingly, and his completely anti-Maggette attitude (Mag = MEMEME, Roy = TEAMTEAMTEAM), and there's no other guy i'd rather have in Portland.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Says the guy who thinks Brandon Roy can be a future top 10 of all time..
    He obviously meant top 10 player in the league. Not all time.

Local High School Star

Most People don`t know the game....They think MVP = Better Player....Launching 25 FGA PG is Great etc etc
    Well, people have certain criterias to rank players. I personally tend to compare them individually, their longevity and what they achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23
    Well, people have certain criterias to rank players. I personally tend to compare them individually, their longevity and what they achieved.
    I compare them from a) level of skills (including clutch time), b) level of efficiency (backed up statistically) and from what i saw impact wise per game between their primes: ages 22 to 32 year where Malone was simpley in a lower level than Barkley . When Barkley F****ed up his back in 1994 and his knees began destroying him by the 1995 season then thats where Malone started getting his advantage over Barkley, never before infact total opposite!. A that time both where 32 years old...a player doesn`t get better after ages 32.... in fact physicall you began to tair down at ages 29-30....

Basketball is a Team Game...so all that other Bull (even Barkley`s MVP, which he deserved initally in 1990 by miles! is all Bull**** just because he was put in a Better Team :rolleeyes:) has nothing to do with who is the better player any how. Longevity has nothing do with being a better player either .

Lets say Duncan plays till age 42 as a C and maintains a certain good level then this other Center named Shaq: whose level of game diminushes between ages 33-34 do to injuries and and retires at age 38. Do those other years from Shaqs 33-34 year old spam that Duncan played above him make Duncan a better player than Shaq between Shaqs between ages 20-32 prime spam? NOT EVEN F-CKING CLOSE!!!!, ANY ONE OVER 23 KNOWS THIS OR SHOULD ATLEAST... :sleepin: ...

No Player gets Better after ages 33-34 at most you just maintaing certain skills while your experience helps your physical falling less harmfull..

Thats like saying Maradona from WC 1990 (age 30) was better than Maradona (at age 26) in WC 1986 Or that Zidane better in WC 2006 (age 34) was better than in WC 1998 at (age 26) . Pele for example in his total prime had to be destroyed by the other team (Portugal) for this one to have an option in 1966 (age 28= his total prime!!!) which along 1962 (age 24) was his best WCs!. In 1970 he had a superior squad than the other WCs (easier to play) and yet somewhat prime still (age 32) he did not have the OVERALL IMPACT and Unstoppablness he once had before

GET REAL!
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 03-20-2009 at 08:12 PM.