Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: who is Gregory Slaughter???

If we ever put Gregory Slaughter on our current National Team the coaching staff should give him limited playing time because the way i have seen him play he still needs alot of training and advance footwork.

We do not want to send players that cannot even dominate against 6'4 and below Centers because this would spell an instant doom for the RP Team.

The reason i like to see GS in the 2008-2010 National Team is to give him enough exposure, and he can learn from some of the best bigmen in the PBA because he will be forced to guard them in practice, and he will gain a huge confidence of being not afraid to dominate in the lowposts area.

He is only turning 20 yrs.old and with proper training and exposure against tough competition he might as well become the RP National Team version of Andrew Bynum despite being only 20 yrs.old he is proving to the critics that he belongs in the NBA.

I want to see Slaughter dominate the board instead of focusing in hitting his outside shoots because let's face it we have a poor rebounding performance in the FIBA Asian Championship, and the Philippines National Team have plenty of outside shooters to spread on the floor.

So, I hope our coaching staff will teach GS on improving his basketball fundamentals, and give him some tips on how to become a good lowposts scorer like some of the best center in the history of the game.

I want Slaughter to develop his footwork ala poor men version of Hakeem Olajuwon, and he need to learn on how to be physical in his game because let's face it the current trend of some of the best PF/Center is asia is that they are no longer softer, and some of them knows how to use the length of their wingspan in controlling the rebounds.

I can see him become more of a Tim Duncan instead of Dirk Nowitzki, who sucks in guarding smallers players, and cannot use his size in posting against smaller defenders that is why a fast face team undersize team can knock out the Dallas Mavericks in the playoffs.

I want to see Slaughter become a rebounding machine, so that in due time we might not actually need to naturalize another foreign players.

Saw a basketball once

agree to that dude

Saw a basketball once

@Hoopnightmare

email me at thadzonline@basketballcebu.com

let's talk about your brother who wants to play ball here