Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default The Thunder/Westbrook have been AWFUL without Durant

Granted it's just the preseason, but let's look at their first half numbers(when starters play in preseason) the last 3 games since Durant went down with an injury.

-They've been outscored 175-131
    That's an average of 58-44

-For the entire game, they've been outscored by an average of 113-90.

-They've won exactly 2 of the 12 total quarters, meanwhile they've seen opposing teams double their score in 3 different quarters.

-They've shot 39.8% from the floor and 21.3% from 3 as a TEAM

-Westbrook has put up 27 points, 7 rebounds, 11 assists, and 9 turnovers in 50 minutes played on 29.6 FG% 0 3P%.

-There is not 1 single player on the Thunder with a positive +/- over the 3 game stretch.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: The Thunder/Westbrook have been AWFUL without Durant

I don't know why people keep pretending players like Ibaka/Adams/Lamb/Jackson are anythimg more than average at best players. Anthony Morrow is decent, they never had a 3rd option (since KMart left) even with KD/WB and now they are missing KD what were people expecting? The support cast around WB and KD has been average since they let Harden go that's just a fact.

Bunch of role players who would not get playing time on most other playoff teams in the West.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 10-20-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Not that this is really good proof since it's just preseason.....but I think it's a joke that some people think they'll be like the 4th seed before KD comes back. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, hopefully not...
    Last edited by Warfan; 10-20-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Wait until season starts to overreact. It is just pre season, players aren't giving 100% in order to stay healthy, Thunder didn't even played the starters in all those games.
    Thunder should be decent until KD comes back, I would say 5th or 6th in the West. Thought their start is tough. In the first week 5 games in 7 days, 4 on the road including 2 back to backs on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Wait until season starts to overreact. It is just pre season, players aren't giving 100% in order to stay healthy, Thunder didn't even played the starters in all those games.
    Thunder should be decent until KD comes back, I would say 5th or 6th in the West. Thought their start is tough. In the first week 5 games in 7 days, 4 on the road including 2 back to backs on the road.
    Their opponents for the first month are pretty good for a team missing their star player though.

Here's their opponents. Not a bad run overall. Highlighted the easy teams. Even most of the tougher games are at home for them.

AT Portland 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)
    AT L.A. Clippers 9:30 p.m. (TNT)
    Denver 7 p.m.
    AT Brooklyn 6:30 p.m.
    AT Toronto 6:30 p.m.
    Memphis 7 p.m. (ESPN)
    Sacramento 6 p.m.
    Milwaukee 7 p.m.
    Boston 6:30 p.m.
    Detroit 7 p.m.

Houston 6 p.m. (NBATV)
    AT Utah 8 p.m.
    AT Denver 8 p.m.
    Brooklyn 7 p.m.
    Golden State 6 p.m. (NBA TV)
    Utah 7 p.m.
    New York 7 p.m.

AT New Orleans 7 p.m.
    AT Philadelphia 6 p.m.
    AT Detroit 5 p.m.
    Milwaukee 7 p.m.

Cleveland 7 p.m. (TNT)
    AT Minnesota 7 p.m.

I think they'll be sitting about 6th-7th by time Durant comes back assuming he's back by mid December.

what a surprise a team would play worse without 2nd best player in world

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    what a surprise a team would play worse without 2nd best player in world
    This isnt a miami thread bro......

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Their opponents for the first month are pretty good for a team missing their star player though.

Here's their opponents. Not a bad run overall. Highlighted the easy teams. Even most of the tougher games are at home for them.

AT Portland 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)
    AT L.A. Clippers 9:30 p.m. (TNT)
    Denver 7 p.m.
    AT Brooklyn 6:30 p.m.
    AT Toronto 6:30 p.m.
    Memphis 7 p.m. (ESPN)
    Sacramento 6 p.m.
    Milwaukee 7 p.m.
    Boston 6:30 p.m.
    Detroit 7 p.m.

Houston 6 p.m. (NBATV)
    AT Utah 8 p.m.
    AT Denver 8 p.m.
    Brooklyn 7 p.m.
    Golden State 6 p.m. (NBA TV)
    Utah 7 p.m.
    New York 7 p.m.

AT New Orleans 7 p.m.
    AT Philadelphia 6 p.m.
    AT Detroit 5 p.m.
    Milwaukee 7 p.m.

Cleveland 7 p.m. (TNT)
    AT Minnesota 7 p.m.

I think they'll be sitting about 6th-7th by time Durant comes back assuming he's back by mid December.
    New Orleans are not really easy IMO. I think they will surprise many this season.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    I don't know why people keep pretending players like Ibaka/Adams/Lamb/Jackson are anythimg more than average at best players. Anthony Morrow is decent, they never had a 3rd option (since KMart left) even with KD/WB and now they are missing KD what were people expecting? The support cast around WB and KD has been average since they let Harden go that's just a fact.

Bunch of role players who would not get playing time on most other playoff teams in the West.
    Those are mostly former Heat fans, now Cavs fans.

And I agree so much with what you're saying. I don't think there's a better team to be a 3rd/4th option on than behind Westbrook and Durant. They put so much pressure on the defense that it can make a Jackson or Ibaka look very good at times, but honestly they are kind of mediocre compared to the rest of the league's 3rd/4th best players.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    Those are mostly former Heat fans, now Cavs fans.

And I agree so much with what you're saying. I don't think there's a better team to be a 3rd/4th option on than behind Westbrook and Durant. They put so much pressure on the defense that it can make a Jackson or Ibaka look very good at times, but honestly they are kind of mediocre compared to the rest of the league's 3rd/4th best players.
    No not really. Just look at OKC threads a whole bunch of okc heads
    : OMG WE GOT MORROW CHAMPIONSHIP THAT SHOOTING!, and etc
    grant you a lot of it coming from the trolls but still, no miami ( true fans) cares about what happens in OKC 2012 is long gone.

So now Ibaka is an "average at best" player? Really?

People underestimate how much Durant took pressure off WB when he plays. He's a really, really, really good 2nd option, but I'd be a bit weary if he was my main guy.

Ibaka is all-star level, and Jackson is 6th man caliber.

College superstar

Anytime your evidence is preseason results you are doing it all wrong. Anytime your evidence is cherry picked from preseason stats you are a troll with an agenda.

Here is the last 4 seasons worth of meaningful game results:

WITHOUT KD
    (point differential per 100 off possessions and 100 def possessions)

+2.0 (without WB for significant period of time)
    +4.1
    +5.2
    +4.6

Those equate to ELITE teams.

LeBron's best support, in ANY of his 11 years, with all the "stacking" was +.2

Dunking on everybody in the park

One of the really bad habits that Russell Westbrook has is jumping to make passes and he consistently gets himself caught in the air with nowhere to go. It dries me crazy and this is been a problem for years.

What I didn't like about last nights game is that Andre Roberson and Steven Adams only had two field-goal attempts combined in the game. Oklahoma City will not be able to play well without Kevin Durant without contributions from those two players in the starting lineup and Russell Westbrook needs to help create those opportunities for them, especially Steven Adams who is developing a nice low post game and good hands to finish around the basket.

Russell Westbrook needs to avoid going for 27 or 30 points per game while Kevin Durant is out. Oklahoma City would be much better if he averages 20 or 22 points per game with 10 or 12 assists per game because too many of his teammates are unable to create shots on their own.