Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #1576
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,872
Default Re: Boston Marathon Bomb reaction discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Americans really this stupid to believe that Middle East countries hate them because of Islam and carry out all these attacks because US has freedom? Wow

Countries hate Americans because of their ignorance, ego and the fact that they are trying to be the police of the world.

I wouldn't really say americans as a whole population, not every american is as ignorant and stupid as "Patrick Chewing". I came back as an exchange student from Texas A&M a few months ago and I met very few people who had those kind of beliefs regarding the Middle East.

It's very important to not judge everyone based on the actions of a few. The same way I'm totally against people making comments regarding the whole muslim population I'm also against people making prejudice comments about americans.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #1577
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,886
Default Re: Boston Marathon Bomb reaction discussion

I just read that all the Imams in the vicinity around Boston refused to perform funeral on one of them who killed himself in the war against innocent, unarmed, free people who ran in the marathon. Imams want to show strong distance against similar acts and emphasize that suicide bombing does not belong to the religion (something that extremists often suggest).
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #1578
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,872
Default Re: Boston Marathon Bomb reaction discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I just read that all the Imams in the vicinity around Boston refused to perform funeral on one of them who killed himself in the war against innocent, unarmed, free people who ran in the marathon. Imams want to show strong distance against similar acts and emphasize that suicide bombing does not belong to the religion (something that extremists often suggest).


Oh, shut up, Pauk.

It takes an ass with extreme believes to become an Imam.
Sweden is a very modern country with modern beliefs and a research group made a program about mosque's in Sweden and their Imams.

They sent a muslim female undercover who went to various mosque's and to various Imam's to see what kind of respond she would get regarding polygamy and about a muslim husband beating up his wife.

They went to every mosque in Sweden and met up with every leading Imam and every single one of them supported the wifebeating man who also wanted to marry a second wife and polygamy is not even legal in Sweden.

I tend to be on your side when Islam gets a mention because people really attack you due ignorance but you're an idiot too so I might just as well shit on you as well. Imam's are dogs.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #1579
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,730
Default Re: Boston Marathon Bomb reaction discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Oh, shut up, Pauk.

It takes an ass with extreme believes to become an Imam.
Sweden is a very modern country with modern beliefs and a research group made a program about mosque's in Sweden and their Imams.

They sent a muslim female undercover who went to various mosque's and to various Imam's to see what kind of respond she would get regarding polygamy and about a muslim husband beating up his wife.

They went to every mosque in Sweden and met up with every leading Imam and every single one of them supported the wifebeating man who also wanted to marry a second wife and polygamy is not even legal in Sweden.

I tend to be on your side when Islam gets a mention because people really attack you due ignorance but you're an idiot too so I might just as well shit on you as well. Imam's are dogs.

This is unfortunately true and one of the main reasons extremism/fundamentalism thrives. All the imams in the middle east and probably Western Europe are barbaric lunatics and they pretty much brainwash all of their followers.

Don't know the situation in the US though
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #1580
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,457
Default Re: Boston Marathon Bomb reaction discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Americans really this stupid to believe that Middle East countries hate them because of Islam and carry out all these attacks because US has freedom? Wow

Countries hate Americans because of their ignorance, ego and the fact that they are trying to be the police of the world.

I know right?

It's not like the same violent behavior towards non-Islamic morals pervades throughout the Middle East, Northern Africa, Pakistan, India, Southern Russia, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc, etc.

Absolutely not the case.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #1581
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,194
Default They found "Misha"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
His family members and friends all say that it was this 'Misha' character who influenced Tamerlan and turned him into a more radical Muslim. So that begs the question of who the guy is, where he's getting his ideas from, if he is involved with terror cells.

A freelancer who writes for the New York Review of Books and who speaks Russian has located Misha. He lives in Rhode Island. He posted a blog post previewing a larger article he will have the story.

Misha says he knew Tamerlane three years ago in Boston, but hasn't seen him since he moved away. He also said that the FBI knows who he is and he has cooperated with them, giving them him computer and his phone.
Quote:
Allakhverdov said he had known Tamerlan in Boston, where he lived until about three years ago, and has not had any contact with him since. He declined to describe the nature of his acquaintance with Tamerlan or the Tsarnaev family, but said he had never met the family members who are now accusing him of radicalizing Tamerlan. He also confirmed he had been interviewed by the FBI and that he has cooperated with the investigation:
Quote:
I’ve been cooperating entirely with the FBI. I gave them my computer and my phone and everything I wanted to show I haven’t done anything. And they said they are about to return them to me. And the agents who talked told me they are about to close my case.
An FBI spokesman in Boston declined to comment on an ongoing case. Allakhverdov’s statements, however, seemed to bear out recent reports that the FBI have not found any connection between “Misha” and the bomb plot.
KevinNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy